Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

ryan reynolds is

Some Horrible Existing IP But You're Going To See This Anyway

Yep. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

ryan reynolds is

I mean everything about detective pikachu points to good unlike say the sonic movie

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cease to Hope posted:

ryan reynolds is

I'm sorry are you calling Pokemon horrible

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

That poor Ludicolo. :(

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Detective Pikachu looks hilarious and I’m also gonna see the Sonic movie because Jim Carrey is Dr. Robotnik and, well, I gotta know

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm sorry are you calling Pokemon horrible

detective pikachu is a bad game, albeit one dressed up by a very good localization team

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Cease to Hope posted:

detective pikachu is a bad game, albeit one dressed up by a very good localization team

It will be amazingly weird and sets new standards of quality.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

new pokemon starters day and cohens testimony is just as hilarious as I expected

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/washingtonpost lol

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

the paradigm shift posted:

new pokemon starters day and cohens testimony is just as hilarious as I expected

Switch only? Looks like my Pokemon days come to an end. :(

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Furnaceface posted:

Switch only? Looks like my Pokemon days come to an end. :(

Bu..but the Switch is the designated platform for the game that was promised. :ohdear:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Our new conservative overlords in Ontario are making sure renter protections are being eliminated at the same time theyre gutting healthcare and rolling back min wage/workers protections. I probably shouldnt be worried about getting a new game (or console) in the first place.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

it's rare that pokemon sticks to a platform for two generations and really only started with the ds

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Yeah I knew it was coming eventually. I just really enjoy the Pokemon games for what they are: simple, easy to pick up/put down, fun, time wasters. Its either I waste 20 minutes of my spare time playing one or I read D&D and one is much worse for my health. :v:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Post your favorite Pokemon.

Mine is Chemtrails.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

That looks more like something out of an SMT game.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
*in clickbait voice* SMT is not only the Dark Souls but also the Pokemon of JRPGs

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrerG8W8HsQ&t=29s

There's also Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children which is basically a cartoon version of Pokemon.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I drive my kids nuts by telling them that the most powerful Pokemon is "Demon Chicken", that he strong against every type of pokemon and weak against no type, and the only move of his anyone knows about is "Infernal bok bok" that kills any enemy instantly. I bring it up at least once a week. They get so furious, it's great.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai-SGWpmCdk

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

MGGA

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
pokéxit

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

exmarx posted:

pokéxit

:golfclap:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
got drunk and watched some of the michael cohen testimony. why is he trying to convince us he's a cool dude? and how does cummings resist the urge to punch jim jordan in the face?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cohen is trying to convince the government to submit to doj a statement that he had shown substantial cooperation, to reduce his 3 year prison sentence, which is so long only because the judge found him to be uncooperative.

the hearing itself though was really funny too, between “mr chairman” repeated 80 times while cummings slams his hammer repeatedly, and him telling the last speaking democrat senator “hold up woman” it was a great insight into world’s first democracy. granted, it’s better organised than uk parliament, but so is my stairwell meeting that is a slow burning mafia game to rat out the gently caress leaving their garbage outside, not inside, the containers

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

also yeah jordan and dawson (i think, the fat guy a few seats left of jordan who had meltdown about race after the last dem spoke) appear to be extremely annoying

meadows is the other guy i meant

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 28, 2019

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i continue to be deeply impressed by aoc. her confident and incisive showing in the middle of a lot of mumbling grandstanding was impressive

also if i'm reading the latest news right, trump is cancelling his summit with north korea early and with no progress to show. utterly unreal, everytime i think i can't be surprised by the depths of this administration's incompetence i am proven wrong

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
(CNN) — First lady of Virginia Pam Northam handed cotton to young African-American children on a tour of the governor's mansion and asked them to imagine being slaves in the fields, the mother of one of the children alleged.

Leah Dozier Walker, a state employee who is the director of the Office of Equity and Community Engagement at the Virginia Department of Education, wrote to Pam Northam's office on Monday alleging that on a tour for state Senate pages, the first lady spoke in the mansion's kitchen cottage -- where slaves used to work -- and gave black pages, including Walker's eighth grade daughter, pieces of cotton. Walker's daughter has said she did not take the cotton.

"During the tour of the Mansion Cottage, (Walker's daughter) and two of her (fellow) pages were asked to hold cotton that the First Lady retrieved from a bowl on a nearby table," Walker wrote in the letter. "Mrs. Northam then asked these three pages (the only African-American pages in the program) if they could imagine what it must have been like to pick cotton all day."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yeah looks like trump said “gently caress it” and is flying back home to damage control cohen testimony

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
#TAAIA

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/kitwolfs/status/1100767082390667264

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
happy birthday to both GamemasterAnthony and Paranoid Randroid

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

luxury handset posted:

happy birthday to both GamemasterAnthony and Paranoid Randroid

what do you mean by both

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

gotta catch 'em all was the british empire's motto. hence the looted artifacts.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
my company keeps teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. i solve the problem by studiously ignoring it

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
A sympathetic audience is everything: it is the difference between experiencing a moment of profound and terrifying conviction of the presence of real diabolical power, and a bunch of drunk frat boys laughing at guys in Halloween costumes and raccoon makeup. We have had to endure fistfights over exactly this kind of difference while on the road during our storied history of touring as a battle-tested and serious black metal band, and we have quite literally bled and suffered for the luxury of taking ourselves seriously when we perform live.

So when I, who have been deactivated from social media for two months, do not book our shows, and do not follow our internet presence, was finally forwarded a flyer for the show, and saw bands from genres that aren’t even metal, and with names like “Neckbeard Deathcamp”, I was livid, and I lobbied to get us off this loving bill. With a name like that there can be little possibility that they are anything other than a joke band with no loyalty to, investment in, or even understanding of black metal as it is defined and practiced by us.

I have no opinion for or against joke bands per se, but, as I have just elaborated, this kind of fast and loose mixing of incompatible subgenres on a lineup is antithetical to creating and sustaining the particular atmosphere we need to pull off a convincing live performance. Few people would try and invite a comedian to do a bunch of toilet jokes as the eulogy at a funeral; to expect us to attempt to ply our solemn craft following a satire band is equally unworkable.

If I had known that the lineup was going to be this across-the-board, let alone with bands from not only incompatible but outright hostile approaches, I would have never wanted to do the show in the first place. It’s nothing personal. We’ve tried it before. It’s not worth it for us. I built a recording studio that was a massive altar dedicated to Satan, not because I’m in it for the laughs but because, whether or not you think I am a fool for doing so, I take our art seriously. Perhaps we are just idiots that any of us believes any of this poo poo, but even if so, we still do not owe one minute of our time lending the legitimacy of this band to a lineup of bands that not only don’t take their own art seriously but make what we do ten times more difficult to pull off convincingly.

After fielding a phone call from our vocalist the next afternoon, he informed me that there was a hurricane of flying gorilla poo poo breaking out on the internet over all this. As a result, I feel the necessity to point you all to the real culprit here. I am your man. If you want someone to hate, blame me. I was the one who most colorfully and vociferously expressed doubts about doing yet another show with a bunch of unsympathetic bands from incompatible genres.

To make matters even more absurd, I have since heard that this band are in fact Antifa trolls. I can’t speak to that rumor because I don’t know. What I do know is, whether they have a partisan agenda underlying their trolling or not, I was just not interested in flying halfway across the country, donning full ritual garb, lighting candles and incense and then attempting to convince an audience of strangers of the palpable presence of a terrifying spirit of cosmic evil indwelling the world, after waiting for the the fake-black-metal scene’s equivalent of Weird Al Yankovic to clear their rubber chickens off the stage.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich