Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

boat bombs is alliterative at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Ireland will stop the botes

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Jose posted:

They know they aren't. They want to sell off what they can and profit from it

if you behave like you don't know the realities and talk like you don't know and posture like you don't know then i'd say the difference is academic

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

The British empire collapsed years ago you weirdos.

Jesus loving christ my council keeps trying to reduce rubbish collection to once a month and you think we have an empire. PISS.

I will not be satisfied until every rocky island and every sandspiit as something other than (U.K) after its name on a map

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Brexit will reignite the troubles Cod Wars

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

alphabettitouretti posted:

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1100847652332335109

Galaxy brained idea from the telegraphs chief political correspondent.

Am I wrong or has the £39bn payout to the EU got gently caress all to do with the Brexit deal? I thought that's what the UK owes to various EU-related schemes that it's legally bound to pay regardless - kinda like if you try to get out of a 12-month contract after 6 months you still gotta pay off the remaining balance.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

what if Brexit doesn't actually mean Brexit?!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Elevator Screamer posted:

Am I wrong or has the £39bn payout to the EU got gently caress all to do with the Brexit deal? I thought that's what the UK owes to various EU-related schemes that it's legally bound to pay regardless - kinda like if you try to get out of a 12-month contract after 6 months you still gotta pay off the remaining balance.

Yeah, basically. But unlike people, who can get sued and collected on, the UK is a state and is therefore able to just not pay their commitments. Will probably not play well for their negotiating position post-Brexit, but I kinda expect them to get a rebate on those 39bn ultimately.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

alphabettitouretti posted:

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1100847652332335109

Galaxy brained idea from the telegraphs chief political correspondent.

alternative simples idea: pull the plug in the bottom of the island and let albion sink into the sea

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Randler posted:

Yeah, basically. But unlike people, who can get sued and collected on, the UK is a state and is therefore able to just not pay their commitments. Will probably not play well for their negotiating position post-Brexit, but I kinda expect them to get a rebate on those 39bn ultimately.

Lol no. The EU will get that money come hell or high water. Apart from anything else, the UK have agreed to pay it in the political declaration that noted idiot David Davies negotiated and signed without understanding what it meant.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I think it should be much more but any extra money/directorships /telegraph articles should be banned

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

What does a minister of fisheries do, and why did the minister resign lol

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

El Perkele posted:

if you behave like you don't know the realities and talk like you don't know and posture like you don't know then i'd say the difference is academic

Thing is they behave like they know because the rich and powerful are divesting their own assets from the UK so they can gently caress out of the ruins

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

HiHo ChiRho posted:

What does a minister of fisheries do, and why did the minister resign lol

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1101130723405250566?s=19

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Who among ye English braggarts has the strength of will and the purity of spirit to pull the BoJo from the stone?
For he who does will rule over great, perfidious Albion.

And no take backsies.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

His name is "Defra"?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

prefect posted:

His name is "Defra"?

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jose posted:

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

Whoops. :blush:

I'm normally cool with not uppercasing acronyms when they get beyond three or four letters, but maybe that's not so great all the time. :)

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
defranitely:dadjoke:

Avirosb posted:

Pokemon Leave Green vs. Pokemon Redmain

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

meanwhile all your teachers and police and emergency services people can't get cost of living adjustment raises lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Regarde Aduck posted:

Jesus loving christ my council keeps trying to reduce rubbish collection to once a month and you think we have an empire. PISS.

so you should be ok with giving up the Malvinas and NI then

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Seeing Gammons/Wutrentner get their sweet comeuppance is the only thing in life that gives me any kind of happiness/erections anymore and you can not take this from me. I NEED Brexit, please

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Infamous bounty hunter Defra Quango, last sighted in the Bre’xit system.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Both of those places want to be part of the UK.

The fools.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

what about that incest rape island out near Micronesia or whatever, how will brexit effect them

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

all of the British olds kicked out of the EU rushing to Gibraltar at breakneck speed

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

Victory Position posted:

all of the British olds kicked out of the EU rushing to Gibraltar at breakneck speed

I've been to Gibraltar and I don't know why anyone would want to rush there, I'd describe it like a giant tax free Wetherspoons but somehow the menu selection is worse. Come to think of it everyone I saw there looked a bit like Tim Martin.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

I think it should be much more but any extra money/directorships /telegraph articles should be banned

They should get the national minimum wage. If they want to be paid more they can raise the minimum wage.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

we should go further and give up Scotland, the channel islands and the Isle of Mann, and the Shetlands and Orkney.

and Cornwall, in fact Cornwall can be first.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Frog Act posted:

what about that incest rape island out near Micronesia or whatever, how will brexit effect them

uh britain is quite far from micronesia???

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Oh man can't wait to see the Pokemon IRA characters.

They're gonna make a corgi pokemon, it's gonna have a big evolution, and I'm going to get to defeat the Queen.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Regarde Aduck posted:

our council announced last year that households weren't allowed to put out more than one black back per week for general rubbish. They didn't say what type of bag though so we found ones that could hold 6 regular bin bags and just used them. Anyway, rubbish was piling up in the streets after a month and they gave up on that idea.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kemikalkadet posted:

our council announced last year that households weren't allowed to put out more than one black back per week for general rubbish.

loving lol

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

have you considered producing less waste?

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
yeah jesus like try recycling a thing.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
one bag a week isn't really that much depending on how large a household is?

are we talking like a kitchen trash bag???

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

one bag a week isn't really that much depending on how large a household is?

are we talking like a kitchen trash bag???

We got a glass bin, a paper bin, a plastic bin and a food bin. Good luck filling a black landfill bag after that. Basically reserved for broken poo poo and the odd bit of grease-covered tinfoil

I presume it's different in England?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Mackers posted:

I presume it's different in England?

Yeah, basically all the garbage gets pooled over there.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Frog Act posted:

I believe you are referring to the Crown Dependency of the Pitcairn Islands, which is already out of the EU, as are all crown dependencies besides Gibraltar. The approximately 50 people who live there, descendents of the mutinous crew of the HMS bounty and their tahitian bride slave, despite being famous for their rampant incest and sexual abuse, each approximately are subsized to the tune of roughly ~£100k per person per year. Some part of that money is currently coming from the EU. It has been assumed that the UK will take over all the payments itself now, but it hasn't been widely discussed.

More screwed are the Baliwicks of Jersey and Guernsey that make up the Channel Islands off the coast of France. Much of their economy is fish based and much of their fish goes to the EU. Although they are not in the EU, when the UK pulls out of the EU, the legal framework for the relationship of the Islands with the EU (known as "Protocol 3" goes down the toilet. The will have to renegotiate this with the EU themselves. Historically the UK had more say in the foreign relations of the island but they are becoming more independent in recent decades. They still however swear allegiance to the Queen.