Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did it all for the Grookey

Chyeah!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Big affinity to this sad water squirrel or whatever it is

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

Big affinity to this sad water squirrel or whatever it is

That's an amphibian

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
In french it has a chameleon-based name and it does display invisibility powers so who knows, really.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chev posted:

In french it has a chameleon-based name and it does display invisibility powers so who knows, really.

Oh that makes sense. In any case it's certainly not a mammal.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I always take the fire-type

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Sobble’s hands and feet look real lazily-drawn, definitely the loser of the group

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

axelblaze posted:

The Johnny Cage MK11 trailer looks really good. He can summon a stunt man dressed like MK1 Johnny Cage to grab your opponent for fucks sake

But how much did his sunglasses cost?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

haveblue posted:

But how much did his sunglasses cost?

Evidently they are replaceable since one of his new moves uses them as a projectile.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you save Earthrealm you can reasonably treat yo self with as many sunglasses as you want.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Those are fakes, right?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The sunglasses? No? Probably not.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

The Sobble’s hands and feet look real lazily-drawn, definitely the loser of the group

Their name is Sob+Bubble and they are probably classified as the crying pokemon, but you know what? I'm gonna protect them.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Turn your monitor on

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

axelblaze posted:

The Johnny Cage MK11 trailer looks really good. He can summon a stunt man dressed like MK1 Johnny Cage to grab your opponent for fucks sake

I'm not super up on my MK lore, how come this Hollywood stunt guy has green laser powers?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

because. there, you're up on your mortal kombat lore

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Most Hollywood actors do have super powers though. I once saw Gary Busey bicycle kick a man in half.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

water water water water water chameleon .....

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Saint Freak posted:

Most Hollywood actors do have super powers though. I once saw Gary Busey bicycle kick a man in half.
He also has the power of invisibility.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if there's any deep backstory to mortal kombat outside of "we wanted to make a 90'S XTREEM street fighter that 8 year olds would talk about how COOL it was on elementary school playgrounds" i refuse to acknowledge it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Saint Freak posted:

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/1100409993046573057

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

I'm not super up on my MK lore, how come this Hollywood stunt guy has green laser powers?

I think it's because he knows Kung Fu and that means having superpowers in the MK world.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Cowcaster posted:

because. there, you're up on your mortal kombat lore

You know what, that's totally fair. I just don't remember him having lasers in the early MK games so I don't know how recent a development that is.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

C-Euro posted:

You know what, that's totally fair. I just don't remember him having lasers in the early MK games so I don't know how recent a development that is.

Uh what
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEvcwAzci6Q

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Obviously picking grass monkey, that funky monkey.

Anyone who picks the wet emo is a wet emo.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Mods change my name to Wet Emo

In fairness while he's always had the shadowballs/lasers if you last played the early MKs as a kid like me we had no idea what any of the specials were and also sucked at actually doing them so it's possible to have never seen it

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Who even cares what starters look like in their first form? Show me their evolved forms.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Best part of Mortal Kombat was loving up the Finish Him/Her combo, and your buddy would say “Wow your finishing move was a dumb punch, nice one dude”

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Sweep in the corner 22 times and then finish with a sweep

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I stopped playing Mortal Kombat after the 64 game where my neighbor spammed the Scorpion teleport punch over and over every time we played and I never figured out how to beat him

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Have they ever done a different type of trinity for pokemon starters? Like ummm ice/ground/electric... is that right?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MMF Freeway posted:

Have they ever done a different type of trinity for pokemon starters? Like ummm ice/ground/electric... is that right?

Nope, it's always been fire/water/grass.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If you haven't stuck with the starter type you picked in Red/Blue for the past 20 years then what are you even doing

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I played yellow first

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

the first gen had a poison/grass type, huge difference

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

If you haven't stuck with the starter type you picked in Red/Blue for the past 20 years then what are you even doing

There has only been one grass/poison starter :colbert:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

MMF Freeway posted:

No, electric and ice are irrelevant toward each other. The alternate trinity which is suggested most often is Ice/Ground/Steel. That’s a bad idea though.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Playing Let’s Go Eevee made me realize how much goddamn Poison-type there is in gen 1, it sucks

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
They should do one with normal/ghost/psychic starters and if you pick the normal one your rival just calls you a noob and leaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Psychic/Ghost/Dark, let's do it

e:fb