Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

elise the great posted:

My husband pointed out that even the “unedited” photos are still laden with HDR. You’re not gonna get bright, detailed exterior views AND bright, detailed interior views without some compositing work.

Unless it’s a render.

My phone'll take a few photos at multiple exposures and autocomposite, and a lot of phones do fancy software tricks these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Bad Munki posted:

You don't understaaaaaaand

That's so, so good :discourse:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So he bought what the tiling contractor said hook line and sinker huh?

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
really proud of this man and his collaboration with Maingear to create a bathroom with an aesthetic matching his PC

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And yeah the edited photos look 'wrong' because he didn't just do up the colors, he did some kind of hosed up brightness curve that looped back on itself somewhere along the line, so the light sources like the lighting on the mirror or the lens flares or the dappling on the floor has a weird dark valley halfway through the gradient. Look at the light sources:

And compare raw ones without hosed up editing:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

hmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmm

:thunk:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

kastein posted:

Wait, 8x10 solid? That's uhh, large. Like very little space in between the sistered beams and joists large. Can you post a pic? I can see how this would fix the problem but I'm not sure how they would attach to the engineered I beams.

I scanned through most of the last however many pages since he posted that and you're the only one who seems to have noticed that....

Seriously, 8X10 beams? 15 feet long?
He'd need the space in between the cut joists and the 8x10s to add more joists to hold those fuckers up.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mormonpartyboat posted:

hmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmm

:lol:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

mormonpartyboat posted:

hmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Wonky tiling will help to highlight, via contrast, just how STRAIGHT this man is when standing nude in his bathroom waiting for those hordes of females to come scrambling through his door wall hole

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

I scanned through most of the last however many pages since he posted that and you're the only one who seems to have noticed that....

Seriously, 8X10 beams? 15 feet long?
He'd need the space in between the cut joists and the 8x10s to add more joists to hold those fuckers up.

They just have to span from one load bearing wall to another. As long as the room is 15' in the direction that the joists span, it's conceivable to slide them in place but the surrounding subfloor would have to be removed, plus you'd likely have to move a bunch of MEPs. Sistering in the 8'x10'x15' is without a doubt the majority of the 23k he spent to fix his screw up

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
who the gently caress is scraeming "TOILET PICS" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never show my toilet

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mormonpartyboat posted:

hmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmm

part of that might just be his floor not being perfectly flat

because, say, he sawed through load-bearing beams and had to redo the support entirely, or just because it wasn't perfectly flat to begin with

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's actually just lens distortion. You can see it across all the horizontals.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
all that HDR bullshitting in lightroom and u forget to check the "fix the fucky lens" box

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

American McGay posted:

It's actually just lens distortion. You can see it across all the horizontals.

nah, all the other horizontals in the same picture are straight

the only other bent line i can find in the picture's the red wall on the far right, but that's bowing into the center of the shot and not away from it

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

"Where are the red toilets!" He screamed as he slammed his head against the wall repeatedly, "I saw them on the internet!"

"Sir, please." The employee pleaded, "This is a Best Buy."

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mormonpartyboat posted:

hmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Uhhh did that engineer he hired actually fix those joists properly :ohdear:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Three Olives posted:

Honestly I am kind of amazed that plastic pebbles exist, like what is the use case? Actual pebbles are already cheap and durable.

Maybe they glow in the dark? Glow in the dark plastic pebbles would be super cool. No need for candles when the females want a romantic bath, just charge up the pebbles to bathe the room in a sinister glow.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

They just have to span from one load bearing wall to another. As long as the room is 15' in the direction that the joists span, it's conceivable to slide them in place but the surrounding subfloor would have to be removed, plus you'd likely have to move a bunch of MEPs. Sistering in the 8'x10'x15' is without a doubt the majority of the 23k he spent to fix his screw up

You probably have a better idea than most of us but I really doubt this was just 23k.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

notice that although laying tile to make the cutout not terrible is absolutely impossible the tiles in this shot are centered well in a pleasing way

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
in conclusion, tiling is a land of contrasts

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Akett posted:

Y'know, you could put glass over the rocks and not have to worry about cleaning them.

That's actually a neat idea

I actually kinda like the pebbles aesthetic but glass solves the cleaning problem. There's still the slip and fall issue BUT you shouldn't be stepping there due to the slope of the tub.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

That's actually a neat idea

I actually kinda like the pebbles aesthetic but glass solves the cleaning problem. There's still the slip and fall issue BUT you shouldn't be stepping there due to the slope of the tub.

the pebbles aesthetic is for declaring you're rich enough to do something that is a pain in the rear end and pay someone else to deal with it being a pain in the rear end

glass over it would be the epitome of Trump Brand Luxury

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Source4Leko posted:

You probably have a better idea than most of us but I really doubt this was just 23k.

