Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Tin Tim posted:

Btw, do npcs pick up items from the ground?

Nope! Starving bandits manage to beat you down to rummage in your inventory for food?

Drop it on the ground even while unconscious and they'll move on with a growling belly still.

I noticed this when I tried dropping food on the ground to distract them to escape because my burglar dude was hilariously overloaded with loot. Idiot fuckers ignored the floor foodcubes.

But then they ignored my everything else, too. So free toughness training!

And I vote to gently caress up every slaver. All hail the hiver and shek dominated future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Interesting! Does this also count for weapons? Would make my ninja looting a bit smoother if I actually don't have to do inventory-tetris with their weapons

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Dusting the Hub

We start with Lela holding a beaten up Dust Boss who has a bounty on his head. Dust bosses will randomly have some on their head, around 2k-2.5k Since Squin is close enough its not that out of the way to cash these bounties in.

At the gates of Squin there is a police tower that we can drop bounties off at.

Kaching. Something I forgot to mention, bounties will also give some relations with the faction we turn the bounties into. If there is any of the main factions we would get cozy with, its the only one that doesn't practice slavery.

While teching up we hit a roadblock in needing a good amount of science books. I really want to hit tech 5, so its time to hit some ruins.

We've discovered a few ruins while doing recruit runs into the swamps, I send our ninjas out there because they can naruto run past the blood spiders.

One of the ruins has several destroyed buildings laying around, but one single building is still up. The destroyed buildings have assorted materials laying around, nothing special.

The standing building has a really high leveled lock on it. Ibble and Lela have lockpick in the 70s and still this has a 25% chance success rate. Not that failing to pick a lock has any downside besides the next attempt taking slightly longer.

Its a library, not what I was hoping for. There is a single ancient science book in the library and a few maps. With how tough that lock was, I feel like I got owned.

There is another ruins further south that we head to.

And fantastic, its got bloodspiders hanging around it.

Cheating rear end bloodspiders who can detect people through walls :mad:

When the bloodspiders patrol away from the door we open it up and run inside of the ruins. Ruins have a basic layout shared among them all, the first floor often doesn't have a lot going on.

They have a bunch of containers that are usually empty. Pro strat is to click on them and see if it says [empty], so you don't waste time sending a character to open the container.

The second floors have a handful of crafting stations on them and may have some containers with some electrical components laying around.

The third floor is where the goodies typically are. It also is where the power generators for the building is at, so while the lights aren't mysteriously powered, the generators are mysteriously fueled :v:

One of the rooms will be full of various containers and locked safes. Something I want to bring up cause I didn't realize it during my first few ruin runs: There containers aren't one large stack that is a single container. No, each one is an individual container, for 8 containers total.

One of the safes is full of skeleton brains. Fantastic. They're worth a ton though, so we'll be taking these and just keep them hidden from our skeleton buddies.

Another safe has more different types of electronic equipment, from skeleton muscles (hydraulics), power sources and generator cores. Generator cores are extremely heavy, and these are what you would use to do serious strength training in the vanilla game. They fit in a small space so you can put a lot of them in your inventory.

However what I'm interested in this container is the science books, an exact 8.

Hitting tech level 5 we can research hydroponics. Well, we COULD research them if we had AI cores. AI cores are extremely rare items that are hard to find. We'll probably spend a long time searching ruins for these... but there is one place we can throw some money on.

I send CommisarMecha all the way back out to the scraphouse...

Where we can buy ourselves an AI core. These are not cheap, but you are guaranteed 3 of them to be for sale here. After researching hydroponics we'll then need to research each crop in hydroponics, which will cost us another 4 science books. The scraphouse also sells science books....

I buy a stationhouse back at the hub, these buildings are huge with a roof we can build on. I'll build hydroponics in here... though seeing how the update ends I kinda wasted time getting this big building.

As an aside, I've seen a few uniquely named NPCs running around here, I'm assuming these guys are added in reactive worlds? They fight hostiles and will yell for people to hide while they fight. Kumo here has some good attack, but shares the Holy Nation Outlaw's "trait" where they're always starving so he gets his stats weakened by that.

