Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Paladinus posted:

I still can't get over the fact that it's not a render, but something that exists in our reality. My brain refuses to process it properly. Parts of those photos look like something from Skyrim with bloom turned way-way up. Can this still be fake, and just slightly touched-up to give a semblance of believability?
He hosed with his digital camera settings really hard, it was a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Antivehicular posted:

I still can't get over the single tiny bathmat you have to move whenever you use the tub, because apparently he couldn't find a plain red shag bathmat that was any bigger or, God forbid, put down two, since it would obviously ruin the whole aesthetic?

So you have to walk over to the showers to get a towel after a bath? Is that the only place to hang them?

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

WrenP-Complete posted:

He's having a full-on meltdown and trying to gotcha people's totally normal bathrooms now.

But, you see, he is certainly not owned though.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

oystertoadfish posted:

I'm gonna just openly beg for the story behind the loving rock pile under the tub. do real people bathrooms have rocks around the tub? how deep do the rocks go? is it really just a matter of this guy spilling water into a gravel matrix inhabited by an entire ecosystem and figuring it's not a problem if he doesn't have to towel it up?

I assume he wouldn't even use the stupid tub with his shower tho

He doesn't want to use this bathroom, this bathroom is because :females: control housing purchases and SWOON when they see a bathroom like that.

His actual reasons.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I realized what the red makes it look like: a Mirror's Edge room

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bad analogy since ain't nothing getting jumped in that bathroom.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I almost feel bad for the guy but he is making it so much worse

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

turns out the rocks are plastic rocks

also he says he rarely uses the tub so I guess :shrug:

using little areas of rocks does have an use in interior design. I've seen like, clear glass vases full of rocks that you stick some sticks or a bamboo plant into, and I've seen bathrooms with a sort of japanese garden motif where there's areas of rocks like you might have in an outdoor garden area, but I suspect they're always temporary until the owner gets sick of trying to keep them clean... or for people who have maids who have to keep them clean.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The more he talks the more I think a $30k estimate might be far too low.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's straight up Build Engine, the shop with duke nukem in was spot on

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's a level from one of those mid-90s FMV point-and-click adventure games.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's a level from one of those mid-90s FMV Flash point-and-click adventure games.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Last Chance posted:

i was just gonna say something about the drat rock pile. bath looks uncomforatble enough, but then you have to get out and either a) step over the rocks and possibly slip or b) put one foot on rocks and walk out. i personally don't like standing on rocks

They're plastic oh my god plastic white rocks

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

sneakyfrog posted:

someone post the pantydropper in ladychat for proper feedback from its intended audience holy gently caress

Women gave him feedback in the original thread and his response to that wasn't good. It's what prompted TB to create the current one.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Someone post his bedroom he designed. Because it looks like a two star hotel that's trying to be fancy.

It has a set of cabinets inexplicably in the shape of a sewing machine on the wall.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

xcheopis posted:

Women gave him feedback in the original thread and his response to that wasn't good. It's what prompted TB to create the current one.

I texted pics to my wife and she just said MY EYES MY EYES

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

sebmojo posted:

I texted pics to my wife and she just said MY EYES MY EYES

Solid chance I would have thought that the colours were awesome when I was in my early twenties. But that was in the 1980s. And other women have already covered the other issues.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I'd have more sympathy if he hadn't done a "we've had enough of experts" when given a lot of good constructive criticism in the first thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bad analogy since ain't nothing getting jumped in that bathroom.
On the other hand if a woman ever enters it she'll be trying to get out before she's cornered.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Wait wait wait wait wait wait

That's WALLPAPER and not tile or stone?!?!?!?!

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Elephant Ambush posted:

Upside down glitter wallpaper

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yes. It will trap moisture, yes.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
The tile-looking grid stuff is tile, the damask print accent walls are wallpaper and not some kind of insanely impressive mosaic

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

waah posted:

The contractor definitely slapped on a “I hate working with this guy” surcharge.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

waah posted:

That was just for the floor joist repair.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Oh so the 30k was just to fix an intentional fuckup, gotcha.

:psyduck:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

bEatmstrJ posted:

Now that you've all forgotten, I guess I can post these.

I tie a plastic ice pack around my face and commence with the morning's stretching exercises. Afterwards I stand in front of a chrome and acrylic Washmobile bathroom sink - with soap dish, cup holder, and railings that serve as towel bars, which I bought at Hastings Tile to use while the marble sinks I ordered from Finland are being sanded - and stare at my reflection with the ice pack still on. I pour some Plax antiplaque formula into a stainless-steel tumbler and swish it around my mouth for thirty seconds.

Then I squeeze Rembrandt onto a faux- tortoiseshell toothbrush and start brushing my teeth (too hung over to floss properly - but maybe I flossed before bed last night?) and rinse with Listerine. Then I inspect my hands and use a nailbrush. I take the ice-pack mask off and use a deep-pore cleanser lotion, then an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I check my toenails. Then I use the Probright tooth polisher and next the Interplak tooth polisher (this in addition to the toothbrush) which has a speed of 4200 rpm and reverses direction forty-six times per second; the larger tufts clean between teeth and massage the gums while the short ones scrub the tooth surfaces. I rinse again, with Cepacol. I wash the facial massage off with a spearmint face scrub.
The shower has a universal all-directional shower head that adjusts within a thirty-inch vertical range. It's made from Australian gold-black brass and covered with a white enamel finish. In the shower I use first a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Vidal Sassoon shampoo is especially good at getting rid of the coating of dried perspiration, salts, oils, airborne pollutants and dirt that can weigh down hair and flatten it to the scalp which can make you look older. The conditioner is also good - silicone technology permits conditioning benefits without weighing down the hair which can also make you look older.

On weekends or before a date I prefer to use the Greune Natural Revitalizing Shampoo, the conditioner and the Nutrient Complex. These are formulas that contain D-panthenol, a vitamin-B-complex factor; polysorbate 80, a cleansing agent for the scalp; and natural herbs. Over the weekend I plan to go to Bloomingdale's or Bergdorf's and on Evelyn's advice pick up a Foltene European Supplement and Shampoo for thinning hair which contains complex carbohydrates that penetrate the hair shafts for improved strength and shine. Also the Vivagen Hair Enrichment Treatment, a new Redken product that prevents mineral deposits and prolongs the life cycle of hair. Luis Carruthers recommended the Aramis Nutriplexx system, a nutrient complex that helps increase circulation.

Once out of the shower and toweled dry I put the Ralph Lauren boxers back on and before applying the Mousse A Raiser, a shaving cream by Pour Hommes, I press a hot towel against my face for two minutes to soften abrasive beard hair. Then I always slather on a moisturizer (to my taste, Clinique) and let it soak in for a minute. You can rinse it off or keep it on and apply a shaving cream over it - preferably with a brush, which softens the beard as it lifts the whiskers - which I've found makes removing the hair easier. It also helps prevent water from evaporating and reduces friction between your skin and the blade. Always wet the razor with warm water before shaving and shave in the direction the beard grows, pressing gently on the skin. Leave the sideburns and chin for last, since these whiskers are tougher and need more time to soften. Rinse the razor and shake off any excess water before starting. Afterwards splash cool water on the face to remove any trace of lather. You should use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol. Never use cologne on your face, since the high alcohol content dries your face out and makes you look older. One should use an alcohol-free antibacterial toner with a water-moistened cotton ball to normalize the skin.

Applying a moisturizer is the final step. Splash on water before applying an emollient lotion to soften the skin and seal in the moisture. Next apply Gel Appaisant, also made by Pour Hommes, which is an excellent, soothing skin lotion. If the face seems dry and flaky - which makes it look dull and older - use a clarifying lotion that removes flakes and uncovers fine skin (it can also make your tan look darker). Then apply an anti-aging eye balm (Baume Des Yeux) followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion. A scalp-programming lotion is used after I towel my hair dry. I also lightly blow-dry the hair to give it body and control (but without stickiness) and then add more of the lotion, shaping it with a Kent natural- bristle brush, and finally slick it back with a wide-tooth comb.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

oystertoadfish posted:

I'm gonna just openly beg for the story behind the loving rock pile under the tub. do real people bathrooms have rocks around the tub? how deep do the rocks go? is it really just a matter of this guy spilling water into a gravel matrix inhabited by an entire ecosystem and figuring it's not a problem if he doesn't have to towel it up?

I assume he wouldn't even use the stupid tub with his shower tho

Hot tubs sit nicely on a gravel bed, if the ground has adequate drainage. Which means it works ok outside, not so much inside.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I may be recalling the last time it came up but am I the only one immediately identifying various edges and corners to inevitably bang your shins on?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

xcheopis posted:

Solid chance I would have thought that the colours were awesome when I was in my early twenties. But that was in the 1980s. And other women have already covered the other issues.
Throw a Nagel on the wall and put on some Huey Lewis and the News and it just might work.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I’M ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE EDGE

AND I’M ABOUT TO BATHE

that bathroom is what happens when your entire personal aesthetic is informed by Minecraft and Oblivion. painfully naive, yet suffocatingly macho. I liked the VtM shop, it really nailed down the badly designed boogie sex club look. the BM Lodge was also perfect

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Found the soundtrack for this area of the level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCq0P509UL4

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

FactsAreUseless posted:

He hosed with his digital camera settings really hard, it was a bad idea.

It's the first time in history a loving bathroom has managed to land in the uncanny valley.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

xcheopis posted:

I didn't think it could get any worse. LMAO.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

xcheopis posted:

Stop talking about females like that!!!

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Stop talking about females like that!!!

Uh, I'm sorry, but those of us who've studied our :biotruths: are well aware that :females: are basically like sponges, which is why they belong in the kitchen doing the cleaning.
:goonsay:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

The_White_Crane posted:

Uh, I'm sorry, but those of us who've studied our :biotruths: are well aware that :females: are basically like sponges, which is why they belong in the kitchen doing the cleaning.
:goonsay:

I would argue with you, but it's not my place. Tee-hee! *Baby splooshes out* Ooooh, get that for me, would you, Deirdre?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

A gentle reminder that BeatMastrJ also tried selling $30 ankle socks on SA-Mart that were also :females: approved

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871254

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Snow Cone Capone posted:

A gentle reminder that BeatMastrJ also tried selling $30 ankle socks on SA-Mart that were also :females: approved

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871254

I'm gonna give birth again from laughing so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I'm gonna give birth again from laughing so hard.

Ah, yes, the most hallowed move in motherhood martial arts: the cackle crown