Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
trope subverted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Brother Entropy posted:

and much like TLJ you ultimately didn't subvert anything

Yeah I dunno. I feel like using the word trigger in 2019 is pretty awful but whatevs.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah I dunno. I feel like using the word trigger in 2019 is pretty awful but whatevs.

Yeah, that word is like snowflake or virtue signaling, they're scarlet letters for chuds these days.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

CelticPredator posted:

As long as it keeps outing the racist dumb people who really think cutting up toys will stick it to...someone, I'm all for it. Let's ignite the chuds.

The show will examine the extraordinary heroic origins of stunning and brave Rose Tico as she seeks out answers about the dark side of the force from her estranged father, Nute Gunray.

A Star Wars Story.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
Atleast I can fantisize about a KOTOR trilogy by the GOT guys, but then again I'd rather not, least it turn out like their show.

TLJ will age like wine in the sense that it turns into vinegar. I like this movie less and less.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

The only good parts from TFA were Han and Chewy running around like in the OT. Then they killed off Han.

What did you expect from TLJ? It’s not good but if anything it’s on a par with the PT.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Weavered posted:

It’s not good but if anything it’s on a par with the PT.

Nah, not having that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
TLJ at least tries harder than TFA, I'll give it that. TLJ is desperate (uncomfortably so) to surprise and entertain you; TFA is just "here's your Star Wars you like so much, you loving children, stuff it in your stupid fat face"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Which is what people want.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

General Dog posted:

TLJ at least tries harder than TFA, I'll give it that. TLJ is desperate (uncomfortably so) to surprise and entertain you; TFA is just "here's your Star Wars you like so much, you loving children, stuff it in your stupid fat face"

It's not desperate to entertain you. It anticlimax's multiple times and provides nothing as a subsitute for the climax because Rian Johnson is a sheltered rich rear end in a top hat who wants to be deep.
I had enough of that anticlimax fizzle-out poo poo in the same of subversion when Homestuck ended.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Hemingway To Go! posted:

It's not desperate to entertain you. It anticlimax's multiple times and provides nothing as a subsitute for the climax because Rian Johnson is a sheltered rich rear end in a top hat who wants to be deep.
I had enough of that anticlimax fizzle-out poo poo in the same of subversion when Homestuck ended.

the climax is luke saddling up one last time to own the nephew he almost murdered and save everyone

like, it's not a GOOD climax but it's there

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...after-Last-Jedi

Rian Johnson messed up Luke so bad Disney reached out to George Lucas himself to fix him in episode 9?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Slutitution posted:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...after-Last-Jedi

Rian Johnson messed up Luke so bad Disney reached out to George Lucas himself to fix him in episode 9?

Ya ok, did this come before or after they liked what he was doing so much that they announced he was being given the go ahead to do his own trilogy?

loving internet. Star Wars "rumors" in any form are the worst.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

General Dog posted:

TLJ is literally "heres some poo poo from the OT you liked only worse" x10

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
The only rumour I believe is the one that said IX is going to end on a cliffhanger immediately setting up more movies.

Well that and Luke saying to Rey "No, you are my father!"

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

wyoming posted:

The only rumour I believe is the one that said IX is going to end on a cliffhanger immediately setting up more movies.

There's a rumor going around Disney wants to milk Star Wars until there's nothing left. Y/N?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Slutitution posted:

There's a rumor going around Disney wants to milk Star Wars until there's nothing left. Y/N?

big if true

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What was the point of Luke dying if he's going still be around and serve the exact same mentor function he served before? Just so he can pop up and troll Kylo Ren (a living monument to his failed legacy) whenever he wants?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

General Dog posted:

What was the point of Luke dying if he's going still be around and serve the exact same mentor function he served before? Just so he can pop up and troll Kylo Ren (a living monument to his failed legacy) whenever he wants?

