Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate The Promised Neverland?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Looks like Norman is going to take the French Revolution path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Jesus that was one hell of a mood turn there.

The Norman fanclub was hilarious and endearing and then they got loving terrifying.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Dammit Emma, develop a poker face like everyone else.

Looks like Norman is working with cattle raiders or some similar group. I think his objective is the liberation of the Grace Field crew now that the pressure will be turned up on people like Phil given the recent break in. And we're still not sure what happened to phil when Alexander went to talk with him.

I can't imagine that the demons working with Norman know he wants the complete destruction of all demons, but I can imagine that they think they will be getting to eat humans down the line if they help him. Possibly after they backstab him, and he's probably planning to do the same in kind.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Some goddamn incredible faces is this chapter, holy poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Tons of new information in this chapter

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/the-promised-neverland/en/0/125/page/1

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Norman is one stone cold motherfucker

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Don't gently caress with Norman.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I also really like that both sides know full well that they plan on loving each other over

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I loved how the first arc was about two parties who knew the other was planning to gently caress them, but having to get along to get what they want while still plotting their downfall, so it'll be great if we see a higher stakes version of that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/the-promised-neverland/en/0/126/page/1

Looks like the news about Sonjuu and Musica is bigger news than they thought.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

When you ask someone about their favourite MCU movie

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Blaze Dragon posted:

When you ask someone about their favourite MCU movie

"Yeeeaah. So while Emma and Ray were trying to get to Goldy Pond, which was a trap, but they didn't know that, but it was, but they hadn't gotten there yet, so they went through a forest full of feral demons, big, ugly, nasty, dumb, so no problem, but it was a problem, so they were almost dead in the water but these people saved them, but they weren't people they were demons, but like vegetarian..."

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The fact that Norman refers to Musica's clan as cursed blood makes me think we're going to get a human-demon hybrid reveal.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Can Of Worms posted:

The fact that Norman refers to Musica's clan as cursed blood makes me think we're going to get a human-demon hybrid reveal.

Of course, it's so simple! We save the demons by banging them!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/the-promised-neverland/en/0/126/page/1

Looks like the news about Sonjuu and Musica is bigger news than they thought.
Norman's plan isn't bad, but there's a lot of unknowns regarding the king itself and having a clan of demons that don't need to eat humans isn't going to help your genocide plan. Time to see what we can finally learn about Musica.

Crain posted:

"Yeeeaah. So while Emma and Ray were trying to get to Goldy Pond, which was a trap, but they didn't know that, but it was, but they hadn't gotten there yet, so they went through a forest full of feral demons, big, ugly, nasty, dumb, so no problem, but it was a problem, so they were almost dead in the water but these people saved them, but they weren't people they were demons, but like vegetarian..."

I'd completely forgotten Luis' verbose flashbacks when I went to see Antman and the Wasp. I bust my gut laughing during the interrogation scene.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

RatHat posted:

Of course, it's so simple! We save the demons by banging them!

Final arc is just chapter after chapter of the massive peace orgy.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think one of this comic's biggest strengths is not pushing one idea as the correct one. Emma and Norman are both making good points about the hell world they live in.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New chapter https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/the-promised-neverland/en/0/127/page/1

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Norman isn't here for any of that "Save everyone cause Emma wants to" bullshit anymore, I guess.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Radish posted:

I think one of this comic's biggest strengths is not pushing one idea as the correct one. Emma and Norman are both making good points about the hell world they live in.

Norman's all bluster and villainous realpolitik and I'm relishing his downfall.

The triumph of the heart will lead to glories unimagined.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It's kind of funny that Norman is 100% correct about peace not being that simple. Even our buddy Sonju is 100% about eating humans once they stop being cattle.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I really like that I can't easily see where this is going. Both arguments are totally valid but have their own massive flaws, and there's really not a middle ground you can come to. Super curious how things develop from here.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Man the expressions were really powerful this chapter.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

Mulderman posted:

Man the expressions were really powerful this chapter.

Emma definitely had a case of the meltyface going on.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i just started reading this and i'm on chapter 25. really intriguing so far.

is this all a big metaphor for climate change

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It honestly feels like a metaphor for the evils of factory farming.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I can be your angle... Or yuor devil

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We just keep learning new facts about Norman each chapter. First we learned that his favourite MCU movie was Civil War, and now that his favourite mecha anime is Mazinger.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I horfed down all the chapters after the material covered in the anime today and I have to say, this comic manages to stay consistently interesting, and deals with some neat big ideas.

That being said I seriously don't see how this is going to end in any way other than Emma ends up getting what she wants through the power of being the protagonist. Hopefully it's an interesting ride to get there, though.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well of course it's gonna be the most maximally happy ending, minus ancillary character deaths

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I see that Norman is going through his chuuni stage

lmao

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I've been thinking about Mujika and why she appeared as she did. We know that she first appeared after the Promise was made to save starving Demons; could she have appeared because of the Promise? That might explain why she wasn't killed after all this time, maybe she's a symbol of the pact between Demons and humans. If she died, then who knows what could happen. And if Emma wants to make a new promise and protect the Demons in the process, would she turn into another Mujika?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Is there a good place to read the manga online? There's a gap of like a volume and a half between where the official licensed TL stops for now and where consistent fan TL's pick up on Mangadex.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Is there a good place to read the manga online? There's a gap of like a volume and a half between where the official licensed TL stops for now and where consistent fan TL's pick up on Mangadex.

Viz has all the chapters if you have an account. https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/the-promised-neverland

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I've been thinking about Mujika and why she appeared as she did. We know that she first appeared after the Promise was made to save starving Demons; could she have appeared because of the Promise? That might explain why she wasn't killed after all this time, maybe she's a symbol of the pact between Demons and humans. If she died, then who knows what could happen. And if Emma wants to make a new promise and protect the Demons in the process, would she turn into another Mujika?

I don't think she wasn't killed because she's a symbol of any kind as I genuinely believe the current ruling families wanted to purge her bloodline and maintain the status quo they were creating. I think she managed to just evade capture through helpers like Sonju. With the majority of her other followers swept up in the purge. As for why she appeared, she has knowledge of the 7 walls and kept a symbol of the eye which directly led discovering to the gateway. I think it's fairly obvious she's related to the demon king in some way. Possibly an envoy and as you say, an entity that was supposed to help demons keep the pact by removing their need to consume humans for survival. If true, it calls into question why the ruling families have these feasts for their king where I still assume they somehow sacrifice the top quality children to it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

I don't think she wasn't killed because she's a symbol of any kind as I genuinely believe the current ruling families wanted to purge her bloodline and maintain the status quo they were creating. I think she managed to just evade capture through helpers like Sonju. With the majority of her other followers swept up in the purge. As for why she appeared, she has knowledge of the 7 walls and kept a symbol of the eye which directly led discovering to the gateway. I think it's fairly obvious she's related to the demon king in some way. Possibly an envoy and as you say, an entity that was supposed to help demons keep the pact by removing their need to consume humans for survival. If true, it calls into question why the ruling families have these feasts for their king where I still assume they somehow sacrifice the top quality children to it.

Your mixed up. The Demon King and are different beings. appears to be more their god then king.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 31, 2019

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spent the weekend binging the manga after enjoying the anime. Story's real good, although I'm not sure if any of the post-escape stuff quite matches up to the first arc.

Also my gut says that there's something even more wrong with Norman than is immediately obvious. Something about how he just kind of escaped from Lambda off-screen feels way way way too easy. I suspect he's being played somehow.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Spiritus Nox posted:

Spent the weekend binging the manga after enjoying the anime. Story's real good, although I'm not sure if any of the post-escape stuff quite matches up to the first arc.

There's no doubt that there was a something in the first arc that nothing afterwards managed to retain or copy, though at least the manga never got bad. It's still super good, but it lacks that sheer tension.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

There's no doubt that there was a something in the first arc that nothing afterwards managed to retain or copy, though at least the manga never got bad. It's still super good, but it lacks that sheer tension.

It's definitely lost a little focus having had to transition away from the first arc's overriding singular goal of "WE GOTTA GET THE gently caress OUT." At basically every point afterwards, the gang's objectives have either been way more vague or way more numerous. It's still very strong though, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Recent developments have really ramped up the tension for me, at least. Like the first arc there's just no clear way for Emma to win, and to make matters worse she's gotta go up against Norman and his gang of superfreaks, who are by far smarter, stronger and have more resources than her. Stuff like the Goldy Pond Arc wasn't as tense for sure, but I did enjoy the catharsis of seeing the demons brought down from mythical status.

It seems like this is the last arc though, and I would've really enjoyed a break-in arc of Emma and Ray trying to get the rest of the kids out with beefed up security and a new mama.