On top of the stormhouse I build up a weight bench. This is from a mod and it allows us to train strength without having to put heavy stuff on a character and make them run circles. It requires researching advance training dummies and will train our strength to 60. I do feel that 60 is pretty high for how low in the tech tree it is, I restrict myself to only training up to 30 strength.

While everyone trains up I start breaking into random Holy Nation stores and cracking into their safes.

Oh yeah, that'll do. Several standard grade chainmail shirts, which we can wear under our kickin rad drifter jackets.

Every night is like this, I bring Lela, Ibble and Noire into town and break into various safes, stealing any books, food and electrical components.

Back at the Hub I build a small wind turbine on the roof of our stationhouse... just for it to be considered in a no wind area for some reason, despite the regular wind turbine to the right getting wind. I have to deconstruct it and rebuild it in the center of the roof.

So wind turbines, wind will fluctuate speeds throughout the day and we can see what that speed is by prospecting. Wind turbines 1, which the city uses, maxes out at 50 power. The small turbine that I've built can only max out at 25 power, however it can hit that maximum with less wind speed. Also they can be built on roofs. There is a second version of the wind turbine that can hit a maximum of 100 power.

There is also fuel based generators, we can buy or steal fuel or create fuel with various crops. Having to remember to acquire more fuel to fill up the generator is kinda tedious and why I don't really bother with them.

More recruiting, again in the swamps, Ibble meets our next recruit.

: Welcome to the swamps! Land of the murder-rapist rear end in a top hat, land of the giant ugly-rear end goddamn spider! *drink smashes on the floor*

: ....

: I'm an ex-slave, ex-farmer before that actually. Can't forget m'roots now, can I? Managed to escape the Empire with my good friend, a commendable feat if I do say so m'self. *hiccup* poo poo, you ever seen one of those slave camps?

: Yes, actually

: Anyway, Swamplands seemed like our only choice, y'know, being branded slaves n' all... But we got attacked by spiders just short of the city. Sucked Ned's goddamn guts right out of him... Made it all this way, just to be killed by a goddamn oversized bug...

: That' terrible. I'm sorry.

: Sit down, why don't you? Have a drink with me, will ya?

: Sure, why not...

: You aint one of 'em, are you? One of these swamper assholes...

: Well, I-

: Whoa! Hey, you got real pretty eyes! Anyone ever told you that?

: Yeah, I know. Stare any longer and I'm gonna have to charge for it.

: Hey, that's MY job! Haha, well you aint gonna get a Cat outta me... still gotta pay my tab... I like you, you're alright. How about I come with you, back to your cave, nest... mhm... yeah, wherever the hell you came from we'll go there. Hey I'm pretty good with a shovel, I'll have you know... Just need to sober up with another sake, hang on...

: Sure. You could be entertaining to have around at least.

: Whew! So long, swamp suckers!

Satan's Onion starts with good farming skill and solid laboring. This is good as people with low farming skill will destroy crops when trying to harvest them, and even worse they'll do it slower. Guess who will be tending the hydroponics?

Though, urg... the wind fluctuations is causing some problems. If the power gets to low the plants in the hydroponics will stop growing.

I put up a second small windmill. Hydroponics use 10 power each, ignore the blueprints I was just trying to space out where to place everything. I set up a rice hydroponic and have plans for a greenfruit hydroponic.

We take a quick trip to Vain, the Hive lands. We need water for the hydroponics, and annoyingly there is no well access in town. And building a simple well outside of town will make it an outpost and we'll have to deal with all the problems with that. I do have a moisture farming mod that lets us build a condenser to get water in town... I forgot what the tech tree was to lean it and never bothered :v:

Vain, we actually showed up on a dry day. Typically it rains red rain here, which makes it hard to see cause of how harsh the rain is. Even though the rain, and that water, is red there is no threat from them.

Lots of Hivers wandering around, worker and soldier drones.

.... Lots of beak things too. After the Hiver mob kills them I take their delicious meat and skin.

: I will remain outside

: Whats the matter tinhead, don't want to step in a shop owned by Hivers?

: Not cool.

: No, its not that. I just overheard in a bar th-

: Beep

:confused:

:gonk:

: Lemme in lemme in!

Thankfully the beak things are too big to fit inside of the buildings here. However...

: HIVELESS ONE! GET OUT! LOST ONE!

