Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
$500 is probably a very good price for a car from the future...unless deflation got really loving serious around then...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shamino posted:

I don't need it... I don't need it....

Like hell you don't.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Shamino posted:

only 500 dollars that you can probably knock down even more, and put an LS in it. Though if you do get it, the stripes must remain.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The gently caress I'd buy it because it's only $500 bucks. How many of those rad wagon Pintos are even left in the world?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
love me some bubble windows

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shamino posted:

You need it you need it you need it you need it you need it

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
gently caress, if it weren't in Texas, I'd buy it

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Elephanthead posted:

I don't want the ladies that car would attract.

What sort of lady would that be?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

fakeaccount posted:

Cross posting from the Tinder thread:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Carth Dookie posted:

Well, it would be an. Interesting date, that's for sure.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Shamino posted:

A Pinto from the future! Ford doing 100 year old retro with their 2077 range.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That price seems like fire sale levels to me.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Colostomy Bag posted:

That price seems like fire sale levels to me.

Well, it is a Pinto.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The Door Frame posted:

gently caress, if it weren't in Texas, I'd buy it

poo poo, I'm in Texas, and it's still too far (about 250 miles SSW of Dallas. Almost to Houston.) Maybe if I had somewhere to stash it until the Pate Swap Meet at the end of April.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I've got a farm in Brenham you can stash it at

It might even be light enough to not crush my trailer.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

It brings a tear to my eye how the goon community bands together to save a deathtrap of a wagon. And a piece of automotive history.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Mustache Ride posted:

I've got a farm in Brenham you can stash it at

It might even be light enough to not crush my trailer.

Enabler. I already have several cars at my folks place in Parker County.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Better you buy it than me.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/396849144460024/

hmmm....

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Goddamn, that's disgustingly amazing.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

I've been seeing this more and more on FB marketplace. I think people intentionally enter the wrong vehicle to get more views.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

It brings a tear to my eye how the goon community bands together to save a deathtrap of a wagon. And a piece of automotive history.

"Okay, we all agree it should be bought. Who's taking the bullet this time?"

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

keykey posted:

Goddamn, that's disgustingly amazing.

It's also not a Jeep, Cherokee, 1982, nor an automatic.
Literally everything about the listing is wrong. I bet it's not even in California. That takes dedication.

edit: also, I want to buy it and save it from... that. Why were lowrider Samurais ever a thing?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Darchangel posted:

It's also not a Jeep, Cherokee, 1982, nor an automatic.
Literally everything about the listing is wrong. I bet it's not even in California. That takes dedication.

edit: also, I want to buy it and save it from... that. Why were lowrider Samurais ever a thing?

Hey: Never look at any Samurai that is or ever has been in Puerto Rico.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

boxen posted:

"Okay, we all agree it should be bought. Who's taking the bullet this time?"

Wish I could. My limbs and head are covered in gauze and I'm on a ventilator.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I swear that style of carpet was created just so puke stains wouldn't be visible on it.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Colostomy Bag posted:

My friend had one that had been earl shribed poo poo brown.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

fakeaccount posted:

Ladies with bad taste in cars of course. Sever if she doesn't have at least 3 miatas.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Elephanthead posted:

My friend had one that had been earl shribed poo poo brown.

Earl Sheib would paint any car, any color for $99.95. So your friend waltzed in and picked "poo poo Brown" out of the palette or was it the previous owner?

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
Facebook marketplace ad of the week.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Since when is a door a valid VIN location? I mean, yeah, they put VIN stickers on the striker side of the door for convenience, but it's not a legal, actual, VIN tag as far as I know. A door isn't enough of "a car" for a VIN to be attached to. There are actual, you know, laws about that. Last I heard, you had to have at least a significant portion of the firewall, where the legal VIN is stamped or attached.

edit: I'm more interested in the line of things on the fender, and the one on the red door. Those are familiar to me for some reason, I think from my computer retail days. Some sort of PC, maybe? Or battery back ups?

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Darchangel posted:

edit: I'm more interested in the line of things on the fender, and the one on the red door. Those are familiar to me for some reason, I think from my computer retail days. Some sort of PC, maybe? Or battery back ups?

I'm reasonably sure they're PC's (Compaq, maybe?) from the mid-2000's, I think I remember seeing a bunch of them in the library when I was in school.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Carth Dookie posted:

Clearly I'm world class at ignoring red flags because the only problem I see there is non-monogamous (not judging, just not for me).

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I'm not big on Kylie Minogue either but I'd swipe right if not up (only because up is weird never swipe up)

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Darchangel posted:

Since when is a door a valid VIN location? I mean, yeah, they put VIN stickers on the striker side of the door for convenience, but it's not a legal, actual, VIN tag as far as I know. A door isn't enough of "a car" for a VIN to be attached to. There are actual, you know, laws about that. Last I heard, you had to have at least a significant portion of the firewall, where the legal VIN is stamped or attached.

That was before standardized vin locations. My buddy had a 68 Cougar in high school and he had problems at inspection because he switched the doors for ones with tinted glass before it got painted. I forget exactly what he had to go through since it was so long ago but he did have the original door luckily.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In case you wanted Testarossa side strakes on your, uh, Mazda B2200

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2257984000929265/

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I for one am glad minitruckin is coming back, though I wonder how many of them are left to mod... and it just wouldn't be the same with a current taco/frontier/canyonero/ranger

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

NumbersMatching320 posted:

I for one am glad minitruckin is coming back, though I wonder how many of them are left to mod... and it just wouldn't be the same with a current taco/frontier/canyonero/ranger

I think it might be more that the 90s is coming back/is back so all that hyper-florescent paintwork and low rider Berettas and stuff is creeping into cool again, and minitruckin' is a part of that. I remember mocking this stuff as a kid and now I see it and go "hell yeah!"

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

slidebite posted:

Screenshot dude

Holy poo poo that interior :lol:

I am, most definitely, the shifter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

KakerMix posted:

low rider Berettas

Berettas (and the 4-door Corsicas) are so rare to see anymore that I actually point them out to my wife on road trips. If anyone can keep one running and wants to pimp it out, they should be given a medal. Or a padded cell. Whichever.