Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Is there any way to access my cloud saves if I tinkered with my Vita? I'm on the 3.68 h-encore train currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Is there any way to access my cloud saves if I tinkered with my Vita? I'm on the 3.68 h-encore train currently.

Turn on PSN spoofing and set version spoofing to 3.70 in Henkaku settings and try your luck?

I haven't tried connecting to PSN since 3.69/70 came out so I don't know if spoofing still works but fwiw the only ban reports I've ever seen have been from blatant and obvious trophy hacking so it's pretty unlikely you're going to get hit for getting/trying to get your cloud saves. Obviously YMMV and you could be the first person ever to get banned for that.

Worst case scenario if you absolutely critically have to have them is update and download them then wait for the eventual release of the hack for those firmwares, but that's obviously only if you want your saves more than you want homebrew.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Went from 3.68 to 3.60 with this video

https://youtu.be/xTApD1OSDN4

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

History Comes Inside! posted:

Turn on PSN spoofing and set version spoofing to 3.70 in Henkaku settings and try your luck?

I haven't tried connecting to PSN since 3.69/70 came out so I don't know if spoofing still works but fwiw the only ban reports I've ever seen have been from blatant and obvious trophy hacking so it's pretty unlikely you're going to get hit for getting/trying to get your cloud saves. Obviously YMMV and you could be the first person ever to get banned for that.

Worst case scenario if you absolutely critically have to have them is update and download them then wait for the eventual release of the hack for those firmwares, but that's obviously only if you want your saves more than you want homebrew.

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE:getin:

I'll try the spoof and see if I get anywhere. Thanks!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
They officially announced that they're ending production of the Vita on Tuesday

Rest in peace comradr Vita

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Mortuus est Vita. Vivat Vita!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It meant life, once.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
erotically murdered

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If I were to hack my vita, what could I do with it. I mean, what other systems will it emulate?

I'm guessing it does PSX/PSP 100%
Will it do PS2?
Anything later than that?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's time for my Vita to play virtual boy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Waltzing Along posted:

If I were to hack my vita, what could I do with it. I mean, what other systems will it emulate?

I'm guessing it does PSX/PSP 100%
Will it do PS2?
Anything later than that?

It will not emulate ps2 or newer you goofball

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You should still hack it just to make it a better psp tho

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

the only question really should be can you play Crisis Core

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

They officially announced that they're ending production of the Vita on Tuesday

Rest in peace comradr Vita

Don't worry, they'll still keep updating the firmware, so it won't be completely dead, just kind of vegetative.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Tits are death, rear end is graveyard.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

TheCenturion posted:

Tits are death, rear end is graveyard.

I remember Lady Death comics.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

If I were to hack my vita, what could I do with it.

What more do you need besides “portable Tony Hawk’s Pro Skaters 1 and 2”

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/kazhiraiceo/status/1098674481055305728?s=21

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I approve of this message.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

good bye vita, good bye panty quests

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the switch is alive and well though

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

make the switch cheaper as its still too expensive :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1098989942288629760

You can't kill what's already dead.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Super No Vacancy posted:

the switch is alive and well though

And grotesquely overpriced and underpowered.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Deadguy2322 posted:

Ah, just like the Vita

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Deadguy2322 posted:

Lol

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deadguy2322 posted:

Literally the Vita

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Deadguy2322 posted:

Least it's not a PC eh?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

asecondduck posted:

Literally the Vita

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ah, just like the Vita

What? (not saying the original post wasn't dumb)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
vita in 2019 is real expensive: https://geizhals.eu/?cat=conpsv

Sakurazuka posted:

Least it's not a PC eh?
you can get an old pc that runs games at 1080p for like 200 eurobux tho

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Truga posted:

vita in 2019 is real expensive: https://geizhals.eu/?cat=conpsv

that's fair. i was thinking in terms of the original value proposition (which concealed the cost of memory storage).

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
To be fair, you can get a mostly working one on ebay for like 100, so it's not that bad.
e: yeah, the memory cards were and still are stupidly priced

Truga fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 28, 2019

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
At this point, get one from ebay with a low firmware for like 100-150$, a 5$ adapter, and a 40$ 200GB sd card.

Basically the only possible risk is with the screen having a few scratches.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mithaldu posted:

At this point, get one from ebay with a low firmware for like 100-150$, a 5$ adapter, and a 40$ 200GB sd card.

Ugh, who buys portable electronics with plastic screens in 2019

--posted from my Nintendo Switch

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

What? (not saying the original post wasn't dumb)

Once hackers worked their way into the Vita they found it was running at 333mhz (the max speed you could overclock a PSP) by default. Another mode could make it run at 444mhz at the expense of network features or screen brightness. Far from the quad core Arm A9 that would make it a portable PS3 according to the hype.
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/47804/sony-underclocked-ps-vitas-cpu-frequency-444mhz/index.html

What's pretty funny is that the NEW 3DS/2DS systems actually increased their clock speeds to 804 MHZ in New 3DS mode, though only a handful of games like Xenoblade and Fire Emblem Warriors actually use it.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mithaldu posted:

I recently bought a Japanese 2nd-gen Vita off eBay for ~$125 that was in great condition; the display was perfect, like it had a screen protector the whole time that was removed right before re-boxing & sale, although the back touch pad is scuffed up more like you'd expect for a 2nd-hand unit. Definitely satisfied with the purchase though.

Also, the dollar sign goes in front of the amount, bro.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Atomizer posted:

I recently bought a Japanese 2nd-gen Vita off eBay for ~$125 that was in great condition; the display was perfect, like it had a screen protector the whole time that was removed right before re-boxing & sale, although the back touch pad is scuffed up more like you'd expect for a 2nd-hand unit. Definitely satisfied with the purchase though.

Some people believe that because you say (amount) (currency) you're supposed to put the currency symbol after the number.

Those people are wrong.

VVVVVV - what is wrong with you that makes you feel the need to poo poo talk anything that isn't a PlayStation?

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 28, 2019

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ah, just like the Vita

I got my Vita for free, but even still, the price on the kiddie tablet is $150 more here than the Vita was at launch.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
It goes in the middle, you dorks.

125$00

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Verdean_escudo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Atomizer posted:

Glad you had a good experience as well. :)
The vita screen is pretty resilient, just not perfect.

Atomizer posted:

Thanks, i'm german and we do it the other way here, so it's hard to keep track of.