Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Verviticus posted:

i dunno, a magic doll is probably an upgrade from "Most would say that death isn't funny. It isn't, unless you're Shaco - then it's hysterical. He is Valoran's first fully functioning homicidal comic; he jests until someone dies, and then he laughs."

drat thats edgy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
the most likely trump supporter is anivia because she just fuckin loves wall

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
Volibear, Kayle, and whoever else have those cop skins are all likely Trump supporters

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I think it's got to be Draven

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the thing about olaf is that he's actually just some kid who got really into norse mythology and is therefore a white supremacist and also loves trump

his real name is Kevin

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Firebert posted:

Rek'sai was already kinda alright and caught hella buffs this patch and is really strong now. They were probably just bad on her; she's not super demanding, but her burrowing mechanics and creative gank routes take more games to understand than a Xin Zhao or Nocturne

Reminder that the "hella buffs" amounted to Q missile giving 25 Fury, W cancelling Q if you stayed burrowed, and her ult no longer being subject to dodges with mobility skills.

The latter is certainly a buff (and was one of the biggest criticisms of the rework). Largely, her play rate has gone up this patch because people were reminded she exists. Junglers with good mobility and CC are never not good.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Servaetes posted:

Nah they turned Shaco into a magic doll that came to life I remember seeing it in one of those did you know facts before a game starts

Kind of like turning skarner into a brainless scorpion or nautilus into a generic sea monster it sucks

Nautilus thankfully is still the same angry vengeful guy who was abandoned at the bottom of the ocean. Skaner I got nothing for.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im glad this inescapable topic has made its way here too

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the only thing more soul crushing and self defeating than playing league of legends is discussing at length its attempt at lore for several pages

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

rabidsquid posted:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pidan posted:

I don't like that she lost her unique ballgown shape, that the bewitching / blackthorn skins lost a lot of detail, and that her wings appear to be growing out of her butt now. But the new model is certainly not bad, and I don't play her much so I don't really care.

New Kayle looks awesome

Judgment Kayle finally does not look like garbage with dirty brown wings.

I'll miss the Judge Dredd Shoulderpads though

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Wait Orianna isn’t a recreation of his dead daughter any more? That is Bull poo poo

I’m reading her new lore now and it’s soooo dumb. She needs to be mechanical because she took off her respirator to give it to someone who couldn’t breathe, then she got sick. Way worse concept because the original is really creepy!!!

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
They never get round to adjusting the VO to suit. Ori still sounds like a creepy robot that wants to 'play', varus is not... new varus, MF still talks to the summoner

Also anyone else get confused with bullet angel kaisa and project vayne, I see one and think its the other

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
kai'sa is a travesty because they designed her as her launch skin, somebody said 'remember that league of legends is a high fantasy game with magitech elements?' and everybody went 'oh shoot you're right' and came up with some dumb as hell garbage for her base

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Base kai'sa is her best skin though?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

kingcobweb posted:

Wait Orianna isn’t a recreation of his dead daughter any more? That is Bull poo poo

I’m reading her new lore now and it’s soooo dumb. She needs to be mechanical because she took off her respirator to give it to someone who couldn’t breathe, then she got sick. Way worse concept because the original is really creepy!!!

Her original story of being a replacement daughter for a daughter that wanted to join the league but got murdered by her dad's replica of a summoner's rift tower was far better goddamn

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

The lore was better when there wasn't this idea that everything needed to be *~consistent~*. It's all fiction who cares if there's inconsistent poo poo. Give us just random dumb poo poo we can laugh at like Hobo Udyr, Angry that he's alive Maokai, Jax and Gragas drinking buddies etc.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
the lore, which i do not care about, was much better when it was written poorly haphazardly, which i do not care about. also the new lore, which i don't care about nor have to interface with in any meaningful way, is worse then it was before, when i did not care about it, and when it was good. not that i cared about it

