Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Modest Mao posted:

idk I think the riffing and the fact that his stream of consciousness is just leaking out does in fact make him extremely easy to tune-in to while perfectly memorized and delivered speeches about grand visions only work on some people and in some contexts.

From my experience if you don't think that people listen to a lot more of Trump talking, and take in a lot more of it, as compared to Obama or Bush you're livin' in a different world. I'm actually a little shocked this is a point of contention except maybe that he's the bloo bloo bad man and obama is the good good killer of the brown people

It's like saying the beatles are trashy thoughtless noise as compared to rachmaninoff and yet somehow everyone loving knows a beatles song what do you make of that

yeah im sure lots of people just LOVE listening to trump going off about how a memorandum of understanding is not a real thing. hes loving painful to listen to if you are not an absolute, complete moron, and thats in the context of a rally wheres hes drawing energy from a crowd. in a presidential setting its like a watching a bored spoiled toddler, its just awful

obamas SOTUs had higher ratings and viewers than trumps btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Swift Boat Veterans For Truth

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
every time i watch spirited away (daily) it fucks me up that we elected the goddamn baby from spirited away to be president

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Filthy Hans posted:

trying to remember the details on this one from the preTrump era which has basically overwritten my memory

he chainsawed the tax code or a budget or something, right?

he covered his face in cheetos. i forget why specifically but he was making fun of trump

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

every time i watch spirited away (daily) it fucks me up that we elected the goddamn baby from spirited away to be president

And we made noh face our economic system

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Filthy Hans posted:

Swift Boat Veterans For Truth
Purple Heart band-aid lady is dead

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The Crotch posted:

Kanye West went MAGA for two weeks.

His MAGAness still comes out from time to time but his better half is good at keeping it under wraps

Also, Kim Kardashian helped get an innocent lady pardoned by using her families chumminess with Trump, which makes her more accomplished on criminal justice issues than 99% of the dems

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

frankenfreak posted:

Please tell me it was irony that killed her

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

jobson groeth posted:

run over by a small water craft? denied coveragefor an easily treatable condition?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Ron Jeremy posted:

run over by a small water craft? denied coveragefor an easily treatable condition?

Fell off a wall, shot by Nazi's. There are lots of ways to get fatal irony poisoning in Trumps USA.

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

frankenfreak posted:

cool

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

jobson groeth posted:

she allowed her hate to become impure

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

trying to remember the details on this one from the preTrump era which has basically overwritten my memory

he chainsawed the tax code or a budget or something, right?

You're thinking of Rand Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaQtleBmDhg&t=33s

the glenn beck one was in like april of 2016 of him trying to own trump, it's sorta funny how similar in style it is to late night trying to make trump jokes

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
req. pic of trump fuming

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

Homeless Friend posted:

the glenn beck one was in like april of 2016 of him trying to own trump, it's sorta funny how similar in style it is to late night trying to make trump jokes
speaking of which, it still makes me lol how quick Beck flamed out in 2011 and how personally irrelevant he is now, even though his show was the biggest breeding ground for old people brain worms in the late-aughts/early 2010s

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was it Glenn Beck who accused The Dark Knight Rises of being liberal propaganda because Bane -> Bain Capital?

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

The Crotch posted:

Was it Glenn Beck who accused The Dark Knight Rises of being liberal propaganda because Bane -> Bain Capital?
no, that was Limbaugh, I remember that

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

HobbitGrease posted:

speaking of which, it still makes me lol how quick Beck flamed out in 2011 and how personally irrelevant he is now, even though his show was the biggest breeding ground for old people brain worms in the late-aughts/early 2010s

He's a powerful example of just how little the individual cogs in the Fox News machine actually matter.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Trump being a teetotal because of his brother's alcoholism is probably the only genuinely human thing about him.

yeah except that it's because he believes his dead brother got what he deserved for being weak because his dad pitted his sons against each other

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HobbitGrease posted:

no, that was Limbaugh, I remember that
Okay, but it was definitely Glenn Beck who said that Something Awful did Benghazi, right?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol at the avenatti copyright mark

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Peanut Butler posted:

yeah except that it's because he believes his dead brother got what he deserved for being weak because his dad pitted his sons against each other

Yeah, that tracks.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Cardi B dragging Nicki Minaj because she insulted daddy Bernie

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

it's not funny that OWS protestors got pepper sprayed, but it's hilarious that one of the cops who did it is named tony bologna

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Basta Man, Esq.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

frankenfreak posted:

Basta Man, Esq.

brb, gonna check for new hilarity in the basta toxx thread

he's a compelling character but in no way presidential nominee material. trump hasn't changed the standard of what we'll accept as a candidate but the discourse has (d)evolved to the point where a guy like trump (or specifically trump) is acceptable. it's still up to a candidate individually to prove they have what the public will accept or tolerate and basta never had it- not well known enough

plus between an american and non-american surname the american sounding one will usually prevail, italian man in america has no chance- people want bland and familiar not risky and foreign (and that includes italians, polish, non WASPs in general)

obviously this isn't good or what I want or what I determine my policies on but ethnic bias is absolutely a thing even between two white guys

Carl Von Awesomwitz
May 2, 2006

Sisko Lied, Romulans Died

Spergin Morlock posted:

it's not funny that OWS protestors got pepper sprayed, but it's hilarious that one of the cops who did it is named tony bologna

i like how it came out that the FBI knew of a plot to assassinate Houston occupy leaders and didn't tell anyone about it and also when you look it up google gives you a whole lot of sites like infowars and patriotnewsfeedbag that make me fell like i'm the conspiracy theorist

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
🛩🏢🏢

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Man (Person) of the Year

Carl Von Awesomwitz
May 2, 2006

I like how Joe Kennedy Jr. would have probably been president if he hadn't volunteered to fly massively unsafe B-17 drone bombs (Operation Aphrodite) that only ever ended up bombing Sweden and rural England.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Carl Von Awesomwitz posted:

I like how Joe Kennedy Jr. would have probably been president if he hadn't volunteered to fly massively unsafe B-17 drone bombs (Operation Aphrodite) that only ever ended up bombing Sweden and rural England.

lol this post reminded me that Ted Kennedy would've probably been president if he hadn't killed a girl

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"If Ted Kennedy drove a Volkswagen, he'd be President today" :newlol:

Carl Von Awesomwitz posted:

I like how Joe John F. Kennedy Jr. would have probably been president if he hadn't volunteered to fly massively unsafe B-17 drone bombs (Operation Aphrodite) that only ever ended up bombing Sweden and rural England. flown his own plane, ever

One of my favorite conspiracy theories I've read is that just as GHWB killed JFK, GWB had a hand in killing JFK Jr. :tinfoil:

Also my uncle (who WORKS at Nintendo btw) once told me Joe Kennedy died over the Atlantic transporting the "third nuke" to Germany

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Donald Trump telling everyone that Ted Cruz's dad killed JFK

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Some crazy infowars dude mailed a bunch of bombs to Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and CNN 4 months ago.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Bushiz posted:

Some crazy infowars dude mailed a bunch of bombs to Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and CNN 4 months ago.

At least he's a maga guy with some loving praxis.

Like, if you believe all the crazy chud maga poo poo then sending mail bombs is the least you should be doing. You legit think these people are organizing a massive child rape ring.

Carl Von Awesomwitz
May 2, 2006

LastInLine posted:

lol this post reminded me that Ted Kennedy would've probably been president if he hadn't killed a girl

the romance of american camelot

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
a college spent tens of thousands of dollars on consultants to improve their image after the college's entire online image was a fat cop walking down a line of sitting students and pepper spraying them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

OldTennisCourt posted:

a college spent tens of thousands of dollars on consultants to improve their image after the college's entire online image was a fat cop walking down a line of sitting students and pepper spraying them

that officer was awarded a $38k settlement for suffering from UC Davis

they also shelled out $1m to the 30 pepper spray victims

that means the officer got almost $5k more than each of the people he pepper sprayed