Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When I was in college we got simpsons reruns at 6 and 6:30 and then 10 and 10:30 every weeknight and it was the greatest thing

thats my story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I was raised by 6:00pm Simpsons re-runs.

I didn't even know new eps were on Sunday evening at 8:00 until I'd been watching for years.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It's a gamble watching The Simpsons on FXX. Will we get Season 5? Or season 15?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thats the right way to watch them. Again, I was spoiled having 4 episodes aired per day, but you'd get a good mix usually.

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO LATTER DAY SIMPSONS

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Android Apocalypse posted:

It's a gamble watching The Simpsons on FXX. Will we get Season 5? Or season 15?

This gives you a better appreciation for the old seasons.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
When I was in middle school and high school my local Fox affiliate ran like 4 episodes a day in syndication, and they were pretty much guaranteed to be from the good seasons. It was a golden age of television for teenage Sheen Sheen. By the end of high school, there had been enough bad seasons of the show that you were just as likely to get a bad episode as a good one during those two-hour blocks. I was extremely disappointed when I figured this out :(

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Man there was a great time in my life for probably a decade where I had several fox affiliates in broadcast range (Woo! Livin between major cities!) So I had hot and cold running Simpsons something crazy like 6-8 episodes a day.

Then for a year or two most of those affiliates stopped and replaced it with other syndicated shows, but I still had one channel do two hours every day.

And I think right before FXX grabbed them all, that station apparently only had the rights to broadcast just one season, maybe two. So running 4 episodes a day, you blew through a whole season in about two and a half weeks. And it was all bad Nu-simpsons, like Lisa Goes GaGa or where Homer pirates moives and runs to the Swedish consulate. Bad times.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
My first encounter with the Simpsons was reruns on Fox.

Our first episode was the Australia episode. Me and my sister completely lost our poo poo at the koala at the end.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
This is one of the first new episodes I can remember seeing when I was a kid, came into it just as it was getting ready to slide off a cliff. :saddowns:

https://youtu.be/wX1x7pfH8fw

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
We had Simpsons reruns at 630 and 7 pm. My parents were big on eating dinner as a family around a table and no distractions, but if the meal went past 630 it was dinner in front of the TV time.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Uncle Wemus fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 27, 2019

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I think a good simpsons meme would be the “look at that hang dog expression” “let’s buy him a present”

Marge is Bernie Sanders
Homer is America
Bart is corporate evil

Like every time we catch the ceo or do something evil then the billionaires promise to self regulate and they keep getting away with it

Thanks for reading god bless

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i agree but please do not attract mod anger to this wonderful thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjpnCWrsQ1I

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Wall Balls posted:

Welp, I know what I'm going to be listening to in the car for the next week.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://youtu.be/3uIcXRbZ458

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:eyepop:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
In panel 1, Nelson is wearing a MAGA hat, but he isn't in panel 2.

I hope somebody was fired for that blunder.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I hope somebody was deported for that blunder.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Wall Balls posted:

Sounds like a Katamari Damacy song.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

skooma512 posted:

My first encounter with the Simpsons was reruns on Fox.

Our first episode was the Australia episode. Me and my sister completely lost our poo poo at the koala at the end.

That's a pretty decent introduction, I can distinctly remember that ending gave me a spine tingle!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I hope somebody was fired for that blunder.

Willie already stuffed it up his bhole, it's why he looks malcontent in the 2nd panel.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

This works way too well.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
homers head is a really peculiar shape here and is this episode shown on tv in the us?

https://twitter.com/simpscreens/status/1100689598253015040

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jose posted:

homers head is a really peculiar shape here and is this episode shown on tv in the us?

https://twitter.com/simpscreens/status/1100689598253015040

very rarely, if you see it you get to make a wish

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Most affiliates pulled it after 911 but it wouldnt shock me if it started coming back now. America is a bit more open to talking about the WTC these days

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
they brought it back in 2006 but edited scenes and lines out . I haven’t seen that episode on syndicated tv in so long I couldn’t tell you , but when every episode of the Simpsons was on demand , the whole thing was in unedited .

“They stick all the jerks in tower 1!”

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I have/had a book around here somewhere, it's Obv Pre 9/11, but it talks about how poorly designed and built the towers are, and how people who work there hate it, and how people dislike the towers for uglyfying the skyline.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

El Pato
Jul 2, 2007

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
https://www.facebook.com/octavio.jesus.355/videos/130232678032190/

spanish but youŽll get it

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Uncle Wemus fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 28, 2019

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Just wanted to mention that one of the reasons I always identified with The Simpsons is my dad literally looks like Homer in real life.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Spacedad posted:

Just wanted to mention that one of the reasons I always identified with The Simpsons is my dad literally looks like Homer in real life.

???

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Get that up ya

Spacedad posted:

Can we call you Hoju?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Is this that Momo thing that internet grandmas have been posting about?

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Thankfully nothing that remotely grotesque. He just has a similar balding pattern and facial hair and even his voice is a bit homerlike. He also used to be overweight in a homerlike way but is not these days.

Also I'd wanted to do some simpsons animation fuckery for this thread but am currently busy with job offer stuff for a major studio. I will be definitely doing some simpsons animation meme stuff as after-work project stuff for fun though.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

i can't remember if i posted these so heres some old ones from the shitposting groups

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

its a perfect thing of beauty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

i can't remember if i posted these so heres some old ones from the shitposting groups

holy poo poo(posting)