Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gruckles posted:

It was pretty weird when gen 4 only had two starters, and removed fire pokemon entirely.

I'm so glad they learned from that mistake.

Calaveron posted:

Why didn’t people like Chimchar?

It was the start of the awful Fire/Fighting trend, and in general I don't like Monferno or Infernape's designs at all. Chimchar's a bit cute at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Johnny Joestar posted:

also pokemon sage has proven that buttfire can be cute and good if this pepper/rabbit-themed line is any clue

Would love for this to be canon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

infernape is insanely sick and good in every way a pokemon can be

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

There's gotta be more characters from Journey to the West they can turn into starters. Or maybe start pulling from Water Margin and give us poke Suikoden

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Calaveron posted:

I'm not a fan of monkeys

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But he's too busy singeing to put anybody down

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Just found out this video existed while searching for a 807 Poke-Rap to catch up a friend who wants to go see Detective Pikachu movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFCD2cahGoA

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Calaveron posted:

I get Chimchar mixed up with Simisear sometimes. The former is fine, the latter is very much not.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WrightOfWay posted:

There's gotta be more characters from Journey to the West they can turn into starters. Or maybe start pulling from Water Margin and give us poke Suikoden

Well, let's see...of the main characters we already have Monkey and Pigsy, so that leaves Tripitaka, Sandy, and the White Dragon horse. You could probably make some good starters out of those three.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

lezard_valeth posted:

Just found out this video existed while searching for a 807 Poke-Rap to catch up a friend who wants to go see Detective Pikachu movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFCD2cahGoA

I like the original Pokerap https://vimeo.com/174597335

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Solumin posted:

I get Chimchar mixed up with Simisear sometimes. The former is fine, the latter is very much not.

The elemental apes were a very lazy trio but I get why they were there

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

simisage is a good boy

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

oddium posted:

simisage is a good boy dog

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should make the third stage of the starters cute for once. make the first stage the ugly one

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeha they should make meganium

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
ive been looking all aorund the internet for leaks and tehres a waterbear

but also liam robertson is like "i don't like what hte games are gonna be based on" and every pokemon official twitter account had the same message about tomorrow being the pokemon direct... except Pokemon UK only posted a winky face with teh direct picture. the new poffin and beans and ice cream and such is gonna be bacon sandwich

masaki iwane rt lillie wearing an alolan vulpix hat, pokemon fusins confir

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 27, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

ive been looking all aorund the internet for leaks and tehres a waterbear

Are these the "leaks" you mean?

I like that grass mole but don't the starters usually include a lizard or a bird?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

They should set it in the uk so we can have a post apocalyptic Pokemon game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Gripweed posted:

I like that grass mole but don't the starters usually include a lizard or a bird?

yeah, these fake-rear end ones. I like the bear.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
they're gonna set it in the pacific north west and smoking tropius will finally be legal

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gripweed posted:

i like all three of these, which is my ultimate evidence that it's fake

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They've all been posted high quality in the past couple of weeks on 4chan.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 27, 2019

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

oh no they're adorable

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Those look so fake and I hope I'm wrong

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's usually the same people each time. One of last year's fakers got the Rabbit and Platypus in different games

https://twitter.com/iNinjaHero/status/1044266387009605634
https://twitter.com/SnapBeasts/status/1096426744582754304

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 27, 2019

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Gripweed posted:

The reason I don’t believe these (other than Dehry posting proof that they’re fake) is that their sillhouettes are not very distinct. They’re all differently shaped blobs. Cute, but not seperate from one another. Compare them to the gen 7 starters, which are cute with distinct body shapes.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Dehry posted:

It's usually the same people each time. One of last year's fakers got the Rabbit and Platypus in different games

I still say that his mistake in their designs is that the evolutions all share the same color scheme as the original starters. Not even Gen 1 does this: Ivysaur, Charmeleon and Wartortle are darker then Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. Not only that, but starters usually gain some new feature rather then simply being a "bigger version" of the first form.

For the Platypus, the first form is fine but the others are too samey to pass for a proper evolution line.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You can really tell they're fake because they're all trying to mimic the leaked character sheets of the Sun and Moon starter evolutions. They always seem to forget the color guide because when looking for further examples they see the cleaned up art provided to fans.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Dehry posted:

Mole's good, water bear is funny and Would be a strong contender, but the sheep is really boring to me, I like that goat line that was posted earlier more. The eyebrows just *feel* like a retread.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dehry posted:

uh huh. earlier this month: "starting this project now! this game will be completed by summer 2020!"

i have some bad news, either for you or perhaps for them

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

They made a Tardigrade starter that's a literal water bear, god drat that's good. I know it's a leak but I'd probably take this over whatever GF has planned.

I hope they give it a special ability that lets it ignore extreme conditions.

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 27, 2019

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Can I just mention, for the record, that the Flareon in that Detective Pikachu trailer IS SO GODDAMN FLUFFY AND I LOVE IT AAAAH.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’m honestly surprised how amazing the Pokémon movie looks. Considering how every other hot Japanese media sucks dick when turned into a Hollywood movie, this is probably gonna be the best adaptation since Mortal Kombat (that soundtrack!) and the first TMNT movie.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

chaosapiant posted:

I’m honestly surprised how amazing the Pokémon movie looks. Considering how every other hot Japanese media sucks dick when turned into a Hollywood movie, this is probably gonna be the best adaptation since Mortal Kombat (that soundtrack!) and the first TMNT movie.

?

TMNT is a western property. It was originally a comic book in the 80s made by two dudes in New Hampshire.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Dehry posted:

You'd think that fakers had figured out not to use Google Translate so that this stuff wouldn't get instantly debunked by anyone who actually knows Japanese by now, but nope.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Zore posted:

?

TMNT is a western property. It was originally a comic book in the 80s made by two dudes in New Hampshire.

Sorry, it was two different statements.
1. Most Japanese major media turns to Hollywood poo poo
2. The best adaptations for games and such I’d seen were MK and TMNT.

I used to have the original Eastman/Laird graphic novels of TMNT and the first movie really did it justice.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Doc V posted:

You'd think that fakers had figured out not to use Google Translate so that this stuff wouldn't get instantly debunked by anyone who actually knows Japanese by now, but nope.

that badly done?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Doc V posted:

What are you talking about?

San teashi is definitely the way a fluent Japanese speaker would write "three arms."

Just like I have two extremities protruding from my trunk that finish as five digits. This is natural English!!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the actual visual design of those starters is pretty good but i definitely am erring on the side of them absolutely not being real, especially if the japanese is borked on the pages

hard be 100%, though, since i'm pretty sure everyone wrote off the initial leaks of the gen 7 starters as well lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
im excited for the pre-pokemon phase where everyone has very strong opinions about the starters