Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Dammit, Will. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
at the end when everyone tries to redeem and forgive the parents notice they don't talk to the fbi guy at all for that part lol

his part for that was probably like 'no they're the dumbest mother fuckers I ever met in my entire fbi career'

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

When they tweeted it wasn't sure how he'd mesh but this is a really good episode

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
New ep rules. Brace getting a shout-out in there, too.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I normally can't stand documentaries, but I might have to watch this Larry Charles thing. He's pretty cool. I could listen to him explain/talk about comedy for a good long time.

Virgil is good at this, too.

Woody Allen shout-out. :woop:

Holy poo poo, I want to hear Larry Charles and Nick Mullen have a conversation.

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Feb 25, 2019

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

prefect posted:

Holy poo poo, I want to hear Larry Charles and Nick Mullen have a conversation.

You and I both.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Larry Charles being Very Good is cosmic balance for Graham Linehan being Very Bad.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Why do I keep hearing about Linehan, anyway? I've seen clips from Father Ted. I never thought or cared about who wrote it until this lumpy old idiot took point in the TERF Wars. He's an old gross mashed potato man like every British reactionary; who cares?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Halloween Jack posted:

Why do I keep hearing about Linehan, anyway? I've seen clips from Father Ted. I never thought or cared about who wrote it until this lumpy old idiot took point in the TERF Wars. He's an old gross mashed potato man like every British reactionary; who cares?

He now leads targeted online harassment of trans people and works tirelessly to defeat trans rights in the UK

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Because we're all terminally online and he is probably the loudest voice TERFs have. Dude literally never talks about anything else.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Because we're all terminally online and he is probably the loudest voice TERFs have. Dude literally never talks about anything else.
No one who is a TERF ever talks about anything else, especially if they're British, for some reason.

Trans activists have a really good case that TERFs aren't feminists, because there's hardly anyone about whom you can say "She's a feminist, but unfortunately she's a TERF." If someone's a TERF their entire "feminism" consists of ranting about the trans conspiracy to rape them in the bathroom.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1100080337684697088

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Henchman of Santa posted:

He used to talk poo poo about Ireland's abortion ban all the time, but they had that referendum and threw it out.

I liked him better back then.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Linehan was big on twitter back when there were few celebrities using it for anything beyond tweeting out promotional material, kind of like Stephen Fry. There was apparently enough novelty in seeing the writer of a cult sitcom talking poo poo about tories to get him a kind of soft left credibility.

At some point he started tweeting out occasional borderline transphobic stuff and whenever anyone said "hmm, not sure about this one Graham" he doubled down, to the point where he now has an ironic "xer/xim" in his bio.

Bryter fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 25, 2019

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

He also got a lot of attention when a trans support organization, Mermaids got a grant and he raised a big stink and got some people to challenge whether or not they should get the money and got it put up for review. YouTube boy Hbomberguy did a big charity steam and raised a ton of money for them and got a ton of attention on social media about it so people were dunking on him over that too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

wow I cant believe will is cancelled

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I felt like I was getting deja vu when I saw Larry Charles in the episode description. He did Gilbert Gottfried's podcast two weeks ago and their episodes go up on Monday too. That was also a good interview and he shared the same anecdote about Seinfeld DVDs and Mein Kampf being sold in Jordanian bazaars. Larry mentioned interviewing Weev during it and, as you might imagine, he was deeply disturbed by him.

Felix was on his A game this episode. Gen Z humor sounds like Freddy Got Fingered, which is definitely stupid but also seems better than millennials using comedy as a form of political preaching. Maybe the kids are all right after all. My favorite outdated Jewish stereotype was the one in the '30s that said that the Jew's wiry frame made him naturally inclined to be good at basketball.

Why is that Tablet "pitbulls are the Jews of the canine world" essay only making the rounds now? It was published three years ago. Are we running out of things to point and laugh/get angry at?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That dude who steals poo poo on stream sounds pretty funny.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

Glagha posted:

He also got a lot of attention when a trans support organization, Mermaids got a grant and he raised a big stink and got some people to challenge whether or not they should get the money and got it put up for review. YouTube boy Hbomberguy did a big charity steam and raised a ton of money for them and got a ton of attention on social media about it so people were dunking on him over that too.

Fun fact: they ended up getting the grant anyway.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Virgil made me lose it with a Nick Mullen level n-word joke in this.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

rapeface posted:

Virgil made me lose it with a Nick Mullen level n-word joke in this.

When was this? I don’t remember it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pomplamoose posted:

When was this? I don’t remember it.

He said the guy ripping off Chris Rock changed his bit to "the difference between black people and Nigerians"

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Thompsons posted:

Fun fact: they ended up getting the grant anyway.

With double of what they would have gotten originally as well, no small part thanks to Hbomb's stream.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PostNouveau posted:

That dude who steals poo poo on stream sounds pretty funny.

Boonk Gang is amazing, it's literally just him snatching poo poo and running and shouting BOONK GANG WHOLE LOTTA GANG poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Except for the time he filmed himself doing a carjacking I mean

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

they were cowards for not even mentioning "religulous" imo

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Except for the time he filmed himself doing a carjacking I mean

Yeah, that's him jacking poo poo and driving

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I Before E posted:

Yeah, that's him jacking poo poo and driving

You should watch the half hour comp where he does the jackass making GBS threads in a display toilet thing

But it's mounted on a shelf a couple feet off the ground

And he's got a can of air freshener

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tim Burns Effect posted:

they were cowards for not even mentioning "religulous" imo
Why give Bill Maher any credit?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm watching the War episode and Will was right, that VetTV guy is the most hosed up individual in an episode that includes multiple former child soldiers.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Chapo should do a movie episode on detective pikachu

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
gently caress that, I want a Frost/Christman on the Marx anime

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
We all want more frost/christman, but I don’t think it’s happening till 2023 when they release a movie about the mooch.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The larry charles ep was great.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Chapo should do a movie episode on detective pikachu

They don't do episodes on unironically good movies

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

gently caress that, I want a Frost/Christman on the Marx anime

No one wants that stupid poo poo the best and luckiest thing about Chapo is that even though they're nerd slobs they don't like or talk about anime generally

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

terrorist ambulance posted:

No one wants that stupid poo poo the best and luckiest thing about Chapo is that even though they're nerd slobs they don't like or talk about anime generally

I think less of Will now that I know he likes animes. :sigh:

coathat
May 21, 2007

Y’all Racists

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

coathat posted:

Y’all Racists

Anime is not a race.