So yeah, the Hivers are part of a one mind, a hive mind if you will. Any party members are considered outsiders and they refuse to trade with us if they're around. You'll need a non Hiver to trade with Hivers :v:

After the beak things were handled, heading over to another building is a robotics shop who sell tons of cheapass prosthetics.

Well this trip was pointless, I was trying to find water to buy and this place had none. I ended up heading back to Squin and grab a good amount of barrels of water.

Our crops are ready, Satan's Onion gladly walks on top of the hydroponics and uses a hoe to gather the crops.

Now at this point I've spent like 7 hours running around the world trying to find one specific recruit. This recruit has a ton of cooking skill but I could never find them. So gently caress it, let's grab a cook from the Holy Nation. Lela picks the shackles off one of the slaves...

And the slave immediately complains that they are not supposed to leave the cages and gladly gets their rear end kicked by the guards by running straight into them.

One of the slaves does start following Lela, I pick them up and start booking it just in time for a HN patrol to come around.

: Darkened lackey of Moll!

Neat, unique dialogue after we allied with the Flotsam ninjas.

Oh christ, I think I broke the slave :stonklol:

After snapping her own neck to own Okran, Deadman's Tea Party is our newest recruit.

Typical stats from an escaped slave. Sadly no cooking skill but thankfully you can't mess up cooking like you can mess up farming. It just takes longer to make a meal.

I build a cooking stove in the stationhouse, with containers to hold rice and greenfruit. There is a crafting menu we can access that will list stations we can use in the area. You have to research cooking to unlock the stove and some basic recipes and then advance cooking to research the higher nutrition recipes. In this case I want to cook Gohan that uses rice and greenfruit to make a 75 nutritional meal. Greenlanders eat 40 nutrition in a day, though I do have the hunger set to 33% slower, so a bowl of Gohan will feed most characters for 2 days. Foodcube and Meatwraps share similar nutritional value, the former requiring bread and greenfruit and the latter requiring bread and raw meat. Bread has a few extra steps that I don't want to bother with currently, also Gohan(rice) will let me make a pinku bento box joke.

Lela managed to rack up a 16.5k bounty for busting Deadman out :eyepop: "Terrorism" is what they use for busting slaves out.

While patrolling around for Dust Bandits to bully, AnilEhilated gets antsy.

: The open road has it's perks but... I need action... Leader, when is our next battle?

: ...

: Who's the Shek talking to?

: I don't know... you?

: I'm not the leader, don't look at me!

See guys, its not a self insert cause the character is NOT the leader! Next up, flaws like just being too drat good!

: Well, who IS the leader?

: Then I will lead! I shall lead us to glory and doom!

: *cough*

: Hmph. None agree, mmh?

: .... Betrayal.

Well then, if its action you want, its action you'll get. While making runs into HN territory there was a tower in the hills, lets go take a peek.

We arrive at night, a single tower with walls is found.

Lela heads up and picks the lock on the gate. How would that work anyways? Its a portcullis, the gate doesn't open like a door, it rises up. I can't believe how unrealistic this game is.

And hey, right outside of the tower is none other then the Dust King himself, with an amazing 35k bounty on his head. Alright, lets get tactical about this. Lela and Ibble will come in and stick in the corner, when the main party engages Lela and Ibble will...

... Get launched at mach 5 over the tower and off the hill :shepface: Well so much for that. Everyone charge!

The Dust King tries running for a mounted turret on the walls, and Noire cuts him off.

Yeah she has everything well in hand. And now that we are fighting someone who is actually wearing armor, we get to see these kickin rad spark effects.

Here is Average Lettuce hitting about 6 bandits at once and hitting them for 70-105 damage each.

Then he proceeds to rush into the tower alone into the waiting crosshairs of 6 more dust bandits. Lettuce's hard counter, being spread out.

The bandits outside are completely wiped out, all thats left is the handful inside the tower.

Ibble grabs the Dust King and pulls him off to the side, Drakenel patches the guy up to ensure he doesn't die.

Rest in peace Dust Bandits, destroyed by some nobodies who rolled into town a week ago.

Upstairs we come across a prisoner in a cage.

