Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

sneakyfrog posted:

:allears:

he is responding to criticism well in the interior thread

If it's like when he was planning, he'll try to roll with the punches for a while then meltdown about :females:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
someone post the pantydropper in ladychat for proper feedback from its intended audience holy gently caress

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's worse.

It's his twitter profile pic.

That explains his Guy Fiery of a bathroom, to be honest.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's worse.

This rabbit hole of awfulness just doesn't end. It's glorious.:allears:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

is putting a little rock garden kinda thing around the tub a good idea? idk poo poo about interior decorating but I could imagine there being a reason for that. like maybe the rock pool filters spills into a grey water system - you could probably get points for LEED certification and poo poo

so anyway what's the story behind the rocks, y'all mentioned he had to get a real designer for the tub so I'm thinking it might have a real designer purpose

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

oystertoadfish posted:

is putting a little rock garden kinda thing around the tub a good idea? idk poo poo about interior decorating but I could imagine there being a reason for that. like maybe the rock pool filters spills into a grey water system - you could probably get points for LEED certification and poo poo

so anyway what's the story behind the rocks, y'all mentioned he had to get a real designer for the tub so I'm thinking it might have a real designer purpose

He's building up a collection of exotic molds and fungi

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
if you like cleaning mold off rocks.

he had to get a designer because he sawed out half the structural floor joists to uh "sink" the tub im not sure he was going for eco certification, more like roosh certification

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
the original thread fyi

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Snow Cone Capone posted:

He's building up a collection of exotic molds and fungi

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's worse.

Did he have a print made of his Twitter profile picture and hung it up in the bathroom?

Is that what is happening here?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
apparently a goon made it for him?

i really dont know anything anymore its been a wacky day

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

yeah I was being nice about the rocks, i don't really get it and I'm flailing for answers. flailing I say

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I kind of like the painting as a joke twitter profile thing but it existing in meatspace is a very different story.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That is the ugliest room I have ever seen.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That is the ugliest room I have ever seen.
It's textbook bad design, it's amazing. The kind of thing you learn in interior design school.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm wondering how to reconcile that wallpaper. Maybe confine it to the shitter room and have something semi-geometric in its place?

Hell, maybe just smaller fleur d'lys pattern?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FilthyImp posted:

I'm wondering how to reconcile that wallpaper. Maybe confine it to the shitter room and have something semi-geometric in its place?

Hell, maybe just smaller fleur d'lys pattern?

it's GLITTER wallpaper.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

it's GLITTER wallpaper.

Maybe that's why no toilet.

One room for glitter one room for shitter.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I actually think using the shower and tub and stuff would be fine, my favorite part is I work with a guy who has 13 paintings (prints, but still, they're rare) by the artist that did the really colorful painting and they're all amazing. I'm annoyed that it doesn't look out of place, though.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

JFC even a blind person would find that bathroom gaudy.

Another successful Goon Project?

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
There are just so many textures, my eyes are in hell. I still can't believe someone would put wallpaper in the most humid room in the house. Even if it doesn't peel, I'd be concerned about mold possibly growing behind it (source: I know a couple that removed wallpaper from the bathroom that had been there since previous owners and found a few thankfully small and easily dealt with patches of mold).

Not nearly enough of that room is an easily cleaned surface. The fur rug is such a gross idea, and the dangly bits on that chandelier are just gonna collect so much humidity dust, what a pain to clean every part of that bathroom would be.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Brute Squad posted:

The bathroom is finished.

where are the females

dee eight posted:

All sagas come to end. This is an ending.

or is it?

Nothing ends, dee eight. Nothing ever ends.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

but seriously, bathroom looks like it was upholstered with leftover seat covers from the '74 Cordoba

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I'm gonna just openly beg for the story behind the loving rock pile under the tub. do real people bathrooms have rocks around the tub? how deep do the rocks go? is it really just a matter of this guy spilling water into a gravel matrix inhabited by an entire ecosystem and figuring it's not a problem if he doesn't have to towel it up?

I assume he wouldn't even use the stupid tub with his shower tho

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's textbook bad design, it's amazing. The kind of thing you learn in interior design school.

Those pictures look like they'd be from a mid term test where you have to clearly explain every single thing wrong with it in at least 5000 words.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
wrong kind of bathroom lmbo

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

I'm gonna just openly beg for the story behind the loving rock pile under the tub. do real people bathrooms have rocks around the tub? how deep do the rocks go? is it really just a matter of this guy spilling water into a gravel matrix inhabited by an entire ecosystem and figuring it's not a problem if he doesn't have to towel it up?

I assume he wouldn't even use the stupid tub with his shower tho

i was just gonna say something about the drat rock pile. bath looks uncomforatble enough, but then you have to get out and either a) step over the rocks and possibly slip or b) put one foot on rocks and walk out. i personally don't like standing on rocks

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

where are the females

They're loving

off to someone else's house who doesn't have such a tragic bathroom.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Someone post his bedroom he designed. Because it looks like a two star hotel that's trying to be fancy.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

Someone post his bedroom he designed. Because it looks like a two star hotel that's trying to be fancy.

is that where everything is hanging off the wall and he had to do some incredibly pointlessly dangerous electrical work for basically no reason

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

From what I remember, yeah. And it had lights basically hanging from everywhere.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

exploded mummy posted:

too late he has a picture of his bedroom

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
He really is living in a hotel that has had a recent makeover to look 'trendy'

Bluh
Dec 28, 2012

Last Chance posted:

i was just gonna say something about the drat rock pile. bath looks uncomforatble enough, but then you have to get out and either a) step over the rocks and possibly slip or b) put one foot on rocks and walk out. i personally don't like standing on rocks

Love the blood aesthetic

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

He's having a full-on meltdown and trying to gotcha people's totally normal bathrooms now.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I still can't get over the fact that it's not a render, but something that exists in our reality. My brain refuses to process it properly. Parts of those photos look like something from Skyrim with bloom turned way-way up. Can this still be fake, and just slightly touched-up to give a semblance of believability?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

a bathroom so ugly I wouldn't do blow in it and a bedroom so ugly I wouldn't get railed in it.

I wonder how many :females: come over and immediately do the "oh my phone is ringing oh it's an emergency uh bye" maneuver.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

the escape goat posted:

a bathroom so ugly I wouldn't do blow in it and a bedroom so ugly I wouldn't get railed in it.

I wonder how many :females: come over and immediately do the "oh my phone is ringing oh it's an emergency uh bye" maneuver.

You act like that man would have conscious women in his house.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

the escape goat posted:

lol, come over. Good one OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I still can't get over the single tiny bathmat you have to move whenever you use the tub, because apparently he couldn't find a plain red shag bathmat that was any bigger or, God forbid, put down two, since it would obviously ruin the whole aesthetic?