Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

gonna be some really swanky spiderwebs up there after a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

gonna be some really swanky spiderwebs up there after a while

It's part of the whole spiderman aesthetic

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
Did he post toilet yet?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Canned Panda posted:

Who the gently caress needs FIVE SHOWERHEADS and no toilet?

Obviously he just needs all of that water to help wafflestomping.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
:nfpa:

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

king of no pants posted:

Did he post toilet yet?

It's not his ava yet so sadly not.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Grinning Goblin posted:

Obviously he just needs all of that water to help wafflestomping.

I guarantee you there is not an adequate water supply to drive them at the same time. MAYBE two. Maybe.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Popo posted:

It's not his ava yet so sadly not.

He PM'd me last night.

Lain Iwakura posted:

My ego isn't as big as yours so I don't need a large tub.

Also thanks for sending me that toilet picture. I won't share the photo you sent me, but I will share Maurizio Cattelan's gold toilet which is depicted.

I have some doubts about you having a toilet and closet looking like this.

I'm a girl who keeps her word and didn't post the photo he gave me but it was a hyperlink to an image hosted on the Guggenheim's website so I just went and GIS'd another one.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

evilweasel posted:

it's not that people want generic. it's that generic is fine for almost everyone and lets them customize it to themselves somewhat, but something that's highly customized to someone else is not fine for people who aren't them, and it's hard to make it customized to yourself

like maybe you love nautical themes, and beatmasterj loves GAMERZ/bdsm themes; neither of you are going to be happy in each other's custom house and have no real way to get it to something you're happy with. but if you both have a generic house, you can hang some pictures of boats and he can spraypaint black and red and hang up some whips, and you're both pretty happy.

Oh, intellectually I grasp that, lowest common denominator etc.

Even so, it always amazes me how little personality most people's homes seem to have. We're such a pre-fab society.

(also welcome back EW)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I mean, 2 will never get used but that's still cool? Unnecessary but whateva

I was in Argentina over the summer and all the showers had a shitload of heads, it was weird as hell and the water pressure was terrible:

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I was in Argentina over the summer and all the showers had a shitload of heads, it was weird as hell and the water pressure was terrible:

Wasn't that shower the B plot in a Discworld novel?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Oh, intellectually I grasp that, lowest common denominator etc.

Even so, it always amazes me how little personality most people's homes seem to have. We're such a pre-fab society.

(also welcome back EW)

well, look what happens when people without design skills try to customize their house!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

YamiNoSenshi posted:

Last Continent?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Queen Combat posted:

Oh also those sinks are trash for everything. I know we talked about it in his last thread, two years ago, but I feel like they're getting a free pass due to everything else being so terrible.

Like, in a normal house, those sinks would be the worst thing you could do. Can't fill them with water, impossible to clean, can't have high pressure faucets or it sprays off the side, can't do an emergency "dip" to correct messed up hair because the faucet is on one side instead of in the middle, can't fill them to wash things like razor blade handles or bras, and the raised, jagged corners will crack your skull open one day.

But no. In this bathroom, they're like a "2" on the "regular hosed up to beatmasterj hosed up" 1-10 scale.

poo poo, yeah. I have very short hair and sometimes I'll still splash water in my hair over a sink to un-bedhead it if I'm low on time.

CodfishCartographer posted:

e: hahaha you can see all loving five showerheads here

How is this not going to be humid?!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

evilweasel posted:

well, look what happens when people without design skills try to customize their house!

Amazing things! There's no downside here!

unless you are a woman trapped in the closet in that bathroom
or are allergic to Axe Body Spray
or you're afraid that racing stripe bathroom will make you go too fast

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

YamiNoSenshi posted:

holy poo poo lol

xcheopis posted:

Last Continent?

:hfive:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Haha my dad is from Argentina and is an engineer who works on showerheads (in the States). I have no insight on what the gently caress is going on, though certainly he's not personally responsible for the entire trend. But why so many showerheads, dad?!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
red dead regrover 2 .

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Toilet?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

WrenP-Complete posted:

Haha my dad is from Argentina and is an engineer who works on showerheads (in the States). I have no insight on what the gently caress is going on, though certainly he's not personally responsible for the entire trend. But why so many showerheads, dad?!