The price he quoted in the old thread did not include interior finishes, it was just to correct his novice mistakes and rough-in. So I'd guess he spent roughly 10-15k more on tile, wallpaper, paint, fixtures. $40+k in context for a master bath in a suburban tract house is a lot of money - approaching double or more than if he had just done it right from the start

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Facebook Aunt posted:

Maybe they glow in the dark? Glow in the dark plastic pebbles would be super cool. No need for candles when the females want a romantic bath, just charge up the pebbles to bathe the room in a sinister glow.

greasing up and sliding into my pebble bed j/o reactor's sarcophagus to surprise the missus

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mormonpartyboat posted:

hmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
OP does the toilet have red LED lights in it I must know

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

mormonpartyboat posted:

hmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmm

To be completely fair here, these could be due to the lens of the phone / angle the camera was taken. It's surprisingly easy to straight lines to appear curved, parallel lines to appear misaligned, etc if you're not standing straight-on with a subject while taking a photo.

That being said, enough other poo poo is hosed up in this doom bathroom that it's very possible.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Someone post the socks.

The ones with Swarovski crystals embedded in them, engineered "for ladies."

Late to the party but https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871254

bEatmstrJ posted:

My cousin had a problem with her no-show socks slipping off her feet all the time so she decided to do something about it. A few years later, Hidey Socks was born. Together, my cousin and I created no-show socks that won't slip off your feet, then decided to make them even more awesome by adding genuine Swarovski crystals for extra bling. After being a member of this fine community for so long I decided I would like to give back a little so we are offering a 30% discount on all orders when you enter coupon code SAGOONS at checkout in addition to FREE shipping for orders over $20.

Hidey Socks:
- Contain a gel section in the heel for added comfort
- Are made from breathable bamboo fiber to reduce odors
- Have an ankle strap to prevent slipping
- Have a 100% satisfaction guarantee

These attention grabbing socks are a great gift for your wife, girlfriend or family members and can really transform a pair of shoes into something new.
And for the guys we also have no-show ankle socks without all the bling.

Go to https://hideysocks.com
Enter promo code: SAGOONS
Enjoy your 30% discount and FREE shipping for orders over $20

Please reach out if you have any questions!

Mens socks:

they are $30 a pair lol

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

To be completely fair here, these could be due to the lens of the phone / angle the camera was taken. It's surprisingly easy to straight lines to appear curved, parallel lines to appear misaligned, etc if you're not standing straight-on with a subject while taking a photo.

That being said, enough other poo poo is hosed up in this doom bathroom that it's very possible.

Does the thread want my take on this? I feel like I'm posting too much, but I can give a reasonable explanation

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

strange when the adjective used is 'uninteresting'

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Does the thread want my take on this? I feel like I'm posting too much, but I can give a reasonable explanation

gently caress it, do it. It's not like we're getting toilet pics soon or anything, so from here on out it's just combing through the already posted photos for more subtle dumbassery.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Would you rather have THIS bathroom or 1,500 pairs of Hidey Socks?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

Minas Mortub, lair of the Witch King of Bathmar

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Does the thread want my take on this?

hell yeah

i just figured it was some of the curve for the shower floor bleeding out but vOv i dont know poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

evilweasel posted:

the pebbles aesthetic is for declaring you're rich enough to do something that is a pain in the rear end and pay someone else to deal with it being a pain in the rear end

ding

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

nah your posts are great, especially for us non-pros. still trying to hammer out how the joist fix works

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

actual knowledge on how this poo poo is supposed to work is great because it makes the failures even funnier

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LMAO GET THE gently caress OUTTTTTTTTT

It's that guy???? holy gently caress, DIY forum is beautiful

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

MikeJF posted:

My phone'll take a few photos at multiple exposures and autocomposite, and a lot of phones do fancy software tricks these days.

I mean, I don’t think it’s a render, it would be agonizingly difficult to make a render with that many lovely little imprecise details. It’s just that we haven’t yet seen a photo that wasn’t heavily fixed up. I bet that bathroom is so dim and confusingly lit, it looks like a basement in Morrowind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elise the great posted:

I mean, I don’t think it’s a render, it would be agonizingly difficult to make a render with that many lovely little imprecise details. It’s just that we haven’t yet seen a photo that wasn’t heavily fixed up. I bet that bathroom is so dim and confusingly lit, it looks like a basement in Morrowind.
He willingly designed that bathroom so I think it's safe to assume he's got a few screws loose when it comes to visuals. The "unedited" pics he posted were probably still edited for exposure and saturation because his brain is broken and he thinks it looks good and also has an unending desire for acceptance and validation from anonymous others.