Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

He rambled a little but overall I thought that was good. He was basically saying, stop worrying about Cohen specifically and start thinking about the big picture. gently caress this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

I would like this tweet stricken from the record.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Putting up with 60 years of baltimore and dc will do that to you, it's gotta rank up there with a two pack a day habit.

Yeah I was going to say Baltimore seems like a place that would age you prematurely, to say nothing of having to be in Congress.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CuddleCryptid posted:

Im back a bit but Tlaib re-reading her accusation back word for word is one hell of a power move.

If Dems had backbones like this.the last 20 years, we wouldn't be in the spot we are in now, goddamn

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/timkmak/status/1100884004969086977

not joseph stalin
Dec 30, 2008
I was worried there wouldn't be a happy ending to cummings ejaculation. He was just all over the place. Thankfully, he finished strong with a few good money shot quotes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

they probaly asked more explicit stuff and there was probably less grandstanding since it was private.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/axios/status/1100880902039715840

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Besesoth posted:

Cohen saying out loud that Trump won't acknowledge the result of a 2020 election he loses. :wow:

Cabbit posted:

Yeah that stopped me cold in the middle of my noodles. Goddamn.

It makes me loving weird for thinking of this, but in a sick way I kind of want to see what happens if Trump refuses to concede the election and outright refuses to peacefully yield the office. What would happen? Something stupid and funny, like Trump being dragged out by the secret service on his rear end, or scary like a literal split of the government and an ensuing civil war?

It’s just so bizarre a concept to think of as our entire government is based on the peaceful transition of power and I think a despot who refuses to yield could either utterly break the system or just end up holding themselves up in a closet a-la Assange.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Having time to think on it I think Cummings' response at the end to Jordan's bullshit was perfect. Jordan and Meadows whined and complained that the Committee was wasting time not focusing on important things, and Cummings fires back with "here's what we actually did before this, Healthcare and Voting Rights, which you ghouls couldn't be bothered to care about or remember because you don't actually care about "important things" ". I'm obviously attaching subtext to it but I think that was the intent. The Committee has done other things before this hearing. Important things for the American people, and those loving whiners couldn't be bothered to recall that because they wanted to talk down to the new Chairman.

Ripoff posted:

It makes me loving weird for thinking of this, but in a sick way I kind of want to see what happens if Trump refuses to concede the election and outright refuses to peacefully yield the office. What would happen? Something stupid and funny, like Trump being dragged out by the secret service on his rear end, or scary like a literal split of the government and an ensuing civil war?

It’s just so bizarre a concept to think of as our entire government is based on the peaceful transition of power and I think a despot who refuses to yield could either utterly break the system or just end up holding themselves up in a closet a-la Assange.

I still maintain that Trump will either give up after like 5 mintues of declaring he won't leave, or the Secret Service will just hurl him out like Uncle Phil ejecting DJ Jazzy Jeff since they don't work for him anymore.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 27, 2019

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

It's so loving insane that this even needs to be said, but I'm glad we finally have people willing to call it out

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Ripoff posted:

Arrested for trespassing on January 20th when he refuses to leave the WH

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

https://twitter.com/AllieGoertz/status/1100879320799563776

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ripoff posted:

We have seen Trump repeatedly having absolutely no spine so I wouldn't worry about that. Once someone told him "no, you aren't the president, get the gently caress out" he would slink away like he always does.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

To sum up Cummings' last remarks: veni veni veni.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ripoff posted:

There is no one--NO ONE--around Trump who would be willing to barricade themselves in the White House and refuse to surrender power to a new President, other than Trump himself.

This story doesn't end with civil war, it ends with Donald Trump being forcibly ejected from the White House by the Capitol Police, because the Secret Service will stand down and go protect the President-elect. There is no reason whatsoever to believe that they would not do their jobs responsibly.

CuddleCryptid posted:

We have seen Trump repeatedly having absolutely no spine so I wouldn't worry about that. Once someone told him "no, you aren't the president, get the gently caress out" he would slink away like he always does.

As has been repeatedly stated every time someone comes in here with this bizarre apocalyptic fanfiction, Donald Trump has utterly failed to garner the loyalty of the organizations he'd need to defy the Constitution and the results of a Presidential election. The intelligence community thinks he's a buffoon, the commanders don't like or respect him, and even his Cabinet thinks he's a moron but they keep their mouths shut as long as he's President. The moment he loses a Presidential election, the knives will come out and find their way into Trump's back.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 27, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ripoff posted:

probably a giant court shitshow.

