Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hexel posted:

how much real world bux would it cost to inject a titan pilot from scratch and buy a hull

i think around 150-200$ but im not sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

SugarAddict posted:

...also getting smartbombed or killed by some butt that spends 23 hours a day poopsocking on gates and station undocks with 23115 faction sebos

I know you're over-exaggerating for emphasis, but the highest meta faction sebo... is living in London.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

it seems like most of the people I know who "play" eve are now just people who maintain an active sub and play other games together

This has been true for a while now.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
I thought owning a ratting Nyx was supposed to make me space rich. Instead I appear to be bleeding isk.

Not related to the Nyx mind you, though that was a cool 30 billion, but since I have bought it I have just needed more and more stuff.

Speaking of which, here I was thinking dockable super meant they were nonlonger floating coffins. But given the cost of the pod, and the frequency I need to rat, I feel like I can never leave the drat thing.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
Other than a negligible amount of fuel costs, and maybe occasionally losing fighters somehow, what sort of ongoing costs are you incurring?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DrDork posted:

Other than a negligible amount of fuel costs, and maybe occasionally losing fighters somehow, what sort of ongoing costs are you incurring?

as soon as you get a supercap you start going "well, now that i have it, shouldn't i get this officer mod? yes, yes i should."

Norfolks Given
Jan 3, 2019

Hexel posted:

how much real world bux would it cost to inject a titan pilot from scratch and buy a hull

About 750 - 800 USD each - just did 2 this week for a guy because ‘The Mittani told him in fireside he should have a shield and armor Titan.’ - 3 month old player. Lucky for him he’s in GSF and protected from goonfucking awoxers, I bundled him some proper sisi training for them.

A week of bosun ratting and he’s bored already and wants a Komodo.

I build all this poo poo and yet I mostly fly a 27m dramaqueen and claim SRP.

I love my client list, they are like guys who trade supercars in after they run out of gas.

Spod bless mittens for the bounty he has brought us poors. all the CC p2w whales are now in delve ‘because goons are winning’.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Norfolks Given posted:

Spod bless mittens for the bounty he has brought us poors. all the CC p2w whales are now in delve ‘because goons are winning’.

and providing us with beaucoup tax revenue

so much that we're launching our renter program as a complete loss leader just to steal renters from hostiles

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

and providing us with beaucoup tax revenue

so much that we're launching our renter program as a complete loss leader just to steal renters from hostiles

I was wondering if it would be profitable or not. It still might, in the long run. Taxes add up, especially if renters can be more efficient by moving around.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

ZombieLenin posted:

I thought owning a ratting Nyx was supposed to make me space rich. Instead I appear to be bleeding isk.

Not related to the Nyx mind you, though that was a cool 30 billion, but since I have bought it I have just needed more and more stuff.

Speaking of which, here I was thinking dockable super meant they were nonlonger floating coffins. But given the cost of the pod, and the frequency I need to rat, I feel like I can never leave the drat thing.

On the off chance that you are not aware, you can now clone jump an unlimited amount of times to clones that are in the same stations and not have to wait the 20h timer.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ynglaur posted:

I was wondering if it would be profitable or not. It still might, in the long run. Taxes add up, especially if renters can be more efficient by moving around.

It probably will be. It's not like running a rental empire has many recurring costs.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Dalael posted:

On the off chance that you are not aware, you can now clone jump an unlimited amount of times to clones that are in the same stations and not have to wait the 20h timer.

Wait, you can install multiple jump clones in the same station? And there isn’t a time limit on jump cloning?

Can I have my infomorph synch skill points back?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ZombieLenin posted:

Wait, you can install multiple jump clones in the same station? And there isn’t a time limit on jump cloning?

There's no time limit on jumping to another clone in the same station. There's still a time limit when transfering to another station.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

You can't install multiple clones in the same station, but if you're in a player-owned structure, you can swap to a clone in the same structure without a timer.

If there are multiple structures in the system, this lets you keep a stable of implanted jump clones to swap between at your leisure.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i think around 150-200$ but im not sure

gently caress, more than that. The $99 plex package currently gets you around 7 billion isk. So we all know how much the Titan hull costs, but if you factor in the isk price of skill injectors (currently sitting at an all time high of over 900mil per large injector) and the skill books...

Maybe if you were RMTing the isk and the skill injectors you would be looking at $500. More if you are legit and but plex, more.

Cheaper I think to actually purchase a character for cash from someone.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Norfolks Given posted:

About 750 - 800 USD each - just did 2 this week for a guy because ‘The Mittani told him in fireside he should have a shield and armor Titan.’ - 3 month old player. Lucky for him he’s in GSF and protected from goonfucking awoxers, I bundled him some proper sisi training for them.

A week of bosun ratting and he’s bored already and wants a Komodo.

I build all this poo poo and yet I mostly fly a 27m dramaqueen and claim SRP.

I love my client list, they are like guys who trade supercars in after they run out of gas.

this is an interesting thing given your post history itt

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Wibla posted:

This has been true for a while now.

na like in 2016-17 we were still playing eve and just doing a bit of pubg/rocket league/OW/whatever-fotm-game on the side, but now it's become "play other games regularly, and eve on the side"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Klyith posted:

azathio is in the building apparently

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
reddits has produced another fantastic Olmeca Gold grrr gons post featuring biases across multiple platforms meant to silence him/her/them.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Norfolks Given posted:

‘The Mittani told him in fireside he should have a shield and armor Titan.’ - 3 month old player

:eyepop:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I don't know if I should hope if CCP is or isn't paying The Mittani to provide content for their game.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SugarAddict posted:

I don't know if I should hope if CCP is or isn't paying The Mittani to provide content for their game.

CCP consists of like 5 strung out developers 1q&a guy, and one PR rep. The Mittani runs an organization much more complex and large than CCP.

If anything it's the other way around.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Loky11 posted:

reddits has produced another fantastic Olmeca Gold grrr gons post featuring biases across multiple platforms meant to silence him/her/them.

Poor dude has gone full tinfoil hat on us. Goons hiding under his sofa, flouridating his water, contaminating his precious bodily fluids...

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ZekeNY posted:

Poor dude has gone full tinfoil hat on us. Goons hiding under his sofa, flouridating his water, contaminating his precious bodily fluids...

please do NOT leak the contents of gs_psyops in public tia

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ZekeNY posted:

Has anyone put bee stickers in his neice's backpack yet?

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

CainFortea posted:

Has anyone put bee stickers in his neice's backpack yet?

Already done. I delivered the stickers to her, myself.

She put them in her backpack with pride.

Norfolks Given
Jan 3, 2019

Klyith posted:

Winston has finally learned to love Big Brother.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

I used a VPN on the train on Monday to log in to the game when commuting.

quote:

You have been banned permanently by GM Arkarian. The reason specified was: Account Security Compromised

I'm now on my fourth day of waiting for a reply from their customer support team. I feel like someone is playing a practical joke on me.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

The only practical joke getting played is Eve Online: Internet Spaceships.

Paging Globby for commentary on GM interactions.

Kosani
Jun 30, 2004
Ni ni.
:drat: that's a lot of cash to pay for spaceships

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
It's a far cry from the days of yore when a mere dread cost ~$3000, and there were idiots dumb enough to buy their way into them and then promptly lose them ratting.

And let's not even mention the cost of Star Citizen ships.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DrDork posted:

It's a far cry from the days of yore when a mere dread cost ~$3000, and there were idiots dumb enough to buy their way into them and then promptly lose them ratting.

And let's not even mention the cost of Star Citizen ships.

star citizen jpegs

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Wow I had no idea implants were so great! No wonder people actually pay so much for these drat things, I was able to get an extra 6 million+ ehp out of my Nyx with them. Thats like 3 extra Thanatos worth of HP! Though im slightly worried these slave sansha implants will take over my mind :tinfoil:

Of course now my pod is worth more than a carrier :negative:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

A proper Nyx pod is worth a few times a carrier :P

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

dont be that guy who gets in a super without an HG slave set

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Hexel posted:

dont be that guy who gets in a super

fixt it

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hexel posted:

dont be that guy who gets in a super without an HG slave set

brb buying an HG slave set for MY HEL

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

It's not like I'm going to do something stupid like undock with it. My super is strictly for making me feel impressive when I pull up the fitting info. With these implants I've finally reached capswarm minimum requirements! (Though I found I need Cybernetics V for the two fancy implants, so I still have a couple days before I can plug in the slave omega :D)

Soon I'll have Fighters V and my dps will look even more impressive. I can't wait. I just wish I could spin the Nyx around :(

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 28, 2019

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Rutibex posted:

Soon I'll have Fighters V and my dps will look even more impressive. I can't wait. I just wish I could spin the Nyx around :(

this but with a police skin

Fighters V has like 30 hours left. Going to be a dope Saturday of sitting in home def poo poo not losing fighters while undocked but tethered for hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Micromancer posted:

this but with a police skin

Fighters V has like 30 hours left. Going to be a dope Saturday of sitting in home def poo poo not losing fighters while undocked but tethered for hours

I want to get the Syndicate skin. It's basically just the normal skin but with a lower case "i" logo, but I want it. My character is Intaki and I always liked syndicate region the best. I specifically went with the Syndicate Damage Control instead of the Sentient one for the same reason.