So they can have ghosts (plural) like the OT you know and love.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I want Luke haunting Kylo Ren and trolling the absolute hell out of him

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's JJ so it's a RotJ remake, Luke won't have time to do anything but sit on a log and mutter some exposition. But even though he's now a barely-repentant child abuser and sovcit, he's a thing people recognize so everyone will clap

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Vinylshadow posted:

This is all I want from Episode IX. Just Luke being a mega-dick to Kylo Ren and Kylo can't get rid of him because he's a goddamn ghost.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

This is all I want from Episode IX. Just Luke being a mega-dick to Kylo Ren and Kylo can't get rid of him because he's a goddamn ghost.

To be fair it's not like the ST could get any dumber.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Just pretend I posted that pic of a dude with lightsabers coming out of his elbows and knees, or the one of Han Solo fighting an otter as a rebuttal

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Vinylshadow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdS2kCUGvfo

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

That Luke taunted Kylo at all was a disaster. This is a deeply troubled person whom Luke utterly failed as a teacher, uncle and friend

There’s a reason Obi-wan wasn’t throwing out quips at Anakin on Mustafar

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It strikes me that force-ghost Anakin, who died to save his son's life in one flash of goodness, would have harsh words for that son who himself died to spite the nephew he abused. I want a Luke v Anakin v Kylo lightsaber duel that Rey witnesses as Kylo just flipping out in a void.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

McCloud posted:

Just pretend I posted that pic of a dude with lightsabers coming out of his elbows and knees, or the one of Han Solo fighting an otter as a rebuttal

I got you fam

bonus horsehead xwing pilot

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Don't forget the best of Wookieepedia.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Luuuke Skywalker is literally an April Fool's Joke.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
That in no way invalidates it being the best thing written on Wookipedia

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Bojack Horseman season 6 looking lit

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Expected https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Breast

or https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mouse_(sentient_species)

But my favorite silly star wars thing of all time is still C-3PX, an evil and perpetually heavily armed doppelganger of C-3P0

that or the moffrence

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

HookedOnChthonics posted:

that or the moffrence

Dark Greetings everyone.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

there's an uncomfortable laugh in every fan wiki that describes obvious jokes with the po-faced encyclopedic seriousness

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I got you fam

bonus horsehead xwing pilot

Yeeesss :hfive:

....why is there a wookiepedia entry for spoons?! Do these nerds not know what a spoon is?

I can, however, totally understand that they wouldn't know what breasts are.

McCloud fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 4, 2019

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Waffles Inc. posted:

That Luke taunted Kylo at all was a disaster. This is a deeply troubled person whom Luke utterly failed as a teacher, uncle and friend

There’s a reason Obi-wan wasn’t throwing out quips at Anakin on Mustafar

I think Luke/Kylo confrontation was supposed to mirror Darth Vader/Obi-Wan re-match in ANH though, where Obi-Wan shows similar disregard for his part in Anakin's turn to the dark side. Similarly to Obi-Wan, Luke's first instinct upon learning that his apprentice has dark side affiliation was to murder him (with the difference being of course that Kylo hasn't actually turned yet and also didn't kill any children yet).

That being said, the movie presents Luke dunking on Kylo as a triumph for the good guys and a redemption for Luke which is wrong.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Luuuke Skywalker is literally an April Fool's Joke.

I asked Zahn why he did the silly "Luuke" thing in the first place, and he said it was because he didn't feel like typing *clone* Luke over and over. So at least there was a legitimately lazy reason for the original naming convention.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s not murder if you believe in the force. Which he’s a Jedi so and the force exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

McCloud posted:

....why is there a wookiepedia entry for spoons?! Do these nerds not know what a spoon is?

I can, however, totally understand that they wouldn't know what breasts are.

Much like the mindset is there to provide backstories for absolutely anyone shown on screen, it's there for pretty much any thing on screen.

I will concede that it's funny as all hell when playing SWTOR to bring up wookiepedia's being so sorry it's got a page about tits and seeing who gets their jimmies rustled insisting it's a needed informational page.