Something Offal
Jan 12, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Ho boy this needs more traction. Is saying 'nothing matters' still probatable?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
One of the things you can see in how Cohen handled all this is that he was on the receiving end of a ton of actual best practices interrogation which seeks to affirm the humanity and family and community connections of an individual. Like they obviously figured out that this guy values friends and family and conceives of himself as a mostly good guy (albeit entangled in a ton of poo poo and predatory motherfuckers) and went to work re-enforcing that and questioning how that's compatible with his actions of the last decade.

It obviously was immensely effective and you can completely see why just breaking a dude with a bunch of torture into a bitter non-cooperative husk is a lot more desirable if the goal is to effectively cover up crimes.

E: also I have to give Cohen some respect for doing a bunch of poo poo that must not have been easy and I don't doubt that he genuinely fears for his own and his family's safety.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

There is no one--NO ONE--around Trump who would be willing to barricade themselves in the White House and refuse to surrender power to a new President, other than Trump himself.

This story doesn't end with civil war, it ends with Donald Trump being forcibly ejected from the White House by the Capitol Police, because the Secret Service will stand down and go protect the President-elect.

I'm torn on whether the trump kids would go in for it or finally just admit that they hate their dad and walk away.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Party Plane Jones posted:

yeah the continual cohen camera is a bit awkward to watch

*adds to folder*

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

One of the things you can see in how Cohen handled all this is that he was on the receiving end of a ton of actual best practices interrogation which seeks to affirm the humanity and family and community connections of an individual. Like they obviously figured out that this guy values friends and family and conceives of himself as a mostly good guy (albeit entangled in a ton of poo poo and predatory motherfuckers) and went to work re-enforcing that and questioning how that's compatible with his actions of the last decade.

It obviously was immensely effective and you can completely see why just breaking a dude with a bunch of torture into a bitter non-cooperative husk is a lot more desirable if the goal is to effectively cover up crimes.

E: also I have to give Cohen some respect for doing a bunch of poo poo that must not have been easy and I don't doubt that he genuinely fears for his own and his family's safety.

this is a great take on interrogation and whatnot

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The big surprise of the day for me was finding out it was Don Jr that introduced Trump to Cohen. Dude is the platonic ideal of a failson.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

I really enjoyed his unsparing insight into what it was like working for Trump, but it was always tempered with the reminder that he is a pretty effective lawyer.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
some of my best non cis white male friends are props

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/AllieGoertz/status/1100879320799563776?s=19

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Holy gently caress started my drive home to Meadows melting down because Ayanna called him Racist That was outstanding

Edit: messed up which rep called him on it.

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 28, 2019

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

He also said Cummings was his best friend.

He literally said he isn't racist because he has black friends.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Spiffster posted:

Holy gently caress started my drive home to Meadows melting down because Tlaib called him Racist That was outstanding

https://mobile.twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1100886393964978176

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm torn on whether the trump kids would go in for it or finally just admit that they hate their dad and walk away.

I doubt their feelings are that simple. If you beat a dog, but feed it and pet it sometimes it'll love/hate you, and I rather imagine that's what the Trump kids feel. Plus if they in any way walk away I'm sure he'll instantly disinherit them, because loyalty is a one-way street, obviously.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

It's not racist if you don't say the n-word.

This is something conservatives legitimately believe.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Ok where is a good link to stream the whole glorious thing

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ChrisMegerian/status/1100885684540370944

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/387515410

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CmdrRiker posted:

To sum up Cummings' last remarks: veni veni veni.

:ocelot:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://youtu.be/v0e62bOKm8o

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Faustian Bargain posted:

It's not racist if you don't say the n-word.

This is something conservatives legitimately believe.

There's also the corollary "it's not racist if you don't say the n-word to or in the presence of a black person", probably as part of the "well they can say it why can't i?" complaint.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

It's not up just yet, but the Oversight Committee has a youtube channel that should have it in full shortly. So far they only have the opening statements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Yk4WK4vjA

Edit: Broken link. Also beaten.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Twitch is going to have the best video of it. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/387515410

Yep its already up, uncut, and can be tracked through

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

This hearing was worth it for Meadows complete and utter breakdown.

What a loving bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

This hearing was worth it for Meadows complete and utter breakdown.

What a loving bitch.

Full reactor meltdown, Chernobyl style. That was hilarious.