Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm just screwing around. I'm just the opposite of you, the type that will never take the last bit of food (or coffee/etc) from a communal thing even if it leads to the remainder being so small that it isn't enough for anyone. But at least I won't be the guy who took the last piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Pizza delivery people. Not only are you half an hour late despite having 2 hours lead time before my scheduled delivery, the delivery guy doesn't say a single word. He just hands me the pizza and starts walking away. I paid by card and called after him like "hey don't you want your tip and don't i have to sign?". He didn't say a thing, and I gladly put 0 dollars in the tip line because I'm sure this fucker would have written in his own tip if I hadn't.

Franchises are what is wrong with businesses. If you are so big you need to let unqualified people with no standards run your branches, you are being presumptuous. I complained once, got a free coupon, used it, ordered again tonight and now I will never order from it again unless I get a scanned copy of every staffmember's termination notice at this location, and I told them this in my complaint, which I'm sure will be ignored since I headed it with "do not send me any more drat coupons i will throw them out".

I want to see heads roll, not get more bad food almost an hour after it is scheduled to be delivered.

hi i deliver pizzas as your post peeves me the gently caress out. It's food. It's not worth being lovely over. At all. Unless you get legit sick over it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not every place is the same, but you don't know what's going on the kitchen. I've had shifts where it was only me, the driver, and the cook, who doubled duty for being a server. poo poo gets busy and things can go bad. It happens.

Everyone should have to work in a kitchen for at least half a year. Maybe then we'd get less complete dicks who keep thinking their food is more important than anything else.

maybe you should just get the pizzas yourself at this point if you won't stop bitching about people delivering food to you.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Not every place is the same, but you don't know what's going on the kitchen. I've had shifts where it was only me, the driver, and the cook, who doubled duty for being a server. poo poo gets busy and things can go bad. It happens.

Everyone should have to work in a kitchen for at least half a year. Maybe then we'd get less complete dicks who keep thinking their food is more important than anything else.

maybe you should just get the pizzas yourself at this point if you won't stop bitching about people delivering food to you.

Settle down. They had 2 hours lead time, as I said in the old post you're quoting. I am paying the absurd delivery fee, I am not dumping an order during rush hour, what else am I supposed to do? I'm paying the fee because I don't want to go to the store. Every other pizza hut I've ordered from except this one was able to meet an advance order delivery time +/- 10 minutes. This one has like a 2.2 star rating after hundreds of reviews on google precisely because they make a habit of this. The anger is toward the management who allows this to happen, not the cooks. They cook the pizza alright, but it doesn't get there until it has been sitting out for 45 minutes no matter how far in advance you order it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's important to work in food service at some point so you learn that being at all rude to the staff = spit in your food

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Even if that were true, which it isn't in most cases, you are risking far more by losing your job if you get caught than I am by consuming your saliva. So go ahead.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Settle down. They had 2 hours lead time, as I said in the old post you're quoting. I am paying the absurd delivery fee, I am not dumping an order during rush hour, what else am I supposed to do? I'm paying the fee because I don't want to go to the store. Every other pizza hut I've ordered from except this one was able to meet an advance order delivery time +/- 10 minutes. This one has like a 2.2 star rating after hundreds of reviews on google precisely because they make a habit of this. The anger is toward the management who allows this to happen, not the cooks. They cook the pizza alright, but it doesn't get there until it has been sitting out for 45 minutes no matter how far in advance you order it.

Order a pizza, head over there and peep out what's going down. If they're just awful and don't care and are sitting and waiting for 45 minutes or whatever, then yeah. Be mad.

But there's sooooooooo many factors to how poo poo gets hosed up, and all it can take is one wrong number in the address or phone number to cause a massive delay in the entire night. I've been lost many times due to servers or people not doing their part, and it's caused hour delays in food. You can't do anything about that. Food service is a mostly thankless, poo poo job that people seem to not understand how much goes into it.

Either don't order from there, or be more understanding.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh man, you wouldn't believe how much saliva gets put in food. From the lowest of Del Tacos to the finest of Melting Pots, even shift supervisors will get in on that action.

Those were fun times.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Order a pizza, head over there and peep out what's going down. If they're just awful and don't care and are sitting and waiting for 45 minutes or whatever, then yeah. Be mad.

But there's sooooooooo many factors to how poo poo gets hosed up, and all it can take is one wrong number in the address or phone number to cause a massive delay in the entire night. I've been lost many times due to servers or people not doing their part, and it's caused hour delays in food. You can't do anything about that. Food service is a mostly thankless, poo poo job that people seem to not understand how much goes into it.

Either don't order from there, or be more understanding.

Like I said, I am never ordering from that location again in my life. Corporate tried to shove more coupons down my throat but it's the franchise, not the product. If they can't handle an order placed 2 hours in advance, which I'd wager most people don't do, they don't deserve to be in business. If you read the reviews people who go in have to wait absurd amounts of time after the promised time to get their food too, so i'm not about to do that. It's not just delivery. They are just a lovely franchise, which is why I said the only way I'd consider ordering from them again is if it came under new ownership with higher standards.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

DizzyBum posted:

Weirdass veggie pizza is the best because nobody wants it and I get tons of free leftovers.

Yes, this. The best pizza has tons of veggies and no meat at all, however all pizza is good and edible.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Office managers are incapable of choosing appropriate pizza for pizza lunch. They always go

50% cheese
25% pepperoni
25% weirdass veggie pizza

It should be

35% pepperoni
35% supreme (sausage and like 2-3 random veggies)
20% cheese
10% veggie
Both of these options are loving terrible.

If you're getting one pizza you get a vegetarian because everyone can eat it and it's not a bland, tasteless piece of poo poo.

If you're getting two, the second one is a meatlovers for the babies who can't handle the fact that the first one's a vegetarian.