: Oh, hey new guy! Wanna chat? I get so excited when I get visitors to talk to. Not much to do in here see. Sometimes I like to count flies. I call this one Chubbs, because she's a bit overweight. She's the only friend I have in here.

: That's great but -

: Do you have any friends? Tell me about your friends! Tell me about everything! What's your favorite snack? Do you have an outtie or an innie? Which would you rather have, a head the size of a nut or a head the size of a watermelon.

: What happened to you? Why are you in here?

: Well, it was a while ago, but I had a date with a girl from out of town. So I put on my best clothes, I was so excited for it, I'd been writing letters to woo her for months. Now here's a tip: Don't wear nice clothes in the outlands, because bandits will mistake you for a rich merchant. They took me for ransom, but ain't nobody gonna pay it because the nobles don't even know who I am! And as if I know anyone with those kinda Cats... It's been a long time, seen a few seasons go by at least. Date's sure gonna be peeved at me for standing her up...

: Then let's get you on that date!

: Wha -- You think you can get me out of here? It- it's been so long!

: Well I've always been a sucker for a romantic story :razz: If I can get you out you can team up with us. Maybe we can help you find your girl?

: Really? Thank you! Oh, the chance to be free and actually see my girl.. finally... Alright, I'll join you!

: Alright... alright... Let's get you outta there.

: Thank you! But... these clothes don't look as sharp as they used to...

When we bust out our new recruit, he has the escaped prisoner tag. 99,999 hours hm? Well see ya in 11 years!

The Dust King had some decent loot on him, all standard grade. I throw his sabre onto one of the medics and sell off everything else.

And Ibble turns in the Dust King, kaching, 35k in the bank.

I rename the prisoner to Fat Samurai, with his bonus to weapon smithing he will be our smith, forging plenty of glorious hanzo steel weaponry for the army.

Speaking of crafting, for weapons and armor we need to find blueprints to unlock recipes. This is on top of having to research the benches to unlock stuff.

This is interesting, a group of dust bandits walk through the hub but don't attack us. Clicking on them shows that they're from a group called Dust Hunters.

In the Reactive Worlds mod, there will be a civil war in the Dust Bandit group if the Dust King if killed or turned in. These groups will have bases in other ruins and we can take them out to disband the group entirely.

Here is a picture of Lettuce getting stuck in a rampart :v:

Now an adult, Lettuce absolutely towers over everyone. All that spoiled meat is good for the body!

More recruiting runs, again at the swamps, we come across someone.

: Slavers are scumbags. One day, they'll get their comeuppance.

: I do too... The slavers, they took somebody from me. Somebody very special to me. Branded her body and put her to work in that stinking hell hole of a mine. This needs to stop, we need to stand up and fight this barbaric slave culture. I plan to... visit the slaver's outpost, but I need allies.

: Who did they take?

: .... My wife... For as long as I live, I will never give up on finding retribution for her. And I'll make them pay for what they've done, for the life that they've stolen from her. I want to wipe those slaver scum off the face of the planet....

: I despise slavers. I know how you feel.

: Have you lost someone to them too?

: I am an ex-slave. I escaped.

: I'm sorry for your suffering... Do you ever think about revenge?

: Yes. One day I will destroy every last one of them.

: Look, I don't know who you are or what you're doing here but, you and me, together we can start a revolution! We can rid the world of those vermin, recruit other people like us... We can stand up and fight our oppressors!

: Then let's stand together and fight!

: We WILL defeat them!

Hamut Guarstine has some decent combat stats. He'll be a part of the stay at home squad as a guard, doing general hauling to help at at home.

We gather up, I stack up our food and deconstruct the hydroponics to get back some mats. I give Deadman clothes to get out of the slave rags. We are gonna go on a journey.

We are heading back towards Flotsam. Ironically, its safer for us to go through the Fog Islands then going through Holy Nation lands.

: Mm, you know, I got a hankering for some dried gristle flaps right now... They have the BEST gristle flaps back in Mud Town, y'know... Just thinking about it makes me so hungry I could eat a gar.

: Wind.

: ...Excuse me?

: You're a sack of it.

: Guess that's my queue to keep quiet... No tact, you Shek.

I love the party banter in this game, no one likes each other and its great

While going through Vain we run into a group of starving bandits and look at the sheer balls on this group.

