Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Clarste posted:

Based on the monkey's name in other languages, it's looking like grookey is supposed to be groove+monkey.

Is there something telling about its hairstyle as well? I feel like that's meant to me something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Reik posted:

In SM the starters got a unique attack for their second type, right?

Primarina didn’t; his signature move is Water.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ufarn posted:

NG+ is where it's at.

Starting an US run now and being able to grab some pokemon I had bred years ago to complement and start my run with AND CRUSH THIS IDIOT RIVAL EVERY TIME is super cool and good. NG+ where you start with your champion lineup and everything scales to it would be amazing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

less laughter posted:

I think it got a Fairy Type Z-Move though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Larryb posted:

I think it got a Fairy Type Z-Move though.

Nope, still Water.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Procrastine posted:

Make ice immune to water

And make it resist dragon.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Looking forward to Poke-Bliztball Soccer

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

El Burbo posted:

I mean the act of throwing yourself on the ground in soccer

Wouldn't that be /dark? Dark is all about using dirty tricks and manipulating and being a jerk.

I doubt they would go fire/dark a second time though.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Big fan of the bunny and the...frog? Wtf is the water

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The evil team in Sword and Shield wants Galar to leave the Pokemon league

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Fancy Hat! posted:

Looking forward to Poke-Bliztball Soccer

Super Lucario Strikers Charged

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

mandatory lesbian posted:

It's a sad lizard.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Regardless, sobble is a qt

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

less laughter posted:

Has anyone ever found a use for Sparkling Aria other than its exclusive Z-Move (but I don't really see much difference between 175 power and 195 to be honest)? It's just Surf with less PP and the ability to heal your opponent's burns, right? Maybe a very limited edge case in double battles to heal your partner's burns, but if they're immune to the move, they aren't healed so...

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Scorbunny is the best and no one will convince me otherwise :colbert:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's straight up a chameleon

it has the tail and front legs of a chameleon and the french name legit has chameleon as part of it

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

KittyEmpress posted:

Wouldn't that be /dark? Dark is all about using dirty tricks and manipulating and being a jerk.

I doubt they would go fire/dark a second time though.

The last three Fire starters completed the Fighting - Psychic - Dark triangle, so now it wraps back around again to Fighting

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The water starter is a chameleon. It used camouflage in the trailer (in that unrealistic "fictional chameleon" way) and has that distinctive curled up tail.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I have no strong feelings about the starters one way or another. They certainly aren't slam dunks like the last two gens but they could still finish strong

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Clarste posted:

The water starter is a chameleon. It used camouflage in the trailer (in that unrealistic "fictional chameleon" way) and has that distinctive curled up tail.

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's straight up a chameleon

it has the tail and front legs of a chameleon and the french name legit has chameleon as part of it

I'm gonna use her (thanks for explanation, haven't seen the trailer yet, WiFi at work is poo poo)

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
I want a regional variant of scraggy with track pants that votes EDL

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think all the starters look extremely similar, in a bad way. Their designs all emphasize a kind of baby-ish roundness that drowns out their distinctiveness. Just compare them to the fake spoilers, for example.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I like the water one, monkey might grow on me, the bandage on the bunny bothers me though.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I said Grass before and I'm sticking to it, monkey all the way baby!

We've totally got enough info for a new thread, so I'll get to making the OP. Feel free to suggest thread titles, but since I'm a bleedin limey guv, I'll expect everyone to take the absolute piss out of these dead gay paedophisles.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I look forward to getting Shield for trade fodder since everyone will be going for Sword.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Monkey is real good, Chameleon is okay but the weird noodle limbs are a bit offputting.

The Rabbit looks like crap though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Zore posted:

Chameleon is okay but the weird noodle limbs are a bit offputting.

how do you expect a chameleon's legs to look

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Zore posted:

Chameleon is okay but the weird noodle limbs are a bit offputting.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I hope the routes actually have lots of trainers with full teams on them this time

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/lunar_pilot/status/1100761005590831104

It's no secret the Pokemon team leads are huge otaku so this isn't surprising at all.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
There's a real chance Sobble ends up as Nessie, considering it's supposed to be shy.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Dehry posted:

It's no secret the Pokemon team leads are huge otaku so this isn't surprising at all.

drat, can't believe they put in a girl with brown hair in a bob cut

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny Joestar posted:

drat, can't believe they put in a girl with brown hair in a bob cut

Trying to turn pokemon into anime is the worst.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Clarste posted:

I think all the starters look extremely similar, in a bad way. Their designs all emphasize a kind of baby-ish roundness that drowns out their distinctiveness. Just compare them to the fake spoilers, for example.

They're first of three forms, it makes sense they'll have a baby aesthetic. They'll almost certainly be much more distinct in evolution.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:|a

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

wrap it up everyone, the girl with short brown hair and brown eyes has already been claimed

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dehry posted:

They do look identical, but on the other hand so do all anime characters so it seems odd to single out this one in particular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
For real though is the legendary gonna just gonna be Aegislash? Do I have to pull a sword from a stone to get crowned champion?

How Irish will the rival be?