Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

E: Also ORANGE JUCHE, bonus points if you didn't know Principal Rooneyl's actor is a pederast IRL

I'd believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Fox News is gonna be nonstop the clip of audience relatable not-racist white boomer Meadows crying from right now until they get 4K footage of radioactive muslim ash on friday afternoon.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Bolow posted:

Man Meadow's sure got upset at being called racist, he obviously must not be rac-

https://twitter.com/stevemorris__/status/1100881913756176386

ist

But I know a black person! Look she's right here ..and she is dissapoint at you Mr. Cohen

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

Last I heard Fox was playing up the "this guys a liar he lies how can we believe anything he says" angle.

The only thing sadder than the "this guy is a liar, he lied about how Trump wasn't a crook!" thing is that it'll work.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Again: They're so desperate they're citing mortal enemies Huffington Post and Mother Jones Magazine as evidence of Cohen's non-credibility

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Reign Of Pain posted:

But I know a black person! Look she's right here ..and she is dissapoint at you Mr. Cohen

Is she there with Meadows? It looks like she's standing closer to Turtle Jr.

E: Screen of the day IMO

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 27, 2019

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

The pee tape is stored in the balls.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

As a man who loving loves beef, why the gently caress would you want to do this? What kind of hosed up lunatic wouldn't want carbs or vegetables or whatever? That poo poo tastes good and is enjoyable to eat. This is like what an extremely stupid child would think up after being forced to eat steamed broccoli.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

my kinda ape posted:

extremely stupid child

It's Jordan Peterson

E: also I'm browsing SA with AVs on for the first time in two years and I can finally tell all of you apart

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Look at my hot farty daughter

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Fallom posted:

Farts smelling like old pepperoni

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Fallom posted:

Not to sound too much like an internet Male, but the first adjective does not appear to be accurate.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I love that they both have stories of adding one other item into their diet once and their body subsequently falling the gently caress apart. For her it was black pepper. Had a relapse of her arthritis and other poo poo, and for him it was an apple (I think? I can't be assed to go reread that idiocy), and he then "lived with a sense of impending doom and terror for a month and didn't sleep at all for 25 days".

I hope they both get mad cow.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I hope they both get mad cow.

I'm officially banned from donating blood because of this.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, time to get Cohen off the front pages, here comes President Deals.

https://twitter.com/MikeDelMoro/status/1100894702524612608?s=19

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

The Iron Rose posted:

It's Jordan Peterson

E: also I'm browsing SA with AVs on for the first time in two years and I can finally tell all of you apart

No you can't

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

Hahahahaha

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

fart of the deal

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah, sure, gently caress it, what could go wrong with that?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CHARGE YOUR PHONE

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

facialimpediment posted:

Man, I really wanted to go back to S Korea as a civilian. Well, I guess I could still go and live out my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. daydreams.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I like how she dropped scurvy in there and isn't smiling in her picture to show off her sweet totally there teeth (because they fell out (from the scurvy (which ate her teeth))).

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

BUG JUG posted:

I like how she dropped scurvy in there and isn't smiling in her picture to show off her sweet totally there teeth (because they fell out (from the scurvy (which ate her teeth))).

Yeah, all those sailors just didn't have the conviction and belief in their diet to not get scurvy.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Fallom posted:

They must be destroying some plumbing or their O ring.

I went pretty red meat heavy in Brasil for a few years and yikes.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BUG JUG posted:

:vince:

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..

A Bad Poster posted:

Yeah, all those sailors just didn't have the conviction and belief in their diet to not get scurvy.

I think fresh meat can usually prevent scurvy. The first expedition to reach the South Pole (Amundsen) took a ton of extra sled dogs to eat and prevent scurvy. The brits at about the same time tried lime juice and died in Antarctica somewhere.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

So yeah they either are lying and taking Vitamin C supplements or are eating the meat raw.

