Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Shocking enemy of my enemy teamup between Spider-Man and bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
if the next strip reveals that section of the armory to actually be The Wall who's gone good I'll truly know Stan is smiling down on us

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POMeiOOgH64

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

It's kind of weird to see this 2012 storyline in the comic strip thread where Peter's taking a proactive role in stopping Kraven, and even figures out his plan. I mean, granted, the plotline's not ended yet, and this came right after the Clown-9 debacle, but still. It's weird to see him being honest-to-god competent.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's kind of weird to see this 2012 storyline in the comic strip thread where Peter's taking a proactive role in stopping Kraven, and even figures out his plan. I mean, granted, the plotline's not ended yet, and this came right after the Clown-9 debacle, but still. It's weird to see him being honest-to-god competent.

Yeah, I think Peter's competence took a huge hit when every arc started being a teamup arc. Which was probably an editorial mandate to get more advertising for the movies in.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Yeah, I think Peter's competence took a huge hit when every arc started being a teamup arc. Which was probably an editorial mandate to get more advertising for the movies in.

And always miss the hype because one storyline takes months

poo poo, we just had an Iron Fist and now a Luke Cage arc, their series don't even exist anymore.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Samuringa posted:

And always miss the hype because one storyline takes months

poo poo, we just had an Iron Fist and now a Luke Cage arc, their series don't even exist anymore.

NEXT: Jessica Jones

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
On that note, for anyone who reads this thread but not that one:

I'm currently posting the very beginning of NSM, featuring an anti-terrorism conference with Doctor Doom:

Also Doom being mad about getting his picture taken:

NSM really has been like this the entire time.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

rannum posted:

NEXT: Jessica Jones

it'll be two months of alternating irritated scowls from her and MJ and it'll be glorious

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Back to loving square one

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmfoa

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
And now they reprint the last week's worth of comics starting from Kilgrave freaking out. Genius!

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
Time's a loving circle my dudes

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Verant posted:

And now they reprint the last week's worth of comics starting from Kilgrave freaking out. Genius!
Repeat until the pipe Cage grabs is broken and everyone falls off the roof. The end.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Now we need the YYAAAA!! edited to bounce around like the :wom: emote, to fully encapsulate the circle this comic has gone

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is this a mistake or do they repeat strips sometimes?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
SLAPPT

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MJ: Not to worry guys, I have a plan!
MJ beats Kilgrave's throat to jelly with a pipe

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

what

Like...they got Killgrave back up...and MJ ran up and down six flights of stairs to grab the blanket off the street in less than a minute? Normally I'd say it's lucky there's someone competent around, but this plan is an opiate dream and she's just hyperfixated on making it come off at any cost.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Additionally, I love how the villain of the arc hasn't done anything for like twelve strips now. He's just writhing around helplessly while the heroes ineffectually try to tie him up without killing themselves.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

his neck is beaten up, skull fractured, and spidey tore the crotch off his pants with webbing

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I thought this was an edit based on the original strip, but it's the real thing :psyduck:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
ok this is it, this is the strip that broke me. I literally can't stop laughing in the middle of work right now

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Why not just ask Peter to web the blanket again and tug it back up? Or better yet just have him jump down and back up with the blanket?

MJ's towering intellect is finally losing out against Peter's anti-intelligence powers.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

evilmiera posted:

Why not just ask Peter to web the blanket again and tug it back up? Or better yet just have him jump down and back up with the blanket?

MJ's towering intellect is finally losing out against Peter's anti-intelligence powers.

MJ is smart enough not to rely on peter for anything.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

evilmiera posted:

If she asked Peter to do that, he'd get it like, halfway up on a webline before getting into a tug-of-war with a seagull, all the while monologuing about how the seagull is pulling him off the building with its incredible bird strength. Easier to just get it herself.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
whenever someone tries to explain things to peter he starts shouting about how they must suspect he is really spiderman. in costume or out, it's all the same.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

evilmiera posted:

While Pete is still woozy from the mind control?

He'd end up accidentally using it as a kite or some poo poo and float away.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i suspect this thread is gonna get some fuckin' mileage out of 'woozy from mind control'. i know i will.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Android Blues posted:

If she asked Peter to do that, he'd get it like, halfway up on a webline before getting into a tug-of-war with a seagull, all the while monologuing about how the seagull is pulling him off the building with its incredible bird strength. Easier to just get it herself.

Yeah really. She managed to do a series of tasks and accomplish a goal off-screen between two strips. That's the fastest anyone could possibly move in the NSM universe. If she let Spider-Man deal with it there would have been two weeks of

"Oh no! Killgrave is about to regain consciousness! I need to get the sheet!"
"If Killgrave regains consciousness that will be the end........for Spider-Man!"
"I ran out of webbing from all of the wall crawling and can't reach from the roof!"
"Spider-Man this is Luke! You better do something! Killgrave is about to start talking again!"
"If I don't get that sheet then Killgrave will make Luke and I......Fight to the Death!!!!"
(Killgrave thought bubble) "I've almost regained my voice....and when I do.....THEY WILL PAY!!!"

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

While Pete is still woozy from the mind control?

Pete is going to be "woozy from the mind control" for a few weeks. It'll be his excuse for everything.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MJ is probably going to have to clean the apartment littered with deflated balloons as well from when Pete tried to turn it into a gently caress shack to welcome her home.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

At the airport, a bunch of disgruntled passengers (including one rear end in a top hat kid) are sitting in a plane.

"This is the FINAL final call for Peter and Mary Jane Parker to board their flight to Australia..."

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

At the airport, a bunch of disgruntled passengers (including one rear end in a top hat kid) are sitting in a plane.

"This is the FINAL final call for Peter and Mary Jane Parker to board their flight to Australia..."

The last panel is the waiting list for seats - Next: SABERTOOTH!!!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Proteus Jones posted:

MJ is probably going to have to clean the apartment littered with deflated balloons as well from when Pete tried to turn it into a gently caress shack to welcome her home.

Have the balloons even had enough time to deflate? Wasn't Peter in his apartment like a half hour ago?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jerusalem posted:

:lol: I totally forgot they were going to Australia.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spidey, that just attached the sheet to your wrists. Its not helping.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

At least he remembered he has two web shooters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The way he's shot those webs, it kind of looks like he is one sudden motion away from tearing that blanket off of Kilgrave.