Like I get it, the knobs in the middle let you turn on/off the various heads, but I'm just unsure of the point. If the middle ones were like a foot lower I'd say it's an easy way to clean out your rear end in a top hat but it's just shooting water at your belly. Plus in a country where even the major cities have lovely water pressure, turning on the middle heads just made them squirt water like 6 inches away from the wall.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

honestly just incredible

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Who What Now posted:

He has almost never (maybe actually never?) mentioned women's opinions after posting the finished pics. I think that he's had a real life woman walk into it and tell him it sucks and/or he's decided the women are stupid and to go whole hog on a Man Cave bathroom.

Yeah. Honestly I think it would be better if he'd committed to Man Cave bathroom 100% rather than putting in a few details for the females. As it is the bathtub doesn't match anything else and the chandelier looks goofy. A chandelier like that might be okay with very soft girly colours, but if you want hard masculine colour scheme you need appropriate hard masculine light fixtures.

Maybe something like this would work better?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

23k was the cost of labor for a contractor coming in to fix the fuckups when it stopped being a DIY project, the granite vanity and the actual materials/fixtures are on top of that

Yeah this stopped being DIY a long time ago sheesh. I think 23 was around what it cost to have a roof and concrete/evacation done AND put up all the interior infrastructure of a 700 square foot addition. Couldn't imagine dropping that alone on loving up my bathroom (granted man baby's bathroom might be the size of my addition).

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Post the toilet

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

Lain Iwakura posted:

He PM'd me last night.

I'm a girl who keeps her word and didn't post the photo he gave me but it was a hyperlink to an image hosted on the Guggenheim's website so I just went and GIS'd another one.

The photo he sent you after promising a toilet pic was just that golden toilet image?

bannable imo

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
*slaps the tank of the toilet* this baby isnt even street legal

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Costs for remodeling and construction vary by a huge, huge amount depending on region. This is part of why it's silly to compare how much different goons spent on a given remodel. The other reason is because a single detail can wildly throw off the cost.

YamiNoSenshi posted:

Bloody Stupid Johnson's amazing boondoggles of plumbing turn up in a lot of the Discworld novels, yeah.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
:females:: "where do you even buy a garbage disposal that big"

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

bEatmstrJ posted:

Now that you've all forgotten, I guess I can post these.

Since we're talking :females:, imagine doing any of the stereotypical "female" tasks in this bathroom.

Like, imagine trying to regularly sweep and mop a pile of loose gravel. Or imagine trying to keep a bathroom shiny with a full glass wall, two windows and six loving mirrors to clean.

Just imagine trying to get comfortable on plastic rocks beside that beast of a tub so you can bathe an infant.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Lacey posted:

Since we're talking :females:, imagine doing any of the stereotypical "female" tasks in this bathroom.

Like, imagine trying to regularly sweep and mop a pile of loose gravel. Or imagine trying to keep a bathroom shiny with a full glass wall, two windows and six loving mirrors to clean.

Just imagine trying to get comfortable on plastic rocks beside that beast of a tub so you can bathe an infant.

Imagine trying to bathe a baby in the sink!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lacey posted:

Actually most mothers bathe their infants in the si....... oh.

e;fb

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

CodfishCartographer posted:

Imagine trying to bathe a baby in the sink!

That bathroom will bring on early menopause, so babies aren't really a concern for any current or future homeowners.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

tbf when we bathed my kid in the sink it was the kitchen sink, because bathroom sinks aren't usually big enough, even normal ones (and in a kitchen sink you can move the faucet)

of course we then used the loving tub once the baby was bigger which, uh, you can't do here

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

evilweasel posted:

tbf when we bathed my kid in the sink it was the kitchen sink, because bathroom sinks aren't usually big enough, even normal ones (and in a kitchen sink you can move the faucet)

of course we then used the loving tub once the baby was bigger which, uh, you can't do here

If you bathed the baby in the kitchen sink where were you peeing?

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Snow Cone Capone posted:

holy poo poo lol

:hfive:

I lied, I think it's Hogfather.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Waiting for the inevitable repost of Marcel Duchamp's "Fountain" for one of his PM'd toilet pics.

Even better if the actual toilet really is just an upended urinal with someone else's name scrawled on it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lacey posted:

This bathroom is for making babies, not maintaining them!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

xcheopis posted:

I lied, I think it's Hogfather.

Yeah I think you're right, Last Continent the bathroom bit is that there's a window to another continent in the bathroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Iron Crowned posted:

This bathroom is for making babies, not maintaining them!

i thought it was for dropping the kids off at the pool? :thunk: