Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Chimchar is already Son Goku

Grookey will be cooler than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Procrastine posted:

So scorbunny = scorch/score + bunny and sobble = soggy(?) + bubble, what's grookey besides monkey?
GRass mOOnKEY

Procrastine posted:

Interesting, but what typing would a soccer rabbit be when fully evolved? (Please not fighting)
It's 100% fighting

Are there any "take a dive" style moves in the fighting set?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The shining futuristic megalopolis of Scotland.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Procrastine posted:

sobble = soggy(?) + bubble

sobble might also be sob + bubble

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Procrastine posted:

Interesting, but what typing would a soccer rabbit be when fully evolved? (Please not fighting)

Well, if it is in fact a soccer bunny. It could be a special attacker (HA mega launcher with all the spheres).

A fire/fighting special starter with access to aura sphere would be a nice change of pace.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Seriously, why do you guys think they would make another fire/fighting starter after they have three already? My bet's on fairy.

I’m basing it on the speculation that Scorbunny’s evolutionary line will have a soccer player theme, or at least a sports player theme. The type which aligns the most with that concept is Fighting. See: Passimian.

Kurieg posted:

Well, if it is in fact a soccer bunny. It could be a special attacker (HA mega launcher with all the spheres).

A fire/fighting special starter with access to aura sphere would be a nice change of pace.

Seems kinda technical for a starter.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Grove, root, grow, monkey probably

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

qnqnx posted:

I want to fight the wildlife instead of throwing balls at it like an extended, lame version of the Safari zones.

Uh I still want battles. I don't want random ENCOUNTERS anymore.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
What's the villain team going to be in fantasy england anyway.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

dungeon cousin posted:

Does anyone else think that it's the UK upside down?

Yep, the big city would match up with London, and that mountain range in the bottom right would match the Pennines.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Finally all of my favorite Irish inspired SMT monsters can be in Pokemon. Go Cu Chalaian

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

dungeon cousin posted:

Does anyone else think that it's the UK upside down?

It does look more like the UK if you flip it:

https://twitter.com/Suzie_Biscuit/status/1100761447481647104

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Ariong posted:

I’m basing it on the speculation that Scorbunny’s evolutionary line will have a soccer player theme, or at least a sports player theme. The type which aligns the most with that concept is Fighting. See: Passimian.

We just got a wrestler that ended up being a Dark type

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Is it just me or does the grass really make it look like it's in the BotW engine

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Momomo posted:

We just got a wrestler that ended up being a Dark type

Wrestling isn’t a sport

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Iron Crowned posted:

I almost always go with the grass starter, but this one isn't really grabbing me.

Same. I've gone with the grass starter for more then half of these games but I think this is gonna be another Gen VII where I go with water unless the other two have some outstanding looking final forms.

Like, I know we joke about digimon-looking pokemon, but Grookey reminded me pretty heavily of Monmon at first sight (and also that scene from The Jungle Book where Baloo dresses up as a monkey). That said, if it's final form ends up looking like some sweet Grass/Dark or Grass/Psychic witch doctor or a veggie Bigfoot I'd be down with it.
Watch as it turns into some Grass/Steel kendo monkey though with it's hair stick becoming it's sword. That seems like the most obvious way for them to go so I'm sure that's what will happen.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Uh I still want battles. I don't want random ENCOUNTERS anymore.

Then what are you doing, leaving home without a full pokemart stock of Repels?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Is it just me or does the grass really make it look like it's in the BotW engine

Or he could just posing next to a Lonk statue for no reason.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hoping the postgame content for this is as good as black/white 2 which is still the best

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I can't wait to catch the Loch Ness Monster :v:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

If it’s flexible enough to host both Super Mario Oddysey and BotW, I don’t see why it couldn’t do a pokemon game.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

This seems likely

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

qnqnx posted:

Then what are you doing, leaving home without a full pokemart stock of Repels?

To sell when I buy too many potions duh

Edit: I misread

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Ariong posted:

Remember the XY trailer where Fennekin uses Power Up Punch and everyone lost it?

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Macaluso posted:

How are random encounters good

We were finally free. Free from our shackles

It's probably due to performance concerns, Let's Go Pikachu doesn't look nearly as taxing on the hardware as this does, having a bunch of pokemon on screen at one may just be too much for it to have a stable framerate.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

It looks neat.
Now we await the E3 for the updated switch rumor.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Ariong posted:

More technical than contrary or Magician? (i said HA, not normal ability. It's normal ability will be Blaze because it always is)

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Aristide posted:

Same. I've gone with the grass starter for more then half of these games but I think this is gonna be another Gen VII where I go with water unless the other two have some outstanding looking final forms.

Like, I know we joke about digimon-looking pokemon, but Grookey reminded me pretty heavily of Monmon at first sight (and also that scene from The Jungle Book where Baloo dresses up as a monkey). That said, if it's final form ends up looking like some sweet Grass/Dark or Grass/Psychic witch doctor or a veggie Bigfoot I'd be down with it.
Watch as it turns into some Grass/Steel kendo monkey though with it's hair stick becoming it's sword. That seems like the most obvious way for them to go so I'm sure that's what will happen.

I bet his first stage is a caveman with a club and his final stage is a swordsman gorilla.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

quote:

To be fair this thing looks more like a mashup of Aipom and Chespin than anything else

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Ok so other language sites have updated, French names are Ouistempo (ouistiti [marmoset] + tempo [tempo]), Flambino (flamme [flame] + bambino [Italian for child]) and Larméléon (larme [tear] + chaméléon [chameleon])

Guess Grookey is groove + monkey then

ApeHawk posted:

sobble might also be sob + bubble

Yeah, this makes sense too

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The girl's beret is cute and a better hat than whatever the boy is wearing.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I will protect and cherish Sobble until he turns into a proud tall man.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Judge Tesla posted:

Liverpool FC

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

The girl's beret is cute and a better hat than whatever the boy is wearing.

The giant square bag is weird and I hope Paris fashion is back

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Judge Tesla posted:

The Tories.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Procrastine posted:

Ok so other language sites have updated, French names are Ouistempo (ouistiti [marmoset] + tempo [tempo]), Flambino (flamme [flame] + bambino [Italian for child]) and Larméléon (larme [tear] + chaméléon [chameleon])

Guess Grookey is groove + monkey then

Yeah, this makes sense too

Yeah ya know they called Grookey a "chimp pokémon" in the trailer, but I first thought it looked more like a lemur or something. Marmoset also makes sense. Look up images of them– those things ARE pokémon.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Kurieg posted:

More technical than contrary or Magician? (i said HA, not normal ability. It's normal ability will be Blaze because it always is)

Sorry, I should have been more clear. What I meant was that the idea of a special attack focused Fighting-type pokemon is probably too obtuse for a starter. If a starter is going to be Fighting-type, it’s going to specialize in punching and kicking.

Mulderman posted:

I will protect and cherish Sobble until he turns into a proud tall man.

I will carry my boy until he has two legs of his very own.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Judge Tesla posted:

The glorious return of Team Plasma.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Team Brexit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Their dastardly plot will be privatizing pokemon centers

Also that trailer looks good as hell, those starters are darling