8 of them, 13 in the main attack group with another 5 sitting back. The stay at home group are set to passive and block and they are to hang back and pick up any of our KO'd party members and patch them up or snatching weapons from KO'd enemies.

After absolutely wiping the floor with these guys, Mr Bones says it right

: You deserved it.

In the Fog Islands and we meet some Fogmen, and how good it feels coming back and going toe to toe with them instead of fleeing from them.

In the distance though we hear screaming, and a Shinobi Thieves member is being eaten alive!

We're back, we have hair and we can punch good enough. Bring it on!

... Except the prince decides to gently caress back off and starts eating the thief again. Stopping to eat mid combat? drat we should recruit this guy, he is clearly goon material!

Lela takes him out and we go to loot his body, Fog Princes have heads in their inventory that we can take that sell for a good chunk of change. Hunting princes can be profitable, and you can cheese this with high stealth and assassin by running around and KO'ing them, then ripping their head off. And yes, this does kill them when removed.

Another thing you can do is wait for princes to attack Mongrel guards and take their heads. If you want to be a dirty cheater.

We bust the thief out and this is what we get in return. You're welcome. rear end in a top hat

Ah Mongrel, its been a spell. We rest up after that scuffle for a bit, sell off the prince's head for a princely sum.

Checking out the robotics shop in town, there is a robotics bed available for use. It costs a whopping 3k a use. Commisar and Bones do have some wear and tear, so I send them to Commisar's tower to use the free bed there.

We arrive at Flotsam and talk to our ally Moll.

: Where do I find the inquisitors?

: Seta controls Stack in the southwest of the plains. Valtena you'll find a military outpost, Okran's Shield, on the eastern border. Do not underestimate their hold on the Holy Nation, the two of them are probably smarter than the Phoenix himself - he was born into his role, remember, but those guys earned it with pure Okranite crazy and cunning.

: What will happen after we destroy Phoenix and his inquisitors?

: Who can say? Those idiot Okranites have pissed in a lot of people's soups. They've got a few enemies waiting for their chance at revenge, and a few disgruntled city goers itching for an uprising too. Hopefully all those enemies will clean the majority of the army up for us. Okran knows numbers aren't exactly on our side. Then? Then we'll do our best to free the holy servants and protec tthe survivors... the ones that don't try to fight us at least.

: Mm... Leave it to me.

: Wait... What? All on your own? Are you crazy?!

: Just crazy for freedom :911:

:Ugh, cut me the corny bullshit... but fine. You got balls, I'll give you that. Good luck, Lela.

In the HQ we pick up a generic scorchlander recruit, Dr Snark! As a generic she has 1's in all stats, she'll be our armor smith.

We continue on northward, just south of the ghost village.

: This scent... it reminds me of her...

: I'm sorry about your wife, Hamut. Slavers, they're the scum of the earth.

: And I'm sorry about your time in the mines.. I wont let them take you again.

: Don't let those scumbags twist your soul, Guarstine. Live your life. For her.

: I will. We will.

:unsmith:

We reach our destination and I get to prospecting. I find an area with high fertility, water, stone and an iron deposit.

I then throw down several buildings, a stone mine and iron refineries.

And like that, we begin building our own outpost.

Leal fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 28, 2019

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
Wait... is that why Hivers have those bladefeet, they live in a place with red rain? That's awesome if so.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I can't wait to see this new base in action! I wonder if we'll start to see some more bandits snooping around.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I've been playing this game much differently. Need to get a gang and deal some beatdowns.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hey, that doesn't look like a bad place to build! I generally prefer higher elevation myself, since I like to *~roleplay~*, but that spot doesn't look half bad, nice! My only problem is that it seems a tad isolated, but eh, you've got Mongrel, the fishing village, World's End and the Ninjas, shouldn't be too bad. Not like I'm much better; I like to find a plateau in the Fog Islands and build my castle there.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The unassailable stronghold of Lowtaxia.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tombot posted:

I can't wait to see this new base in action! I wonder if we'll start to see some more bandits snooping around.

Oh we'll have plenty of bandits. They love to invite us over for dinner :unsmigghh:

dervinosdoom posted:

I've been playing this game much differently. Need to get a gang and deal some beatdowns.

