Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I thought The Undead had an interesting premise and twist ending. If only it wasn't so...Corman.
Instead of focusing on the interesting part: a streetwise future lady helping her past life to escape being executed, unwittingly dooming herself, he chose to have people wander from set to set saying things at each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

Angry_Ed posted:

Have you seen some of the people who became US Senators? :v:

They are usually more evil than boring. It would be a much more interesting movie if he was scheming right back at her. As it is he's just hapless and they have no chemistry.

Simplex posted:

I think most of the movies they do aren't that far removed from being good movies. It's what makes the show and b movies in general fun. The only ones that are truly irredeemable are stuff like the red scare movies.

I used to think Monster A-Go-Go was the worst since its barely stitched together at all. After re-watching Invasion USA recently I decided it had to be that one. Its just straight fascist propaganda.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

JoeCL posted:

They are usually more evil than boring. It would be a much more interesting movie if he was scheming right back at her. As it is he's just hapless and they have no chemistry.

I used to think Monster A-Go-Go was the worst since its barely stitched together at all. After re-watching Invasion USA recently I decided it had to be that one. Its just straight fascist propaganda.
Invasion USA is one of my favorites, but the messages are all over the map. The capitalist is bad, the commies are bad, doing nothing is bad, taking action is bad, a cub is a small bear. The only clear message from the movie is that hypnotists are assholes and the Great Vorelli already taught us that.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

InsertPotPun posted:

Invasion USA is one of my favorites, but the messages are all over the map. The capitalist is bad, the commies are bad, doing nothing is bad, taking action is bad, a cub is a small bear. The only clear message from the movie is that hypnotists are assholes and the Great Vorelli already taught us that.

The capitalist was only bad because he was avoiding investing in the military industrial complex.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like how the capitalist wasn't making something frivolous like luxury cars or anything like that but tractors, a thing people need.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

JoeCL posted:

Between it and Rocket Attack USA I can never remember which one is "merely" xenophobic and which one is also racist

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

muscles like this! posted:

I like how the capitalist wasn't making something frivolous like luxury cars or anything like that but tractors, a thing people need.

Making tractors sounds suspiciously Five Year Plan-esque, comrade.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Simplex posted:

Between it and Rocket Attack USA I can never remember which one is "merely" xenophobic and which one is also racist

I always confuse the two as well!

What both films need is a good dose of RADAR

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Welcome to the 1950s, when America still had a factory-based economy so being a capitalist usually meant you actually loving made things or were in charge of people who did.

Seriously though, the whole plot of that movie kicked off because a journalist was polling his fellow boozehounds about a "universal draft" which would've seen people get assigned jobs at factories and shipyards and poo poo, which the film implies would be a good thing because Preparedness. That's a pretty loving drastic example of state-centralized economic planning. You know who does that sort of thing? Commies. Except I don't think even the Soviets went so far as to pre-select the average citizen's occupation!

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 27, 2019

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Jet Jaguar posted:

I always confuse the two as well!

What both films need is a good dose of RADAR

Like Moses at the rock, I had my first doubts about RADAR that day... :ohdear:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

You're deep, Ernie.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Operation Double 007 is one of my faves due to it completely ripping off a franchise I love although it's bad.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Was "Secret Agent Super Dragon" the one where they kept screaming the Bond theme?

"DA DA, DA DAAAAAAAA"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Davros1 posted:

Was "Secret Agent Super Dragon" the one where they kept screaming the Bond theme?

"DA DA, DA DAAAAAAAA"

Yeah, although I think that became a leitmotif for whenever they'd do a really boring spy flick (see also Agent From HARM).

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Rifftrax is doing another Kickstarter this year. They've already hit their funding goal and now they're just going for sheer number of backers. The more they get, the more bonus shorts they'll do, and every backer (even at the $1 level) gets all of them that they do. They've already got enough to unlock the first one in the list. Last year they easily got all ten, and I'd expect them to do the same this year.

3500 Backers - Warty, The Toad
3750 Backers - Rediscovery: Puppets
4000 Backers - Join Hands, Let Go!
4250 Backers - Clean and Neat with Harv and Marv
4500 Backers - Health: Your Posture
4750 Backers - You’re The Judge
5000 Backers - How To Keep a Job
5250 Backers - 10 Long Minutes
5500 Backers - The Day I Died
5750 Backers - Ghost Rider

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rifftrax/rifftrax-live-2019-three-great-movies-riffed-live

I'm off to kick them a buck.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Davros1 posted:

"DA DA, DA DAAAAAAAA"

Taking his niece to lunch. BADA BA DA DA DA-DAAAAAAA!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
You guys are thinking of Agent from H.A.R.M. I'm going to have to threaten you with the tiny sausage gun now.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Three hours of staring at the window finally pays off.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

The spaz chop and the pocket wound was just too much for the old man.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Turbinosamente posted:

You guys are thinking of Agent from H.A.R.M. I'm going to have to threaten you with the tiny sausage gun now.

It's a duel. Meet me at the judo range at 10.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Mokinokaro posted:

It's a duel. Meet me at the judo range at 10.

I'll have to remember to bring my Aikido rifle too.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Dawgstar posted:

You're deep, Ernie.

Toro, toro. Heh, just kidding.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Turbinosamente posted:

Are you coming or am I swimming alone?

Yes, and yes.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
White things! Get your white things!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

The spaz chop and the pocket wound was just too much for the old man.

I am MIGHTY ELDERLY MAN! :corsair:

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I love tom servo's new voice.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Turbinosamente posted:

"Top knot seems to be in flames, old trench!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wonder if Kevin passed the banner down to Baron.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Dawgstar posted:

I wonder if Kevin passed the banner down to Baron.

Kevin recently tweeted that he still has it in his office.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Kevin recently tweeted that he still has it in his office.

Baron will have to earn his own hate banner.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cross post from the Rifftrax thread but the latest RLM video is a breakdown of their tape library and quite a few of them have been featured on Rifftrax and MST3K so you get to see stuff like the boxart (along with alternate title) for Final Sacrifice.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Rifftrax has its own thread? How is there not a 100% overlap of posters and content?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

rydiafan posted:

Rifftrax has its own thread? How is there not a 100% overlap of posters and content?

Theyre in different forums tv/cinema.

And there are some people who really hate season 11/12 (not necessarily on SA)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

rydiafan posted:

They like Joel better :v:.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They like Joel better :v:.

TO WAR.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cross post from the Rifftrax thread but the latest RLM video is a breakdown of their tape library and quite a few of them have been featured on Rifftrax and MST3K so you get to see stuff like the boxart (along with alternate title) for Final Sacrifice.

This was the one carried by my local video store:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Davros1 posted:

lmao, that looks like an oddly manipulated image of Tibet's Potala Palace in the background?! Turns out the Ziox civilization sank so far into the Earth that they popped out on the other side.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Davros1 posted:

I love how no one on that cover remotely resembles the character they're representing.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Paper Kaiju posted:

I love how no one on that cover remotely resembles the character they're representing.

But it's the Rosdower that I see in my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Paper Kaiju posted:

That's how Troy sees himself and Rowsdower.