Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
I think anybody who doesn't realize this is a net gain for Modi's political situation is an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Typo posted:

I think anybody who doesn't realize this is a net gain for Modi's political situation is an idiot

yeah this is 1000% going to help him in the elections unless like, pakistan invades and decimates the indian army or something lol (in which case it'd go nuclear anyways)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/iRohanSachdeva/status/1100806995072962560

:thunk:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

:allbuttons:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

the axes of the fasces I gotta admit is a very catchy name

jai hind

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah this is 1000% going to help him in the elections unless like, pakistan invades and decimates the indian army or something lol (in which case it'd go nuclear anyways)

Isn't the whole problem that there's a positive political incentive to escalate right up to the point of nuclear annihilation, and exactly what escalation might set off a runaway reaction to that is unclear?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
My sister bought me a ring of the black sun for Christmas not realizing lol. They really ruined a lot of fantastic symbols

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dolash posted:

Isn't the whole problem that there's a positive political incentive to escalate right up to the point of nuclear annihilation, and exactly what escalation might set off a runaway reaction to that is unclear?

yes

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Dolash posted:

There's inherently like 1% or something that this goes nuclear but at some point there's some face saving agreement in which both sides declares victory

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

the rear end of the feaces

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

looking at that fascist guys account and lol theres some white hindu guy named Dr David Frawley advocating for india to destroy pakistan

https://twitter.com/davidfrawleyved/status/1096599246977916933

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Typo posted:

There's inherently like 1% or something that this goes nuclear [...]

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Typo posted:

There's inherently like 1% or something that this goes nuclear but at some point there's some face saving agreement in which both sides declares victory

That's the hope, obviously, though usually there's some factors at play to help make that agreement happen, right? Like the U.S. getting involved diplomatically in 1999? Doesn't sound like much external mediation's going on this time.

Also our luck lately with one-in-a-hundred odds hasn't been great.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dolash posted:

That's the hope, obviously, though usually there's some factors at play to help make that agreement happen, right? Like the U.S. getting involved diplomatically in 1999? Doesn't sound like much external mediation's going on this time.

China and the EU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

What if modi tries to look cool by telling china to gently caress off

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ah, the original that everyone keeps hearing about

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Dolash posted:

China is getting involved, or will get involved very soon. They're historically pretty close to Pakistan but Xi has been buttering up India because he knows how much of a blow it would be for the us if they start dealing with China more

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Stairmaster posted:

jai hind

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Stairmaster posted:

Oh bother, Xi said winnily, as he sends the People's Army to Kolkata

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Lawman 0 posted:

China and the EU
russia's been putting in work somehow being friends with turkey israel iran and syria all at once, im sure they could handle this

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Typo posted:

its not a net gain if the pakistanis shoot down indian jets and the supposed multiple hundred figure kill count turns out to be total bullshit

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
A trump tweet to save the world is coming after he's done with Kim. He'll claim credit for deescalating the situation and demand a Nobel peace prize.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

cargo cult posted:

its not a net gain if the pakistanis shoot down indian jets and the supposed multiple hundred figure kill count turns out to be total bullshit

it doesn't matter, the truth w/e it is won't be established for months at least and by that point the narrative is that India won in India and Pakistan won in Pakistan. And the nationalists on both sides will just call w/e source that says their side didn't win fake news puppets of USA/Pakistan/India/Mossad/Zionists/China

the only way Modi loses is if there's a horribly embarrassing defeat and given how small/low-scale the fighting it is it's basically impossible

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

cargo cult posted:

Who are the hindichuds gonna believe, The Troops or some ~special un report~?

So long as modis base is pumped up its a win and the only way they won't get pumped up is if they're bathed in atomic fire.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

cargo cult posted:

We'll probably never get accurate figures until after it's no longer politically relevant (maybe never if it goes nuclear)

As an aside I wonder how many Indian nukes are aimed at terrorist training camps

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
what I'm saying is that jai hind

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/StratSentinel/status/1100888857757782016?s=19

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
viva mehiko

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

jai hind

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
they need to nuke each other so my thread title wasn't a lie

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
I think SA should definitely organize the "Jawaharlal Nehru" internationalist battalion and deploy it on twitter to fight the cyberwars

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Jose posted:

they need to nuke each other so my thread title wasn't a lie

I'm headed to Kashmir to assassinate generals on both sides

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

does this count as stealing valor

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

I'm headed to Kashmir to assassinate generals on both sides

The caro saga but it leads to him establishing mother base in the Himalayas

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Very yes

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
yes

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i'm more Pakistan Zindabad because Sindhi biryani is tasty, plus I always liked Wasim Akram/Waqar Younis/Shoaib Akhtar more than boring ol Sachin Tendulkar

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying I want in

RaffyTaffy
Oct 15, 2008
lol
"US Navy Seals Killed Bin Laden In Pak. Why Can't India?": Arun Jaitley
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/us-navy-seals-killed-bin-laden-in-pakistans-abbottabad-why-cant-india-says-arun-jaitley-2000102

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

does this count as stealing valor
lmfao my moms friends kid posted this on facebook and i wanted to light them up for it but i didnt