Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Chairman Capone posted:

Is this the first time a character has been invented from the catchphrase?

Besides Hotdog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I really wish I could have a list of all the major characters that were invented only after the episode began recording. Sitting there for 30 minutes and waiting to come on probably means that a decent number of folks just launch with a "gently caress it I'll do this instead of what I planned" character.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Yeah pft must not have had confidence in whatever he was planning. I also love how many CBB characters are either incredibly wealthy or have some sort of supernatural power.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah pft must not have had confidence in whatever he was planning. I also love how many CBB characters are either incredibly wealthy or have some sort of supernatural power.

Or have a weird deformity, or are incestuous, or have some highly coincidental connection to another guest.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I'm pretty sure PFT and Will Hines had little confidence in their characters and I dug it.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The Joker talk in this episode made me think that there's been an awful lot of Batman-related characters or discussion in the show recently.

Still hoping we get to see Batman and Bane together.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Chairman Capone posted:

The Joker talk in this episode made me think that there's been an awful lot of Batman-related characters or discussion in the show recently.

Still hoping we get to see Batman and Bane together.

Who is this..."Bat-man"???

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The real Alimony Tony only posted twice on Earwolf and hasn't been on the board in nearly 2 months... maybe all that alimony cost him his internet connection, and he'll never know.

http://forum.earwolf.com/profile/142858-alimony-tony/

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

The real Alimony Tony only posted twice on Earwolf and hasn't been on the board in nearly 2 months... maybe all that alimony cost him his internet connection, and he'll never know.

http://forum.earwolf.com/profile/142858-alimony-tony/

Well you love what you love, and sometimes what you love is paying alimony

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

gently caress Your Website posted:

Who is this..."Bat-man"???

Who, me?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/scottaukerman/status/1090684614669037569?s=21

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I have my own song parody stuck in my head to the tune of "Mony Mony" but its "Weirdamony"

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
I hope Weird Al and Alimony Tony meet someday

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Weirdamony Alimony Tonymony

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
Daughter wanted rigatoni for dinner so you know what was going in my head the rest of the evening

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think it got mentioned in the Earwolf thread but not here, but the Earwolf Presents ‘Carl Alarm’, Carl Tarts fake morning zoo radio show, is loving great. Really hope it’s going to be something regular, because I’m in. From the callers to the fact it’s day one of syndication and nobody wants to work there already, constantly funny.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think it got mentioned in the Earwolf thread but not here, but the Earwolf Presents ‘Carl Alarm’, Carl Tarts fake morning zoo radio show, is loving great. Really hope it’s going to be something regular, because I’m in. From the callers to the fact it’s day one of syndication and nobody wants to work there already, constantly funny.

Thnaks for the heads-up, I love Carl but don't follow the Earwolf Presents feed

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

"Character rips face off to reveal other character" should be banned from CBB. What a loving lazy device that is, I've always hated it.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FitFortDanga posted:

"Character rips face off to reveal other character" should be banned from CBB. What a loving lazy device that is, I've always hated it.

I agree with that.

The third guest(s) really didn't add a lot to the show.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I thought the whole setup of the guy being obviously Woody Allen in disguise and then turning out to actually be Louis CK in disguise was kind of funny, but then the subsequent Polanski reveal was not funny at all.

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah pft must not have had confidence in whatever he was planning.

Or maybe he was just tickled by the idea of Alimony Tony and wanted to chase that rabbit as far down its hole as possible

MisterHutchinson
Jan 23, 2019

JohnnyC posted:

Or maybe he was just tickled by the idea of Alimony Tony and wanted to chase that rabbit as far down its hole as possible

Yeah, from the Best-Of episodes you get the impression that PFT gets a little tired of doing the same characters repeatedly and so is delighted to jump on something new when it presents itself. So it's less that he wasn't confident in what he had planned and more that the opportunity to challenge himself was too alluring. Presumably the experience of doing Spontaneanation also fostered that approach.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Ryan Gaul's characters are all just a guy mumble-mouthing total nonsense. It rules.

"Dependin' on theday? Six or seven...hundredthousandpounds."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just googled today's guest's drummer dad and he has an amazing album cover.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Here's the link to the limited edition Farts & Procreation vinyl that Scott mentioned in the episode today, in case anyone's interested.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
drat it I thought it went on sale tomorrow. Missed it.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
drat, that did go fast. I must have gotten one of the last ones. Guess I happened upon the link on Twitter at the right time!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow, I didn't realize it'd only be 500 copies.

I wanted one.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

They added 100 more, go go go. https://twitter.com/newburycomics/status/1097915711425576965?s=21

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Still sold out

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dan Lippert killed as usual. Knew exactly what he wanted to do and managed to blend the Berkowitz and MoviePhonePass plots perfectly. He's back and better than ever!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
There are also new Harris shirts in the Podswag store, but only one that matters

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Gimme that wheat!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Franchescanado posted:

Still sold out

Sorry friend :( I managed to get one

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Consummate Professional posted:

Sorry friend :( I managed to get one

https://twitter.com/earwolf/status/1098018487459491840

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Woop woop, Thomas Middleditch episode incoming.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Woop woop, Thomas Middleditch episode incoming.

Was good stuff. Funny that he brought up Keanu Reeves seeing as the movie Replicas now hit Europe. Tommy is fine in it, but the movie is absolute dogshit. Don't recall TM doing much promotion for it for some reason...

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
It was good but I was kinda annoyed with the direction Mantzoukas steered things at the halfway point.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

turtleface posted:

It was good but I was kinda annoyed with the direction Mantzoukas steered things at the halfway point.

Well, it didn't involve Satan worship, so...small miracles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did anyone get murdered