Yeah I haven't had a party anywhere near this size, because the party member icons getting as small as they are, with the empty space on the bottom drives me nuts. Its like night and day when you got a bigger crew running around.

CommissarMega posted:

Hey, that doesn't look like a bad place to build! I generally prefer higher elevation myself, since I like to *~roleplay~*, but that spot doesn't look half bad, nice! My only problem is that it seems a tad isolated, but eh, you've got Mongrel, the fishing village, World's End and the Ninjas, shouldn't be too bad. Not like I'm much better; I like to find a plateau in the Fog Islands and build my castle there.

Part of the reason I built up here is to be close to Flotsam for when the HN attacks. I'm afraid having a base south of HN territory will have the Flotsam move through HN territory and get absolutely slaughtered before getting anywhere near our base

E:

Tin Tim posted:

Interesting! Does this also count for weapons? Would make my ninja looting a bit smoother if I actually don't have to do inventory-tetris with their weapons

I want to say I've seen people pick up weapons if they needed something during a fight.

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 28, 2019

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

You bastards better show some respect to me, lest you find out that your armor is suddenly a lot more fragile than you were expecting it to be :colbert:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Let's see. Our outpost is in some sort of valley it looks like? And in this world you do not want to mess with the DucksBeak Things? I propose our new settlement be called Dragon Pass.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
dragon rear end

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Let's see. Our outpost is in some sort of valley it looks like? And in this world you do not want to mess with the DucksBeak Things? I propose our new settlement be called Dragon Pass.

I may have already named it as I've played ahead. So lets try this, the vote for what to do after this place (A: Camp in the swamp and fight ninjas and red sabres, B settle in UC territory and bet up slavers and the city heroes) will continue until I get home tomorrow from work. After that we'll hold a vote as to what to name the place that wins the vote.

Deadmans Tea Party
Jan 9, 2019
Did I...? Break my own neck? That is either super metal or super disconcerting to get your soup from someone facing the wrong way while still looking at you.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Deadmans Tea Party posted:

Did I...? Break my own neck? That is either super metal or super disconcerting to get your soup from someone facing the wrong way while still looking at you.

That was a weird rear end rendering thing. If I zoomed out you were normal, but when I zoomed in the head would do that and for some reason the shirt would also vanish. I have no idea what would cause that or why it would only happen if I zoomed in closer. Gave me a slight spook when that happened.

E: Also who would deny soup from a person with the name Deadman :v:

Leal fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 28, 2019

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can you make underground buildings?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

I'm trying to build a recruitment fund through stealing but my earnings are rather slim. Adventure shops and general stores seem to have some decent loot but taking and fencing weapons&armors is rather tedious if you don't luck into a container with a high value item. Any advice for good places to steal from or how to increase my profit?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tin Tim posted:

I'm trying to build a recruitment fund through stealing but my earnings are rather slim. Adventure shops and general stores seem to have some decent loot but taking and fencing weapons&armors is rather tedious if you don't luck into a container with a high value item. Any advice for good places to steal from or how to increase my profit?

Noble houses in UC territory. Armor shops may have some chainmail laying around that is worth a good amount as well.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Scalding Coffee posted:

Can you make underground buildings?

Afraid not, sorry, not even with mods as far as I know.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is all the stuff you built in those other towns stuck there, or can you pick it up and move it to your new home?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Glazius posted:

Is all the stuff you built in those other towns stuck there, or can you pick it up and move it to your new home?

You can't pick everything up, unfortunately; best you can do is dismantle everything and pick up the remnants to be used as building materials elsewhere. That said, they're not all that hard to find and transport especially if you have pack animals and/or sufficiently buff dudes and dudettes to carry them.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

That said, they're not all that hard to find and transport especially if you have pack animals and/or sufficiently buff dudes and dudettes to carry them.
As a note for other newbs, I found that strength and carry-room are one of the major limiting factors in your early development phase.

