Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i've never played Pokemon because it was always on handheld but i don't know if the year that i had my first kid is exactly the best time to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

i've never played Pokemon because it was always on handheld but i don't know if the year that i had my first kid is exactly the best time to start

theres like 20 things wrong here i cant even start

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i have back problems that i always make worse when i play handheld games. it was worth it for a lot of the 3DS catalog, but i don't think i can do it anymore.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/sir5000/status/1100762038991646720?s=21

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i have back problems that i always make worse when i play handheld games. it was worth it for a lot of the 3DS catalog, but i don't think i can do it anymore.

Young imps: don't miss out on the 3ds library because of back injuries. Always lift the Xbox controller with your legs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll be on Team Shield.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Sobble hype.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Young imps: don't miss out on the 3ds library because of back injuries. Always lift the Xbox controller with your legs

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This may be the first gen I bench my starter ASAP. Not feeling any of them.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

haha

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

I'll be on Team Shield.

Me too

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

This may be the first gen I bench my starter ASAP. Not feeling any of them.

When you die you have to do 7 years in purgatory for every time you abonded a starter

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Arrhythmia posted:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It only took 20 years but I haven't been interested in pokemon for a while, that said the grass monkey is the clear winner of the Starter Wars

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like sobble because he reminds me of poliwag and I like that set of pokemon

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought it was kinda weird that all the starters looked so similar but I also haven't played a Pokemon game in 20 years so I don't really know what the starters are supposed to look like.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Worst set of starters of all time IMO.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i'm grookey

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

They're not worse than the black and white starters.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

They're not worse than the black and white starters.

Those are unfairly maligned.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The Milkman posted:

i'm grookey

same

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Grookey is better than all the starters since the fire pig. Stay soyed cucklords.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the blue starter is going to freeze the balls off that grass monkey.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like the SM starters a lot but the evolutions suck

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

the blue starter is going to freeze the balls off that grass monkey.

Yeah maybe when it turns lvl28 and learns Icy Wind doing 13dmg while Grookey Vine Whips a mudhole in his rear end 😂😂😂

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I don't mind them but the names are hilarious.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

watching the direct now. the art style looks a lot better then lets go thankfully, it looks nice! (wish I could say the same for the starters)

i'm team sword.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

EmmyOk posted:

I like the SM starters a lot but the evolutions suck
Will you choose Ireland's pride the Green ape or the shameful foppish West brit lizard?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Might be interesting... HG/SS were the last really good Pokémon games though so my hopes aren’t too high.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
shield cause its the red one, sobble cause hes sad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Might be interesting... HG/SS were the last really good Pokémon games though so my hopes aren’t too high.

I liked Sun and Moon. I didn't play HG/SS though (I skip all the remakes)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i liked sun/moon at the time but playing ultra sun lately is making me like it less. black/white are the best ones

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i thought sun/moon was the best so far and ultra is reaffirming that. hg/ss is epic though but i can't ever go back to no xpshare

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HG is my favorite by a long shot but I skipped gens 3 and 4, have barely made any progress in X, and am holding off on SM until I beat X, so mine may not be an educated opinion.

I am kind of disappointed that your Pokémon won’t follow along behind you, I loved that in HG and hoped that its presence in Let’s Go was a good sign. But I guess this one probably has like 8x as many Pokémon they’d need to animate as either of those.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

OR/AS are good remakes. You can freefly around in the sky on your latias/latios and theres a ton of sidestuff to do

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Honestly the only gen I've played extensively is gen 1 and the GBA remakes. I've been meaning to try HeartGold

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Every pokemon game is the same. Basically madden tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I’ve only played red/blue. Pretty sure it was my first rpg.