Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
All in all, this is a win-win-win for everyone. The Nazis get to feel smug as young men who don't want to shoot at Russkies are locked away. JayDubyas get to experience sweet martyrdom in Finnish gulag. And non-JW conscientous objectors get a visibility boost around the world as the international JW movement starts painting Finland as another East European tyranny that oppress religious minorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Congrats to Ligur on becoming Pawe's STAR CANDIDATE.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
uhrataan jehovan todistajat ukko ylijumalalle niin sitten niistä saa jotain hyötyä

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Is it true you can get out of doing asepalvelus if you tell them you're gay?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Sharpest Crayon posted:

No, they'll just send you to officer training.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Sharpest Crayon posted:

If it impedes service, yes. They have a code for it that they mark you with and everything.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
miksi hihhuleilla tulisi olla eri lait?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Outright admitting you're gay ruins the subtle homoerotic tension of a bunch of young men living together with no women in sight.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
My friend was disqualified from armed service because the guy at kutsunnot recognised him from the local kesäteatteri

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/niinisto/status/1100798885642018816

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

No, they'll just send you to officer training.

bloom posted:

Outright admitting you're gay ruins the subtle homoerotic tension of a bunch of young men living together with no women in sight.

Forktoss posted:

My friend was disqualified from armed service because the guy at kutsunnot recognised him from the local kesäteatteri

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Niini Stöö on taas kuoseissa

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
The jw thing is even more stupid when you consider that the military already gets way more conscripts than it needs. When I was in Lapinjärvi they told us that intti kicks out the worst 25% of the people they get and the civil service has to do the same thing. This basically means you get sent home if you're not motivated enough.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Havana Affair posted:

The jw thing is even more stupid when you consider that the military already gets way more conscripts than it needs. When I was in Lapinjärvi they told us that intti kicks out the worst 25% of the people they get and the civil service has to do the same thing. This basically means you get sent home if you're not motivated enough.

kyse ei ole siitä tarvitseeko firma lisää eläimiin ja lapsiin sekaantuvia kepulaisia, vaan siitä että lakien on oltava kaikille samat

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009

Hogge Wild posted:

kyse ei ole siitä tarvitseeko firma lisää eläimiin ja lapsiin sekaantuvia kepulaisia, vaan siitä että lakien on oltava kaikille samat

They could you know also extend the exemption to other groups conciously objecting to military service which already happened in practice. This also would've made the law same for everyone. Doing this the hard way is gonna waste everyone's time who's involved.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Instead of exploiting a loophole in the law the correct course is to move towards an entirely voluntary service

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Darkest Auer posted:

Instead of exploiting a loophole in the law the correct course is to move towards an entirely voluntary service

You talk too much sense. :frogout:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Darkest Auer posted:

ei toimi

vapaaehtoisia ei riitä joka hommaan

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

C-mies and extremely happy about it

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Onko tässä Sinisten uusi selviytymistaktiikka? Paavo varmastikin potkii itseään reiteen parhaillaan.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Darkest Auer posted:

this is extremely unrealistic loving idiotic in 2019 and you know it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Isn't Sweden bringing back conscription because they realized they don't have enough poor fascists for a professional army?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

they don't have enough poor fascists to act as a buffer between them and Russia

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

Isn't Sweden bringing back conscription because they realized they don't have enough poor fascists for a professional army?

joo

Nenonen posted:

they don't have enough poor fascists to act as a buffer between them and Russia

onhan niillä

sulje näyttösi

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Are we... the bad guys? :gonk:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Pls don't doxx me or my friend Mutakuono

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I got type 1 diabetes AFTER going through forest torture. So personally I believe the military should be violently dismantled.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

I got type 1 diabetes AFTER going through forest torture. So personally I believe the military should be violently dismantled.

I laugh at ur wamm.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
vaihteeksi yle raportoi tärkeistä asioista

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

quote:

Mutta kuinka helppoa sulanut olut on tunnistaa? Sen selvittämiseksi piti järjestää sokkotesti.

Niin minäkin sitä selitin pomolle kun perjantaina lounas vähän "venähti".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Niin minäkin sitä selitin pomolle kun perjantaina lounas vähän "venähti".

What's to explain? Just tell them you had to do a massive poo.

Jyppe
Jun 13, 2007
For the Fireman!

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's to explain? Just tell them you had to do a massive poo.

meil on ne isyyslomat sitä varten

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mites muuten, jos säästettäis muutama kymmenen miljardia uusista hävittäjistä ihan vaan kaivamalla ventti-bisset naftaliinista?

https://www.is.fi/ulkomaat/art-2000006019965.html

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Kaikki muu on turhaa paitsi hernekeiton heittäminen puskaan kun joku helvetin tärkeä äijä huutaa "viheltää"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Darkest Auer posted:

Kaikki muu on turhaa paitsi hernekeiton heittäminen puskaan kun joku helvetin tärkeä äijä huutaa "viheltää"

Mitä jos on merivoimissa?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
En nyt halua keskittyä sen enempää inttitsättiin, mutta kyllä kai se on kaikille selvää, että kaikki tarpeellinen intissä voidaan opettaa parissa viikossa tyhmimmällekin tykärille kunhan vaan se turha odottelu karsittaisiin pois. Ja yllättäen niitä vapaaehtoisia löytyisi enemmän kuin tarpeeksi jos siellä laitoksessa tehtäisiin muutakin kuin luhan kaivamista täyspakkauksesta.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Nenonen posted:

Silloin pitää osata suomeksi, ruotsiksi ja viroksi "onko henkkareita?"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Then they're both euphemisms.