Getting backpacks is very helpful with actually being able to grab all the loot you may encounter in the wild and their downsides shouldn't matter early on. But getting your strength up is also very good and should be on your early to-do list. I mean my duo had sneak in the 40s before I set out to seriously loot but I quickly found that even a thief backpack will not help a lot when your strength is still below 10. Trying to get to another town to sell your crap is very dangerous when you're weighed down and move too slow. I had to ditch some good money in favor of not dying. Then I built a weight bench(great mod) and had my guys lift until they hit 30 and yeah that's worlds apart from before. It also helps a lot with actually wearing decent gear since your basic drifter outfit and club is kinda already heavy enough for puny starter guys to get slowed down once you put loot in their pockets

Big gains=big plays :btroll:

Dugite
Aug 12, 2007
Great LP Leal! I didn't even know this game existed but it's right up my alley. Add me a character.

Also I vote B: gently caress up the slavers

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

AHAHAHAHA!
The training weapons mod is busted as fuuuuck.

Why, yes I would like to make some zero damage weapons(including martial arts bindings that go into a weapons slot), hand one to some poor dust bandit or other shmuck who won't starve and lock them into some house with one or several of my own dudes and have them beat each other with nerf sticks over and over.

This method trains weapon and combat skills as well as dexterity at ludicrous speed and toughness and strength at an okay pace.

The bindings don't provide limb protection so be careful when you let your live training dummy keep heavier armour on or you'll still punch your fists raw until you reach high enough martial arts skill.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

B: gently caress up the slavers

And add me as a character please.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
If you're still going to get more characters, feel free to add me as well.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

With some of the beatings the gang endured I'm surprised everyone still has all their original bits unless I skimmed past it by accident.

Guper
Jan 21, 2019
This is the exact same spot I first settled (well ok, the second time, after I realized that you almost immediately get attacked because a shack in the wilderness might as well be a beacon). Actually ended up being pretty safe, lots of cannibal raids but the cannibals are actually pretty wimpy once you get to the mid-game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I said I was gonna end the vote yesterday but poo poo has happened. Next place we'll camp out at is somewhere in UC territory. Somewhere. I dunno yet.

So what should the name be for our anti slaver outpost?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Slave bizzarro world?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Vadoc posted:

With some of the beatings the gang endured I'm surprised everyone still has all their original bits unless I skimmed past it by accident.

it's actually quite uncommon to lose a limb because you have to have it at -100 or whatever, and then take more damage to the area, which will exclusively happen in combat. if you are downed and then start getting eaten alive by a cannibal or beast they will focus on your vital bits. so basically we are talking about a situation where you were either so lucky/tough that you survived the shattering of your limb and continued to fight, or a situation where you got your limb shattered, got KOed, and then stood up to continue fighting anyway.

all of that is good because even the best prosthetic limbs are really not worth the hassle. they can increase your strength or dex quite a lot, but then you realize that you will also need skeleton repair kits and maintenance beds in addition to your fleshy needs and suddenly the entire affair is a lot harder to justify versus just keeping on pushing to 100 in strength and whatever your chosen weapon is. this will still make you in the top like 2% of the most dangerous characters in the game, which then won't matter in the least because those top 2% almost exclusively run with large posses that will turn you inside out on weight of numbers even if you're a bigger badass than their bosses.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Leal posted:

I said I was gonna end the vote yesterday but poo poo has happened. Next place we'll camp out at is somewhere in UC territory. Somewhere. I dunno yet.

Dragon rear end

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Leal posted:

Considering that we'd probably need Noire heading up our anti-slaver operations there, and that said outpost would be the final friendly stop for us once we really get the anti-slaver ball rolling, I suggest we call it... LASTATION :unsmigghh:

EDIT: Or if we set it up in the southern, swampy area, I suppose there's enough water, plantlife and 'beaches' there to call it Tropico.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Leal posted:

Jetsam

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

About that....

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Poland Spring posted:

Dragon rear end

Sounds good to me. <Anything> rear end really.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Neptunia rear end then!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Considering that we'd probably need Noire heading up our anti-slaver operations there, and that said outpost would be the final friendly stop for us once we really get the anti-slaver ball rolling, I suggest we call it... LASTATION :unsmigghh:

EDIT: Or if we set it up in the southern, swampy area, I suppose there's enough water, plantlife and 'beaches' there to call it Tropico.

Keldulas posted:

Neptunia rear end then!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Four Goddesses Assline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I don't understand these jokes, so call our base Hope.