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Triple-Kan posted:

the lore, which i do not care about, was much better when it was written poorly haphazardly, which i do not care about. also the new lore, which i don't care about nor have to interface with in any meaningful way, is worse then it was before, when i did not care about it, and when it was good. not that i cared about it

for real tho this is the dumbest take this thread has had in a fuckin while

some of the new lore is pretty egregious (varus) but most of it has been a good pass and i appreciste their attempt to make things consistent. several bits of lore are way better (Ionia in general is way better than where it was, Aatrox's new lore kind of giving up an idea of wtf the Darkin are, I actually really like Galio's new lore even if the old lore was p good) and in the process of making the new lore they've has to actually double down and worldbuild in a way that makes sense - pog's complaint about Piltover is valid, part of it is the piltover champs are all over the place with how they look because Piltover's big thing, hextech, didn't have solid thematics until like a year ago. so until they get around to making some sort of 'visual unification pass' on them the way they did, say, the Shadow Isles champs, thats always gonna be a problem.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i do not get all of the people who go “wow, who cares about the lore” like there was not just a huge discussion about the lore. if you choose not to care about that canonical aspect of the game that is fine but there is no reason to try to seem too cool to bother caring about the games lore in a thread for discussing that game. obviously the topic is going to come up

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Those are the people who post on FB about how they aren't watching the super bowl

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

strong bird posted:

the only thing more soul crushing and self defeating than playing league of legends is discussing at length its attempt at lore for several pages

QT was just reading Darius' lore, word for word, a couple days ago and it was the best thing I've seen on twitch in a long while

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Man everyone is saying this season has been too easy to climb and I see so many people in my friends list climbing to divisions they've never been.

Meanwhile me I am stuck in g2 after being p1 the previous year. Feels good man.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ulio posted:

Man everyone is saying this season has been too easy to climb and I see so many people in my friends list climbing to divisions they've never been.

Meanwhile me I am stuck in g2 after being p1 the previous year. Feels good man.

sounds like you got flagged for losses op. have you done anything to anger riot game?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Wow, they finally fixed the bug where the client wouldn't reconnect to the server after the computer had been in sleep mode.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The Door Frame posted:

I think it's got to be Draven

Nah, Draven writes himself in for literally everything every election.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

sounds like you got flagged for losses op. have you done anything to anger riot game?

I mean I don't really flame my teammates like I use to, I use to get banned every month like in season 5-6.. I really don't type other than missing ping to tilt people who do misplays. Also that is just for fun, I hope people don't really get tilted by that. Sometimes people take this game too serious.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
absolutely that tilts some people

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Ulio posted:

I mean I don't really flame my teammates like I use to, I use to get banned every month like in season 5-6.. I really don't type other than missing ping to tilt people who do misplays. Also that is just for fun, I hope people don't really get tilted by that. Sometimes people take this game too serious.

:confused:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
This game is full of very fun people

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
yea you should accept that the thing you do for fun is what a lot of people do to like rage at people and it's gonna be taken that way

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Ulio posted:

Hey pro-tip, ask your parents and educators to help you get socialized before engaging in a social activity like multiplayer video-games. Until then maybe stick to AI games. Also ideally don't leave your house where you might expose others to your douchey behaviour in the physical realm.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Missing pings are actually great for asking a question. For instance when I flash accidentally I will ping my flash and then missing ping myself 5 times.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Dancer posted:

Hey pro-tip, ask your parents and educators to help you get socialized before engaging in a social activity like multiplayer video-games. Until then maybe stick to AI games. Also ideally don't leave your house where you might expose others to your douchey behaviour in the physical realm.

calm down dude

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im permabanned poster teemostomper58. i first started playing league when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "tilting my teammates with missing pings" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "mia??" and "i love pinging mia" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "tilting my teammates with missing pings" style of ulio humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" ulio to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

wtf is ulio

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

d0grent posted:

wtf is ulio

he just posted in the thread. in this very page

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

silly me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
While we're on the subject of stupid lore changes Jax actually has a reason to have a lamp now. They made him Icathian and gave him a magic desert lamp that's the last light of Icathia oh noes!!!! It was way better when he was just probably a former League administration guy that kept winning so he went "hey lol I'll fight with something stupid!" then kept winning anyway and used the lamp forever because gently caress you I'm Jax and I do what I want.