Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Iceclaw posted:

A question I have, is, does the game have an alliance system? Can you get a few units from other factions, say KoM and Rhordia?

Yes. You can have, at most, 25% of your list from one allied army, and the allied force is self contained in terms of force structure and effects like inspiring and some spells.

Allies also have to meet the factional alignment, so if your army is good you can only ally with good and neutral, evil can only ally with evil and neutral, and neutral can ally with anyone.

It's entirely possible to field a 2000 point army that features 1500 points of Kingdoms of Men, and 500 points of Rhordia units, or vice versa.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Yes. You can have, at most, 25% of your list from one allied army, and the allied force is self contained in terms of force structure and effects like inspiring and some spells.

Allies also have to meet the factional alignment, so if your army is good you can only ally with good and neutral, evil can only ally with evil and neutral, and neutral can ally with anyone.

It's entirely possible to field a 2000 point Kingdoms of Men army that features 1500 points of KoM, and 500 points of Rhordia units, or vice versa.

Can I bring in allies from two different factions? Easyarmy seems to be letting me, but the starter rulebook isn't as explicit as I'd like.

I rather like the formations. Be nice to see more, but as a way to get little additional force customization, they seem neat.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MCPeePants posted:

Can I bring in allies from two different factions? Easyarmy seems to be letting me, but the starter rulebook isn't as explicit as I'd like.

I rather like the formations. Be nice to see more, but as a way to get little additional force customization, they seem neat.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can, but your main army needs to be 50% or more of the force. I don't own any of the CoK books though, I rely on easy army and the packs my TO puts out.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

IIRC it's up to 25% of your army can be allies, this can be from a mixture of lists so long as each ally follows it's own org (i.e. you have to have at least a regiment before taking any troops or characters etc.).

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I finished a second hero model this month; a bones dwarf ranger who I'll use as Herneas. Here he is getting his rear end handed to him by a dwarven revenant king:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

HERNEAS :argh:

Clash of Kings Australia was on the Australia Day long weekend, at CanCon 19 in Canberra. 52 players, 6 rounds, 2 days.

Full results here, but the top 10 were

1. Forces of the Abyss
2. Forces of Nature
3. Twilight Kin
4. Abyssal Dwarfs
5. Night-stalkers
6. Goblins
7. Goblins
8. League of Rhordia
9. Orcs
10. Ratkin

Full lists here for anyone interested.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Question from a newbie: must the bases be the official Mantic models, or can I get away with a plasticard+cork, so long it's compliant with legal footprint?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Iceclaw posted:

Question from a newbie: must the bases be the official Mantic models, or can I get away with a plasticard+cork, so long it's compliant with legal footprint?

Legal footprint is all you need, f.ex mine are multibased on laser cut MDF from a local place

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Legal footprint is all you need, f.ex mine are multibased on laser cut MDF from a local place

Plus at least the minimum number of figures, e.g. 21 for a Horde and so on.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Oathin n cross postin'

NTRabbit posted:

:dogcited: OATH COMPLETE :dogcited:

Mercenary Leader Blaine

Shamanic Boudi, now a Druid for Kings of War

Galadanoth, now turned Master Hunter for Kings of War, and test subject for my "LRDG X Fremen" Eastern Kindred Elves, aka nomadic desert elves - the concept is LRDG x Fremen, so darker skin, blue eyes, lots of brass and copper, and pink panther cloaks

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

NTRabbit posted:

Oathin n cross postin'

What the gently caress is LRDG?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

drgnvale posted:

What the gently caress is LRDG?

The Long Range Desert Group, who used vehicles like this called Pink Panthers (albeit not this one, as it's a later SAS version from the 60s)

Roughly colourised period photo

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 2, 2019

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

NTRabbit posted:

The Long Range Desert Group, who used vehicles like this called Pink Panthers (albeit not this one, as it's a later SAS version from the 60s)

Roughly colourised period photo

is pink the perfect camo color for the desert? maybe something about homophobia and beduin tribes?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

mike12345 posted:

is pink the perfect camo color for the desert? maybe something about homophobia and beduin tribes?

Light pastel pinks actually blend incredibly well with sand dunes once the "fading" effect of distance is taken into account.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Also handy at dawn and dusk.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

mike12345 posted:

IIRC it faded pretty quickly in the harsh desert sun and the resulting color was a great camo shade.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
That's pretty neat.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
My about 80% finished mantic giant made an appearance in a WHFB 8th edition game I played this weekend. I can report that he looks big, is big.

edit: are there any threads left that would be interested in an 8th edition WHFB battle report?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is the "Kings of War: Vanguard" line exclusively Mantic's new sculpts?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Schadenboner posted:

Is the "Kings of War: Vanguard" line exclusively Mantic's new sculpts?

99%, the only exceptions are that the Abyssals faction starter comes with a sprue of the very recent Lower Abyssals, the Northern Alliance starter comes with a sprue of the pre-first edition era Dwarf Ironclad, and the Dwarf starter likewise comes with a sprue of Ironclad, plus a sprue of Ironwatch.