(Raw meat from fish, and non primate meat has vitamin C, so eating raw beef or something would provide some vitamin C, not nearly as much as an orange though)

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 28, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

orange juche posted:

So yeah they either are lying and taking Vitamin C supplements or are eating the meat raw.

It doesn't have to be raw. Just reasonably fresh.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It doesn't have to be raw. Just reasonably fresh.

I thought the cooking process denatured it? I dunno I've never tried to survive off of the "Carnivore Diet" before.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

orange juche posted:

I thought the cooking process denatured it? I dunno I've never tried to survive off of the "Carnivore Diet" before.

It depends on how it's cooked. A brief Google search tells me that it's water soluble, so don't boil your meat, but what vitamin C there is in meat isn't destroyed in the cooking process.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Where did eskimo's get oranges before walmart?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Reign Of Pain posted:

Where did eskimo's get oranges before walmart?

They didn't. Seal blubber and whale meat are both good sources of vitamin C.

They probably also got some from berries and stuff during the short summer but eating a fish and seal diet would be more than enough.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 28, 2019

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

facialimpediment posted:

loving :lol:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

orange juche posted:

They probably also got some from berries and stuff during the short summer but eating a fish and seal diet would be more than enough.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akutaq

Frequently made with seal or whale blubber. It’s not actually ice cream... but the blubber makes it creamy.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

The Iron Rose posted:

It's Jordan Peterson

Lies!!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Inuit eat raw fish, a lot, so they get vitamin C from there.

Most of them also don’t like being called Eskimos.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

orange juche posted:

Where they get their truffled foie gras and mid rare A5 wagyu?

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

windshipper posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akutaq

Frequently made with seal or whale blubber. It’s not actually ice cream... but the blubber makes it creamy.

I lived in a Yupik village for a couple years as a kid, in my experience its pretty much always Crisco and sugar and berries. I can't even imagine how awful seal fat akutaq would be; I was only around for one seal catch because we were pretty far from the coast but I can still almost taste how bad it smelled 20 years later. Those blueberries are amazing though out on the tundra.

e: We had canned tangerines like every other day in school lunches, that's probably the only reason I didn't get scurvy.

pygmy tyrant fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
And back to Virginia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...m=.8a942b515af4

quote:

A Virginia state employee has complained that her eighth-grade daughter was upset during a tour of the historic governor’s residence when first lady Pam Northam handed raw cotton to her and another African American child and asked them to imagine being enslaved and having to pick the crop.

“The Governor and Mrs. Northam have asked the residents of the Commonwealth to forgive them for their racially insensitive past actions,” Leah Dozier Walker, who oversees the Office of Equity and Community Engagement at the state Education Department, wrote Feb. 25 to lawmakers and the office of Gov. Ralph Northam (D).

“But the actions of Mrs. Northam, just last week, do not lead me to believe that this Governor’s office has taken seriously the harm and hurt they have caused African Americans in Virginia or that they are deserving of our forgiveness,” she wrote.

Northam’s office and one other parent of a child who was present said the first lady did not single out the African American students and simply handed out the cotton to a group. But the incident highlights the scrutiny and doubt that envelop the governor as he tries to push past racist incidents from his past and ignore continued calls for his resignation. His first attempt at a “reconciliation tour” failed last week when the student government at Virginia Union University asked him not to attend a civil rights commemoration there.

And though Northam has vowed to dedicate the remaining three years of his term to racial equity, members of the Virginia Legislative Black Caucus say he is not doing enough to help disadvantaged minorities in the state budget.

Northam has been under fire since Feb. 1, when a photo came to light from his 1984 medical school yearbook page that depicted one person in blackface and another in Ku Klux Klan robes. Northam initially took responsibility for the picture; a day later he said he wasn’t in the photo but admitted that he darkened his face to imitate Michael Jackson in a dance contest later that same year.

All of the state’s top Democrats — including the Virginia Legislative Black Caucus — have called on Northam to step down. Pressure to leave has eased a bit because Virginia’s other two top leaders became embroiled in controversies of their own shortly after Northam’s scandal broke. Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax has denied allegations of sexual assault from two women, and Attorney General Mark R. Herring admitted to wearing blackface for a college party in 1980.

