Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Too real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

Ixtlilton posted:

Normally I like NPR but their bias really has shown through in their coverage of this particular news item.

I've only been listening to the Democracy Now coverage on Venezuela so my perspective is probably pretty limited on the humanitarian aid issue, and I wanted to know if you could elaborate a little further on this. From what I understand, the UN and the Red Cross are refusing to assist the US in delivering supplies because they say it's politically motivated, meme seems to check out to me but what the gently caress do I know I'm just an ignorant-rear end American so any light you could shine on this would be appreciated.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SoR Blaze posted:

I've only been listening to the Democracy Now coverage on Venezuela so my perspective is probably pretty limited on the humanitarian aid issue, and I wanted to know if you could elaborate a little further on this. From what I understand, the UN and the Red Cross are refusing to assist the US in delivering supplies because they say it's politically motivated, meme seems to check out to me but what the gently caress do I know I'm just an ignorant-rear end American so any light you could shine on this would be appreciated.
The guy in charge of the US's humanitarian aid efforts has a track record of using humanitarian aid efforts as camouflage for like, giving weapons and poo poo to groups to overthrow the current government, for one thing

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SoR Blaze posted:

Trucks full of US-brand "humanitarian aid" were set on fire and then started to explode

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Isn't that pretty normal for trucks?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

Isn't that pretty normal for trucks?
Contrary to what Hollywood would have you believe, no.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

SoR Blaze posted:

Oh, I'm probably less informed than your are overall but their coverage of it has mostly been "US urges generals and military to let in aid and that they need not feel loyalty to a regime that denies humanitarian aid to its people" while calling Venezuela a failed state and saying the opposition leader is 100% the legitimate president, which I genuinely haven't looked into the background of the elections so I don't really know. A little bit more nuanced than that but still.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Zereth posted:

Contrary to what Hollywood would have you believe, no.

poo poo I've been buying the wrong trucks.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Generally speaking, the US should never be trusted to poke around in Latin American countries.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Generally speaking, the US should never be trusted to poke around in Latin American countries.

Ftfy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Could you sum it all up... in a simpsons meme?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Milo and POTUS posted:

Could you sum it all up... in a simpsons meme?

Lenny: oil supply!
Marge: Venezuela needs aid!
Lenny: oil supply!
Marge: Venezuela needs aid!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Trucks full of US-brand "humanitarian aid" were set on fire and then started to explode

by "set on fire" you mean "accidentally hit by a Molotov thrown by one of the people the weapons were intended for", I feel like that detail is important. and loving hilarious

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You can post political memes for now but I said no political discussion of political takes

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1100381260260757504?s=21

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1100670649876520960

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Oh great now the meme thread is talking about my home country too great just what I wanted.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3738387 has plenty of discussion about Venezuela if you're interested in the situation. The OP (Chuck) does a great job at sharing information since he's a Venezuelan-american that is focusing his... Uh... Thesis? On the current Venezuelan issues, so he's got a bunch of good info.

Needless to say it IS a more nuances subject than just "America bad" but I avoid discussing it with non Venezuelans because 9/10 times I get angry.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Zereth posted:

The guy in charge of the US's humanitarian aid efforts has a track record of using humanitarian aid efforts as camouflage for like, giving weapons and poo poo to groups to overthrow the current government, for one thing

Elliot Abrams, the special envoy, did more than that

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I know this comes as a shock to Americans, but your country is evil and has done pretty much nothing but evil things the last few decades. It's just that no one can oppose you so the best we can do is to at least not play along with you every now and then as you continue to do evil things

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Clumanitarian claid. Hehe.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
vape clown pussy 24/7

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Leavemywife posted:

I wish I'd found this during the height of the clussy discussion.

Thank you for giving me the excuse to post this

I said to my friend “it looks like a clown came in it”

And he got so mad lol

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

Data Graham posted:

Thank you for giving me the excuse to post this

I said to my friend “it looks like a clown came in it”

And he got so mad lol

Do clowns honk after they cum or while they cum?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
The first honk signals the beginning of the cumming, the decond honk signaldös the end

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
A hidden PA system plays "Enter the Gladiators"

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
You ever wonder what clown makeup really was?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
go ask clumshitter

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:laffo:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Defenistrator posted:

It's more like honk honk HONK

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
clown cum and clussy in Space Station 13 loving when

Popeahuntis
Apr 10, 2009

Defenistrator posted:

Yes

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

clown cum and clussy in Space Station 13 loving when

i'm sure there's servers for that if you really want them but no goon will go near it

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

90s Cringe Rock posted:

go ask clumshitter

mods please

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1100821113536417793

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

Phy posted: