Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

freeranger posted:

Bacon Briefcase.....

since 2015 it's been a minor miracle for them to ever get into the double digit laps in a single test session. let me have this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I'm a long term Mclaren fan... I will allow it :D

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I'm so loving pumped for Melbourne....the top three, close together, the midfield (basically all but Williams) super close together, and the backsetter with Kubica at the wheel (partly).

I can't wait to get up in the middle of the night for FP3 to have all my hopes and dreams shattered, only to watch Mercedes march towards the next WDC/WCC:

Who's with me?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pwoaaaar that Shar time. This Leclaire fellow its pretty good i guess?

Last year i dont remember a single gently caress up from the dude. In Monaco his brakes failed right?

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

It's gonna be amazing when Eclair ends up being the Ryan Leaf of race cars.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
going to lol if McLaren are not poo poo anymore as soon as the biggest bitch Failnando Badlonso relegates himself to official kimoa paydriver for some stupid imsa trash car or whatever hes doing today

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

BubbaGrace posted:

Has there ever been a driver so hyped yet turned out so poorly that it would be comparable to this?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BubbaGrace posted:

dude did well in college, had a rough time in the NFL, conquered his personal demons, help people and bangs hot chicks? hell id like to be the ryan leaf of this thread

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Well step 1, stop hanging out with your ex!

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Captain Dickweed posted:

Has there ever been a driver so hyped yet turned out so poorly that it would be comparable to this?

That's a good question. I was just poo poo posting and didn't really put any thought into it. Pascal was looked at pretty highly there for a bit. He was considered Mercedes golden boy, more so than Ocon, only to end up fading back into the abyss of a dead and stupid German series, known as DTM. But other than that, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Gonzo, unfortunately you are the Jamarcus Russell of this thread.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

BubbaGrace posted:

That's a good question. I was just poo poo posting and didn't really put any thought into it. Pascal was looked at pretty highly there for a bit. He was considered Mercedes golden boy, more so than Ocon, only to end up fading back into the abyss of a dead and stupid German series, known as DTM. But other than that, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Gonzo, unfortunately you are the Jamarcus Russell of this thread.

I'll raise you Stoffel Vandoorne. That guy was supposed to be a wunderkind and is instead massively underachieving in formula E

To put into context just how poor that is let's look at a selection of other Formula E people he compares unfavourably to-

Filipe Massa
Whirline
Piquet Jr (this fucknugget managed to win a championship even)
Vernon Kay

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

freeranger posted:

Bacon Briefcase.....

Yes let’s all sit here in silence and not discuss any aspect of testing ever for fear that it might be false and we’ll be shamed with some term somebody made up a decade ago that makes no sense. Much more preferable.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what does bacon briefcase means

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

NtotheTC posted:

I'll raise you Stoffel Vandoorne. That guy was supposed to be a wunderkind and is instead massively underachieving in formula E

To put into context just how poor that is let's look at a selection of other Formula E people he compares unfavourably to-

Filipe Massa
Whirline
Piquet Jr (this fucknugget managed to win a championship even)
Vernon Kay

I fell for this myself. My toxx last year was Waffles besting Alonso in points and well... I ate a ban for it. I didn't know Pascal had moved over to the FE as well, is he making GBS threads up the place too?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

BubbaGrace posted:

I fell for this myself. My toxx last year was Waffles besting Alonso in points and well... I ate a ban for it. I didn't know Pascal had moved over to the FE as well, is he making GBS threads up the place too?

After 4 races:

Pascal is 5th on 30 points

Stoffel is 22nd, only ahead of two guys who have only done 1 race each. He has zero points. Of his 4 starts he has crashed twice and finished well out of the points twice.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm not willing to say McLaren aren't poo poo but they are definitely less poo poo

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

DoctorGonzo posted:

It’s what businessmen will start carrying to work after Brexit

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

DoctorGonzo posted:

It's what sad racist rednecks carry around to "ward off the terrorists"

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

dude did well in college, had a rough time in the NFL, conquered his personal demons, help people and bangs hot chicks? hell id like to be the ryan leaf of this thread

He went to jail multiple times and is an oxy addict, this is not a success story

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

NtotheTC posted:

Stoffel is 22nd, only ahead of two guys who have only done 1 race each. He has zero points. Of his 4 starts he has crashed twice and finished well out of the points twice.
How does this happen anyway? Didn't he easily win GP2 championships? But I guess that makes him a GP2 driver

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

How does this happen anyway? Didn't he easily win GP2 championships? But I guess that makes him a GP2 driver

He’s cursed, it’s the only answer

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

freeranger posted:

I'm a long term Mclaren fan... I will allow it :D

The big question is, do I get 2019 McLaren gear or 2019 Renault gear cuz big Nando left and I like Our Dan. :confuoot:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
There's more at play than 'lol waffles poo poo,' Wehrlein is in Mahindra, a well established team with very good past performance, and a car that looks to be one of the best in the grid. Vandoorne is in a beans new team still getting used to their car, doesn't have a factory effort behind it (yet, HWA will be Mercedes next year) and formula e strategy. However, I think VAN has made a lot of mistakes so far this season, and he's paid by scoring none points, and wehrlein has performed excellently, even after missing the first race because of contract issues

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
oh poo poo. if "chills.jpg" was a shirt

https://www.mclarenstore.com/stores...%26-polo-shirts

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

They picked the wrong photo of Alonso

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

The big question is, do I get 2019 McLaren gear or 2019 Renault gear cuz big Nando left and I like Our Dan. :confuoot:

Renault's new merch is made by Le Coq Sportif and is probably going to kick rear end

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Big Huski Boi posted:

Renault's new merch is made by Le Coq Sportif and is probably going to kick rear end

idk who that is but their yellow polo looks pretty boss. i just can't read their stupid webstore because it's in a dumb language i can't read.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

Le coq is insanely boring so it’ll be a perfect fit

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Oh dear Pierre...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My kart apparel this year is provided by Commes Des Garçon

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
It's gonna own so hard when Fartly fucks up at RB and Kvyat gets promoted up to RB from TR and then schools the gently caress outta Shitcrappen :ck5:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Verstappen is actually insanely good OP

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GramCracker posted:

It's gonna own so hard when Fartly fucks up at RB and Kvyat gets promoted up to RB from TR and then schools the gently caress outta Shitcrappen :ck5:
I only wish. #forzadaniil Launch the Soviet Torpedo :ussr:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Khablam posted:

let me put this in terms you might comprehend. verstappen doesn't even come close to being considered a step stool in the world of formula 1 ladders

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Khablam posted:

Finally someone who speaks sense in here

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
gasly to torro rosso confirmed

see: https://streamable.com/c7kvu

welcome 2 Clown Town fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 28, 2019

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Khablam posted:

If by good you mean criminal and subhuman

Lou Takki posted:

Finally someone who speaks sense in here
If by sense you mean morally bereft lunacy

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Cursed Image

https://twitter.com/Max33Verstappen/status/1101175489014697985

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The face of child abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

gasly to torro rosso confirmed

see: https://streamable.com/c7kvu

Something clearly gives out at the rear of the car. I'm not sure there would have been anything Gasly could have done.