If you're getting three then the third one's a mexicana for the people who'll complain if they have to eat a single food item that doesn't contain chillis.

Four and five should be an aussie and a hawaiian (possibly the other way around).

Six should be a supreme/special/the lot.

After that you go back to the start of the list. Add additional vegetarians into the list if there are an unusually large number of vegetarians present.

Under no circumstances should you ever get a plain cheese pizza because it will sit there all but untouched because literally anything else is better and even the one dickhead who insisted on it will only eat one or two slices.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Where the gently caress are people even buying a "plain cheese pizza"? Do they mean a Margherita?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Memento posted:

Where the gently caress are people even buying a "plain cheese pizza"? Do they mean a Margherita?

Nope; you can actually get pizzas with nothing but sauce and cheese on them from some places. God knows why.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I mean I definitely prefer toppings but now and then I'm all about just a straight-up extra cheese pizza.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I only get a cheese pizza at Pizza Hut. Completely out of nostalgia. Everywhere else, load that poo poo up.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Memento posted:

Tiggum posted:

Nope; you can actually get pizzas with nothing but sauce and cheese on them from some places. God knows why.

Keep in mind that US pizza is usually, like, one topping, maybe two, at most.

Whereas in Australia, you pile that poo poo as high as you can. My sister worked for a place that you'd, no joke, have an inch of toppings, even on a basic Hawaiian.

(La Lupa's in Tyabb, down the Mornington Peninsula, if you're curious. Recommended for a tasty, tasty heart attack.)

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm in the US and I thought that "cheese pizza" was a joke made up for Home Alone until I was probably 25.

Single topping pizzas being way too common is true, pepperoni and nothing else must be 90% of pizza orders. Although now that I think about it, a pizza with just a ton of cheese and a ton of onion could be really good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Cheese pizza is fine. I just wouldn’t ever pay money for it.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Ditto pepperoni tbh

Just give me a PMO and I'm good to go

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Cheese pizza? Boring, no thanks!!

Take the sauce out and serve it on the side and let me dip my cheese covered pizza crust bread into the sauce

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Cheese pizza? Boring, no thanks!!

Take the sauce out and serve it on the side and let me dip my cheese covered pizza crust bread into the sauce

That sounds like it might be alright.

Not sure if it was this thread or one of the myriad other threads where we argue about insignificant things like pizza toppings, but I recently got a pizza with bacon, jalapenos and pineapple on a goon recommendation and it was really really good. So thanks for expanding my palate, folks!

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
All you "what's a cheese pizza/never cheese pizza" people need to take a field trip to NYC and get a slice of plain cheese pizza.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
New York pizza is overrated imo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Plain cheese pizza is for people who don't actually like pizza.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

New York pizza is overrated imo

Every person I've ever known who dislikes pizza has been from the New York area.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Every person I've ever known who dislikes pizza has been from the New York area.

Back in the early 2000's when Pizza Hut or Dominoes had "The Big New Yorker Pizza" it was my brother's favorite pizza for some reason, I thought it was pretty meh at best, but he'd throw a fit about not getting one when it was family pizza time.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MightyJoe36 posted:

All you "what's a cheese pizza/never cheese pizza" people need to take a field trip to NYC and get a slice of plain cheese pizza.

Yeah it was okay I guess, cheap but boring.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Whenever I buy a cheese pizza from the supermarket, it's just so I can put my own toppings on it.

Like goats cheese and red onion chutney! :haw:

Then I end up eating the whole thing instead of just half like I originally planned to and have to work it off. My pet peeve is that food tastes too good.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Red onion? Sounds like some of that drat dirty health food to me! Pour cottage cheese on it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Elissimpark posted:

(La Lupa's in Tyabb, down the Mornington Peninsula, if you're curious. Recommended for a tasty, tasty heart attack.)

Everything is Australia sounds like the speaker is inventing names on the fly.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
My peeve is somebody ordering cheese sticks along with the pizza and I get all excited until I realize the cheese sticks are actually just a drat cheese pizza cut into small strips. Wtf Papa Jon's.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Butt Detective posted:

My pet peeve is that food tastes too good.

That's not a "pet peeve" that's "the root cause of 90% of the problems in my life and the reason for my premature death"

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Brawnfire posted:

Everything is Australia sounds like the speaker is inventing names on the fly.

Rubbish, the little town I grew up in of...

*Looks around, sees cow
Moo...
*Sees kangaroo near cow
...roo...
*Flock of ducks fly past
...duc...

...is totally a legit name for a town.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Every once in a while I get a cab home from work since it's fairly cheap and beats the hell out of getting a bus then walking 45 minutes, and like half the time the driver will get super passive aggressive when I mention I'm paying by debit. I dont know anyone who uses cash anymore and I'm paying the debit fee, not you just take my money and drive me home.

It doesn't happen often enough for me to stop using their service, but it happens enough for me to whine on the internet.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Get a got dang bus pass

Were you one of those people in college who would hold up the line with debit while everyone else took the three minutes to get a meal plan and transfer money from debit to there?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

they're talking about a cab, not the bus. I've never seen a bus that takes debit cards.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Get a got dang bus pass

Were you one of those people in college who would hold up the line with debit while everyone else took the three minutes to get a meal plan and transfer money from debit to there?

I even mentioned choosing a cab INSTEAD of getting the bus what are you even doing

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Apparently, having a stroke

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's important to work in food service at some point so you learn that being at all rude to the staff = spit in your food

I hate this sentiment. Now I cannot make legit complaints without thinking that my food might be spiked with salvia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You can. If they’re legit complaints no one will get mad at you. If you ordered chicken and you got fish, someone hosed up and will fix it for you.

Just don’t be an rear end in a top hat about it is the biggest thing.