The complaint about the tour is the first time the scandal’s stain has spread to Pam Northam, who insiders say has been a strong advocate behind the scenes for her husband to stay in office and work to clear his name.

“I regret that I have upset anyone,” Pam Northam said Wednesday in a statement emailed by the governor’s spokeswoman, Ofirah Yheskel.

The tour took place Feb. 21, when the Northams hosted a traditional gathering of about 100 young people who had served as pages during the state Senate session, which was wrapping up that weekend.

Trained docents often lead tours of the Executive Mansion, which was built with slave labor in 1813 and is the oldest active governor’s residence in the country. In this case, Pam Northam — a former middle school teacher — took groups of pages to an adjacent cottage that had long ago served as a kitchen.

Before a huge fireplace with iron cooking implements, Pam Northam held up samples of cotton and tobacco to a group of about 20 children and described the enslaved workers who picked it.

“Mrs. Northam then asked these three pages (the only African American pages in the program) if they could imagine what it must have been like to pick cotton all day,” Walker wrote. “I can not for the life of me understand why the first lady would single out the African American pages for this — or — why she would ask them such an insensitive question.”

The governor’s office, which did not make Pam Northam available for an interview, said she simply handed the cotton to whoever was nearby and wanted everyone to note the sharpness of the stems and leaves on the raw cotton, to imagine how uncomfortable it would’ve been to handle all day.

Walker could not immediately be reached for comment. In a letter written by Walker’s daughter to Pam Northam, which was included as an attachment to the email to lawmakers, the young girl said she did not take the cotton, but her friend did. “It made her very uncomfortable,” the girl wrote.

“I will give you the benefit of the doubt, because you gave it to some other pages,” the girl wrote to Pam Northam. “But you followed this up by asking: ‘Can you imagine being an enslaved person, and having to pick this all day?’, which didn’t help the damage you had done.”

Senate Clerk Susan Clarke Schaar said “we received no complaints” after the mansion visit. She said the only thing the pages were buzzing about afterward was the fact that one of the pages was dehydrated and fainted during the tour of the kitchen.

Sen. William M. Stanley Jr. (R-Franklin), whose daughter served as a page this session, was among the group that the first lady took to the kitchen. Stanley declined to make his daughter available for an interview, but said she told him that Pam Northam handed the cotton around to all of the students.

“The first lady’s intent was to show the horrors of slavery and to make sure everyone felt the pain they felt in some small measure,” he said. Two days later, Stanley’s wife got the same tour from Pam Northam and found it “poignant,” he said.

Del. Marcia S. “Cia” Price (D-Newport News), a member of the Black Caucus, praised the student “for her courage in speaking out when a lot of times African Americans have not always had the opportunity to confront offenses in this way.”

She said Pam Northam used poor judgment in her presentation to the children.

“The cotton itself is a symbol of murder, rape, displacement and the radiating effects of the transatlantic slave trade that black Virginians are still experiencing today,” Price said. “I don’t know that you have to have actual cotton handed to the children to understand slavery was bad.”

Former governor Terry McAuliffe (D) and his wife, Dorothy, had begun restoring the kitchen building as a way to highlight the service of generations of enslaved workers whose names were mostly lost to history. The McAuliffes had passages from letters written by some of those enslaved workers engraved on tablets and mounted on the garden wall outside.

Northam’s office said the first lady has met with experts at Monticello to learn about how to present the history of enslaved workers. At a luncheon for state legislators’ spouses a week ago, Pam Northam invited a speaker from Monticello to deliver a program titled “How Oral History Gave Voice to Monticello’s Enslaved Community.”

In her statement, Pam Northam said she will continue working to “thoughtfully and honestly” tell the story of the mansion’s enslaved workers. “I am still committed to chronicling the important history of the Historic Kitchen, and will continue to engage historians and experts on the best way to do so in the future,” she said.