Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I know Beeler is a shitheel but I don't think his cartoon should be included because it had the elephant accusing Cohen of being a liar while being in the pocket of someone whose pants are literally on fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

KillerJunglist posted:

Is this more incel poo poo or nazi poo poo (somehow)? I have trouble telling with this guy.

It's incel poo poo. According to incel logic, an attractive woman complaining that she's lonely is like a vegan in a BBQ buffet complaining that she's hungry -- there's food all around, she's just decided to categorize it as inedible

it's on the wrong "ladder" if you will; it's in the "trash zone" if you will

Ultimately this kind of logic won't convince anyone to date him any more than it would convince a vegan to actually eat big sausages, but it's not intended for that, it's intended for nazis who can't get laid to feel validated and that not dating them is illogical

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ryonguy posted:

What the gently caress else do you call drawing? Christ, get off your high horse you rear end.

i will never get off the tallest possible horse, and in that vein should nazi propaganda be treated as art because it involves drawing

(Things I hate: men, the sun, art, facts, reason, logic)

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

loquacius posted:

It's incel poo poo. According to incel logic, an attractive woman complaining that she's lonely is like a vegan in a BBQ buffet complaining that she's hungry -- there's food all around, she's just decided to categorize it as inedible

Ultimately this kind of logic won't convince anyone to date him any more than it would convince a vegan to actually eat big sausages, but it's not intended for that, it's intended for nazis who can't get laid to feel validated and that not dating them is illogical

Ah, got it. I knew there had to be something repulsive behind what seemed like a decent cartoon.

Gaybies Nomination: Worst "Can't let go of Hillary" cartoon

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

loquacius posted:

And of course I'm sure every incel saying "I just don't want to" isn't a valid reason to not date them surely works in reverse and they'd never decline to enter a relationship with someone because they "just don't want to."

SirSamVimes posted:

I know Beeler is a shitheel but I don't think his cartoon should be included because it had the elephant accusing Cohen of being a liar while being in the pocket of someone whose pants are literally on fire

Fair enough. I'll edit out the reference.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also, just as a vegan might consider a BBQ buffet an inexcusable celebration of immorality and feel intensely uncomfortable upon finding themselves in one, the average woman would probably be horrified to find herself in a room full of guys like Stonetoss, so, in some ways, it's the perfect metaphor :v:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

In addition to what everyone else already said, she also pretty much schooled the entire room on how to question a witness.

Someone needs an anime body pillow.

Getting some Attack on Titan vibes here... :stare:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

T-man posted:

i will never get off the tallest possible horse, and in that vein should nazi propaganda be treated as art because it involves drawing

(Things I hate: men, the sun, art, facts, reason, logic)

Yeah, art encompasses a lot of awful poo poo. Art there isn't being used as a way to say something is high quality, just a way of identifying what something literally is. To what extent you're referring to the art component of propaganda anyways.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Somfin posted:

He's an artist who got fired from his job, but gently caress class solidarity as long as we can score some idpol points right

Hey! No class reductionism in this thread!

T-man posted:

"help I'm a well off white man who can't do his dream job anymore, pity me also PUTIN"

And you shut the gently caress up!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I love the "Cohen is a liar, how can we trust anything he says" line cause like, last time he was getting paid to lie by Trump, and now Trump is no longer paying him. Do they expect us to just forget all that context, to believe that Cohen just gets off on lying, that he's a lying liar who lies for no reason?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pakled posted:

I love the "Cohen is a liar, how can we trust anything he says" line cause like, last time he was getting paid to lie by Trump, and now Trump is no longer paying him. Do they expect us to just forget all that context, to believe that Cohen just gets off on lying, that he's a lying liar who lies for no reason?

They don't want anyone to believe anything. They want a fig leaf for people who are committed to the right wing ideology to be able to use to justify ignoring all this evidence, and they want to run interference as long as possible before the hammer drops, if it ever actually drops. They're trying to pile up short term gains and delay tactics so high that we never get to the other end of it, and that's been their party ideology for at least the last 30 years.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

PowerBeard posted:

If you don't know history, sure.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Lurdiak posted:

They don't want anyone to believe anything. They want a fig leaf for people who are committed to the right wing ideology to be able to use to justify ignoring all this evidence, and they want to run interference as long as possible before the hammer drops, if it ever actually drops. They're trying to pile up short term gains and delay tactics so high that we never get to the other end of it, and that's been their party ideology for at least the last 30 80 years.

FTFY

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Sandpuppy posted:

Someone needs an anime body pillow.

Society needs to be more accepting of vegans / vegetarians and those who aren't into big sausages, a good cartoon

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

duz posted:

If you don't know history, sure.

I can only remember Sailor

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

PowerBeard posted:

You're, uh... familiar with the reference right

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phan_Thi_Kim_Phuc

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Hmmm...
Just gonna put this down here...
https://twitter.com/willsommer/stat...genumber%3D2823
And walk away.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Compare:

vs

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

InsertPotPun posted:

Hmmm...
And walk away.

I hope this painting shows up in history books in the future. People need to remember this.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Trump and Kim Jong-un's second summit – The US president and the supreme leader of North Korea have met for further talks on disarmament and economic cooperation in Hanoi" After Gillray.

Telegraph:

Labour splits exposed as MP is suspended over antisemitism remarks

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi collapses after negotiations fail

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Theresa May's 'simples' comment

After Aleksandr the Meerkat.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

AND “LYING RAT” FINISHES OUT OF THE MONEY

Yesterday Michael Cohen admitted he was coached by notorious Trump-hater Adam “Shifty” Schiff for his hearing in front of Congress.

The Democrats held this show hearing while our President was in North Korea negotiating for nuclear disarmament. They were trying to distract from the historic summit with Kim Jung-un in Vietnam.

Cohen, a convicted felon for lying to congress, testified in front of the Democrat House for the sole objective of keeping the failed Russian Collusion narrative going.

Cohen lied again and again. Expect this list to grow.

- Cohen addicted to lobbying as a foreign agent for Kazakhstan despite failing to register as one.
- Cohen told Congress he never defrauded a bank despite pleading guilty to bank fraud.
- Cohen denied having a desire to work at the White House after Trump was elected. Even CNN admitted Cohen lied, noting it was well known that Cohen did indeed want to work at the White House.
- Cohen stated he had never been to Prague, which contradicts the infamous Steele Dossier. Either Cohen is lying, or the Steele Dossier fabricated the claim Cohen traveled to Prague.
- Cohen lied to the IRS.
- Cohen has been disbarred.

The Democrats think we will believe a confirmed lying Rat that attacks the President?

Not on your life.

I am looking forward to a Trump 2020 landslide and all the hamburgers you can eat!

Hope you enjoyed this Tina Toon

Tina

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

InsertPotPun posted:

Hmmm...
And walk away.

I'm the lush green plains of Appalachia.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
So like, how many documented instances of Trump lying do we have? I assume that means we can't trust anything he says right?

I mean, you're pretty loving dense if you do anyway. It just seems like now a lot of Republicans are agreeing that he shouldn't be trusted ever again either so hey that's progress.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Goddamn, Tina Garrison's a bad artist. But also:

Trogdos! posted:

quote:

The Democrats held this show hearing while our President was in North Korea negotiating for nuclear disarmament. They were trying to distract from the historic summit with Kim Jung-un in Vietnam.

If you're not going to admit that Trump's summit with Chairman Kim was an unmitigated disaster, you could at least spell his drat name right.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

But Tina? Who ordered Cohen to do all those terrible things on the behalf of for a decade? We should find out.

Surely someone's with honor and integrity and who knows how to hire very fine people would sniff out this rat long ago.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 28, 2019

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Remember trash like Stonetoss don't even really consider women to be humans and not granting them the same range of emotions as men is one of the symptoms of that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The historic summit that Trump walked out on lmao.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Millions of bogong moths usually line the walls of caves in the Australian Alps over summer but in the last few years their numbers have been drastically reduced. The moths are an important food source for that ecosystem so it's extremely bad news - there are reports of starving pygmy possums.

Rowe 1:

Rowe 2:

Wilcox:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

chairface posted:

I'm the lush green plains of Appalachia.

I'm the dark barren wastelands of Weedlandia.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Grimdude posted:

So like, how many documented instances of Trump lying do we have?

He hit 5,000 documented false or misleading statements on the 600th day of his presidency. However, he's stepped up his game since then with a further 1,419 in the seven weeks up to the 2018 midterms. At his average pace before the midterms he'd be at roughly 7,500 today; if he kept up the election season rate then he'll be above 9,000.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

The funny thing about the cry of "people are being distracted from the NK summit by this lying Cohen hearing" is that now we know he walked away with nothing and a distraction would be a blessing for Trump.

Him and his supporters should be so thankful that the spotlight wasn't on how completely ineffective he is at the one thing he's supposed to be good at.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

seiferguy posted:

You're, uh... familiar with the reference right

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phan_Thi_Kim_Phuc

drat, remember seeing the picture but that went to the back of my mind.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jedit posted:

He hit 5,000 documented false or misleading statements on the 600th day of his presidency. However, he's stepped up his game since then with a further 1,419 in the seven weeks up to the 2018 midterms. At his average pace before the midterms he'd be at roughly 7,500 today; if he kept up the election season rate then he'll be above 9,000.

How does that compare to other presidents or were those metrics never kept?

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How does that compare to other presidents or were those metrics never kept?

Well, it merited news reporting when Obama said something objectively untrue so

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Yeah, Democrats definitely haven't been running any other high-profile investigations recently. They've really been fooled by this Mueller charlatan.

Pakled posted:

You shouldn't trust him blindly, that much is true.

The point is to scream loudly enough that people ignore all the evidence Cohen presented during that testimony.

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1100783947250913282

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

FronzelNeekburm posted:

You shouldn't trust him blindly, that much is true.

The point is to scream loudly enough that people ignore all the evidence Cohen presented during that testimony.

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1100783947250913282

Yeah, there is a simple reason every GOP flak's response to Cohen's testimony is to attack his character. They really, really don't want to engage with the substance his testimony and the collaborating evidence.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I don't get how you can perform so much mental gymnastics that you don't care that the President has surrounded himself with horrible, corrupt people.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Every decent, hardworking American is a temporarily honest and unemployed horrible, corrupt Trump Administration employee.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't get how you can perform so much mental gymnastics that you don't care that the President has surrounded himself with horrible, corrupt people.

Every president has done that, but THIS time, he's doing it for ME!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

How have the issues in that family not caused a massive public meltdown from at least one of them? Dad wants to bang his daughter, cheats on his wife, thinks his son is a dipshit and hates the daughter he doesn't want to bang.

I still can't get over how obvious it has always been that Don Jr. has serious dad issues and just craves his approval. Dressing up in a Donald Trump spandex costume was enough, but then hearing that his dad jokes about how stupid he is to people is just the best icing.