That will change as they start to roll out starters for the other factions, as there'll be different proportions of existing minis to use.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 9, 2019

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013
Anyone have a decent lead on some angel minis? I don't hate Mantic's Elohi models, but neither do I love them. The Raging Heroes line is the closest I've found to models I like, but they're pretty expensive, and I don't really want to support a titty-mini company. Lots of good options for an Ur-Elohi (reaper Solar being the cheapest) but I'm seeing weirdly few angels.

I'd hoped to try chopping up some sigmarines, but there are none cheap locally!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Check ebay for Sigmarines! There were a bunch of cheap starter sets and the figures are cool enough.

Reaper also has a TON of angel figures, in Bones and metal.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Sigmarines are super cheap. You can usually get 8-11 of them for ~$13 or so, depending on the seller. Probably the only thing you'll find difficult is getting wings that are the right size and style for what you're going for.

They're also very easy to convert into whatever you want, like the Wights for my Undead army:

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

MCPeePants posted:

Anyone have a decent lead on some angel minis? I don't hate Mantic's Elohi models, but neither do I love them. The Raging Heroes line is the closest I've found to models I like, but they're pretty expensive, and I don't really want to support a titty-mini company. Lots of good options for an Ur-Elohi (reaper Solar being the cheapest) but I'm seeing weirdly few angels.

I'd hoped to try chopping up some sigmarines, but there are none cheap locally!

https://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=192_71_122

These are pretty nice, although I'm not sure how many angels you have to take so a unit might be expensive.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MrFlibble posted:

https://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=192_71_122

These are pretty nice, although I'm not sure how many angels you have to take so a unit might be expensive.

Elohi are large infantry, so it's 3/6 for a regiment/horde, or 2/4 using MMC

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

Slimnoid posted:

Sigmarines are super cheap. You can usually get 8-11 of them for ~$13 or so, depending on the seller. Probably the only thing you'll find difficult is getting wings that are the right size and style for what you're going for.

They're also very easy to convert into whatever you want, like the Wights for my Undead army:

Dang those look great.

Found a decent bundle of the newer, partially robed sigmarines (sequitors) which I think will help with the angelic look. Now to find some big old wings!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The new goblin warband minis for Vanguard

I mean they're ok, if you like goblins I guess

:stare: :orks101:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 15, 2019

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I love these hard.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Bear in mind they've had a mig paintjob. Look closely at the bare plastics before purchase as looking good may have been painted on.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They have close ups here

Also I only just noticed the Winggit is a flying pig

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:stare: They have a mortar to shoot dogs at people.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

That's the Mawpup Launcher, comes with bitey ammunition

Climb into the danger zone

e: Also this guy is in the scroll but not the group pic

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 15, 2019

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
How are Mantic’s ogres? I guess I’m looking for Bullgryns so “Armored semi-ferals but less obviously Chaotic/Evil than the GW AoS bois” so these look nice and choppy but I don’t know if they’re good sculpts?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 17, 2019

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Schadenboner posted:

How are Mantic’s ogres? I guess I’m looking for Bullgryns so “Armored semi-ferals but less obviously Chaotic/Evil than the GW AoS bois” so these look nice and choppy but I don’t know if they’re good sculpts?

They are just okay. The material isn't hard plastic, it's this softer stuff so the details aren't as sharp as I'd like. It's pretty easy to use hot water to repose them, so the lack of variety isn't a big deal. Multibasing helps hide the puny hosed up legs. But they are cheap, fun to paint and look pretty good! NTRabbit's army is fantastic.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Also I only just noticed the Winggit is a flying pig

it's a bat

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Leperflesh posted:

it's a bat

To be fair, I also thought pig. Probably because in Malifaux the Gremlins are obsessed with them.

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013
How many nimble combat heroes is too many? I find myself wanting to take Gnaeus Sallustis (I have lots of knights I want to use and he's required for the formation), a panther Abbess (speed 10 individual has been a ton of fun so far), and an Ur-Elohi (very fond of mobility, though it has obvious overlap with Gnaeus). Even ignoring my tendency to be way too aggressive with mobile pieces and getting them killed, it seems like maybe I'm over-investing?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MCPeePants posted:

How many nimble combat heroes is too many? I find myself wanting to take Gnaeus Sallustis (I have lots of knights I want to use and he's required for the formation), a panther Abbess (speed 10 individual has been a ton of fun so far), and an Ur-Elohi (very fond of mobility, though it has obvious overlap with Gnaeus). Even ignoring my tendency to be way too aggressive with mobile pieces and getting them killed, it seems like maybe I'm over-investing?

I think the usual measure is something like 1 source of inspiring per 500 points (or maybe it's 750 now?), not sure how that translates into nimble combat heroes per point.

I mean, all of my available heroes are nimble combat heroes, even the spell caster :v:

Also, in case anyone missed it, TerrainCrate 2 is up on KS, the first one was good stuff. This one is skewed a little more towards modern setting RPG/wargame, ie The Walking Dead All Out War from Mantic

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Feb 24, 2019

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Do the Warpath Mules and Hornets come with the plague parts included or were those Kickstarter-only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
A mate at the FLGS just found a few bags of Undead from "Dwarf King's Hold: Dead Rising" that he's going to dump on me for free. Anyone have any familiarity with these models?