Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Man, I need to kick corps more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Why in particular?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Why in particular?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/avofad/tnt_kicks_botting_corporation_thering_out_of/

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Having Wibla on the Metashow talking about the thought process behind kicking corps would be interesting. Alliance leadership is something I'll never do but I like hearing about it.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ynglaur posted:

Having Wibla on the Metashow talking about the thought process behind kicking corps would be interesting. Alliance leadership is something I'll never do but I like hearing about it.

TNT seems pretty plugged into the GSF services, I'd guess they collecting the same metrics we do?

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Rutibex posted:

I want to get the Syndicate skin. It's basically just the normal skin but with a lower case "i" logo, but I want it. My character is Intaki and I always liked syndicate region the best. I specifically went with the Syndicate Damage Control instead of the Sentient one for the same reason.

One day, all of the Goonion will return to Syndicate to begin anew, in that beloved creche of spaceship insanity. So it is foretold.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

DrDork posted:

One day, all of the Goonion will return to Syndicate to begin anew, in that beloved creche of spaceship insanity. So it is foretold.

No lie I think recent recruits should fleet up and pilgrimage to our ancestral home. Some kind of Ferox roam or some poo poo.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Micromancer posted:

No lie I think recent recruits should fleet up and pilgrimage to our ancestral home. Some kind of Ferox roam or some poo poo.

I have a secret stash in a back corner of Syndicate for this very purpose. I hoped I could one day convince my old RL friends to come to Syndicate and bully the locals. Or maybe Groon?

I donno I just like the region.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

It's way more fun talking about shooting blues, the actual administrative work is a pain in the rear end. Dealing with idiots in corp leadership and members who break the rules is some of the most unfun poo poo ever.

Klyith posted:

TNT seems pretty plugged into the GSF services, I'd guess they collecting the same metrics we do?

One of our guys made one of the primary tools for participation tracking :v:

Wibla fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 1, 2019

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
This is a good time to remind people that if you're a Goonwaffe member, or you're trying to join/rejoin Goonwaffe, and you have auth issues, you should email newbies@goonfleet.com. We'll try to help you out and apologize if we can't.

Conversely, if you've never been in Goonwaffe, aren't trying to join Goonwaffe, we probably can't help. Especially if your problem is that you've picked a fight with Wilba while having blacklisted members in your corp.

Cheers!

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Maneck posted:

This is a good time to remind people that if you're a Goonwaffe member, or you're trying to join/rejoin Goonwaffe, and you have auth issues, you should email newbies@goonfleet.com. We'll try to help you out and apologize if we can't.

Conversely, if you've never been in Goonwaffe, aren't trying to join Goonwaffe, we probably can't help. Especially if your problem is that you've picked a fight with Wilba while having blacklisted members in your corp.

Cheers!

You can't just say that and not spill all the salt.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I feel Maneck has a story to tell here :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Maneck posted:

picked a fight with Wibla while having blacklisted members in your corp

:allears:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Wilba would know the actual details of what happened.

The email is nothing special beyond the incorrect premise that the Goonwaffe auth team can do literally anything when an ally kicks a corp. Didn't mean to tease.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Gods drat people are dumb sometimes. I am going to vent here, but if you see an item that sells in high volume for say 445k isk a unit, and you see the buy orders are around 250k a unit, you aren’t going to discourage anyone at all from matching your buy order if you randomly throw one for 325k a unit.

Thats not how trading in high volume items works. In fact, most traders like myself are perfectly willing, if pushed, to take their high selling volume buy orders all the way up to the limit of their profitability based on skills, brokers fees, and taxes.

So what exactly are you accomplishing by jumping buy orders that much in this case—when you can easily see both the sell and buy volume is very high—other than just being like “hey, I want to pay an unnecessarily high price for this item!”

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ZombieLenin posted:

Gods drat people are dumb sometimes. I am going to vent here, but if you see an item that sells in high volume for say 445k isk a unit, and you see the buy orders are around 250k a unit, you aren’t going to discourage anyone at all from matching your buy order if you randomly throw one for 325k a unit.

Thats not how trading in high volume items works. In fact, most traders like myself are perfectly willing, if pushed, to take their high selling volume buy orders all the way up to the limit of their profitability based on skills, brokers fees, and taxes.

So what exactly are you accomplishing by jumping buy orders that much in this case—when you can easily see both the sell and buy volume is very high—other than just being like “hey, I want to pay an unnecessarily high price for this item!”

finding the pain point where a market competitor gives up is useful and cutting profit out of it is a good way to push some people out so you can enter that market

i'm selling a few specific products in 1dq and have been doing so pretty much at cost for a while until everyone gets the message to get the gently caress out of my market (it helps that i'm perfectly happy to sell at cost since a big reason i'm producing is to make it easier to sell some of my reaction products).

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ZombieLenin posted:

gently caress the world

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Maneck posted:

Wilba would know the actual details of what happened.

The email is nothing special beyond the incorrect premise that the Goonwaffe auth team can do literally anything when an ally kicks a corp. Didn't mean to tease.

Who's Wilba anyways? :haw:

But no seriously, ping me on jabber and tell me what's up :P

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

The only thing fun about this game is it lets me make other people hate it

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

evilweasel posted:

finding the pain point where a market competitor gives up is useful and cutting profit out of it is a good way to push some people out so you can enter that market

i'm selling a few specific products in 1dq and have been doing so pretty much at cost for a while until everyone gets the message to get the gently caress out of my market (it helps that i'm perfectly happy to sell at cost since a big reason i'm producing is to make it easier to sell some of my reaction products).

Blue market PVP is best PVP. Also :argh: I'm too space-poor to compete with such nefarious tactics.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

Blue market PVP is best PVP. Also :argh: I'm too space-poor to compete with such nefarious tactics.

dont make the T2 products he's sellin then :smugmrgw:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

ZombieLenin posted:

Was it for a small quantity relative to the total volume, so maybe they're hoping you or another bulk trader would just sell to his order to clear it rather than push the floor upwards and take less profit for however long it takes to trend back down to 250k? And he doesn't want to sit around and .01 isk all day to get his order filled at the buy price?

It's dumb relative to other people doing pure buy-sell market trading, but not if he needs those items for something. Maybe he low-balled his order price though if everyone followed him.

Pomp posted:

The only thing fun about this game is it lets me make other people hate it

One time a few years ago, a guy on reddit was crying about jita market bots making it impossible to sell an item. It's some deadspace remote rep, type of thing that's rare but not in demand. So of course it's got a huge 15m buy/20m sell spread and a pittance of daily volume. The guy is crying because he wants to sell it high and the evil bots are stealing 5 million isk from him.

So I decided to teach a lesson about market prices: I buy one of the same thing in amarr for 16m, zip back to jita, and put it on the market. A few price adjustments later and most of the market bots have followed me down to a few hundred thou above buy. Screenshot that and pm it to the guy with "now you don't have to worry about the bots undercutting you".

Sadly I didn't get the response I was hoping for, just a gently caress you.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

It is rational behaviour if the person on the other end of the buy order actually wants the product to use it. If you know the product is so high volume then you are an idiot for matching this small order with your big "market pvp" order.

People see that the guy buying 100 space widgets changed HIS order and now everyone has to undercut it to stay in the market. Look at that you just raised the average it price for everyone! If you just waited for the "huge market volume" to clear out that buyer you won't crash the price.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ZombieLenin posted:

:eyepop:

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Rutibex posted:

Or maybe Groon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYgeMLC0Y8s

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
I almost felt bad today:

I was dicking around with exploring in an Astero, and found a neutral trying to explore in the same system. There was no one else in the system. I found him in his dinky Heron trying to hack a can and...I killed him. As I locked him up he drops in local "no, plz." "why?" "last monies. my boat ;_;" He then didn't even bother to try to save his pod, and instead actually got a little annoyed when I didn't pod him immediately.

The killmail showed he was, indeed, rocking a half-fit pure T1 boat. All the way down in Period Basis, somehow.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Never believe the lies. They're never down to their last boat.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

It seems like every day I play this game I run into Goonswarm members autistically screeching about how they are the best at the game, how everyone else sucks, etc. I could understand cockiness if the matchups in warfare were even or almost even in terms of power, fleet numbers, or other comparable statistics. Being able to win a fight would be a reflection of the skill of the fleet commanders and the people playing the game. This could not be further from the case though. Through actions, both legal and illegal, Goonswarm has been able to seize control of the game.

1) They have set up a botting empire. While I do realize that not every single Goonswarm member is a botter, it would be foolish to say that they do not welcome botters in with open arms. Of course, when it becomes obvious that a corp is populated by botters Goonswarm takes action (think TNT the other day). By harnessing the power of bots they have built their alliance to the point it is currently at (after all who can compete versus hundreds of rorquals mining 23 hours a day in terms of sheer economic output).

2) They have taken advantage of CSM privileges to push their agenda forward. While not technically against the rules, this is against the spirit of the game. Goonswarm and company account for around half of the members of the annual CSM group. As a member of this group they receive inside information about the future of the game that allows them to better position themselves and their alliance for future success.

3) Some members of Goonswarm use their positions as moderators on this subreddit to instantly silence any criticism of their alliance. Olmeca was not lying when he said that moderator abuse on behalf of Goonswarm is an issue. I have had countless posts be deleted with zero explanation for the mods. Coincidentally these posts all highlighted the issues with the rampant botting in Goonswarm among other things. In fact I'd be willing to bet 20 billion ISK that this post is pulled down within 30 minutes of posting.

4) They made way too big of an alliance. In almost any fight against Goonswarm you are going to be severely outnumbered. This is because they alone are an alliance with 35,000 members (according to DOTLAN). Out of the top 11 alliances by population, 6 are allied with Goonswarm. By adding up the numbers on DOTLAN you can see that between 2/3 to 3/4 of the Sov controlling alliance population belongs to Goonswarm. While this does include alts, you would be a fool to believe that anybody has the numbers to contend.

TLDR: Goon leadership supports botting, CSM privileges are abused by Goonswarm members, mods of this subreddit who are also in Goonswarm defend their practices, and they outnumber pretty much everyone else in the game combined in null. Not much to brag about now, is it?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It seems like every day I play this game I run into Goonswarm members autistically screeching about how they are the best at the game, how everyone else sucks, etc. I could understand cockiness if the matchups in warfare were even or almost even in terms of power, fleet numbers, or other comparable statistics. Being able to win a fight would be a reflection of the skill of the fleet commanders and the people playing the game. This could not be further from the case though. Through actions, both legal and illegal, Goonswarm has been able to seize control of the game.

1) They have set up a botting empire. While I do realize that not every single Goonswarm member is a botter, it would be foolish to say that they do not welcome botters in with open arms. Of course, when it becomes obvious that a corp is populated by botters Goonswarm takes action (think TNT the other day). By harnessing the power of bots they have built their alliance to the point it is currently at (after all who can compete versus hundreds of rorquals mining 23 hours a day in terms of sheer economic output).

2) They have taken advantage of CSM privileges to push their agenda forward. While not technically against the rules, this is against the spirit of the game. Goonswarm and company account for around half of the members of the annual CSM group. As a member of this group they receive inside information about the future of the game that allows them to better position themselves and their alliance for future success.

3) Some members of Goonswarm use their positions as moderators on this subreddit to instantly silence any criticism of their alliance. Olmeca was not lying when he said that moderator abuse on behalf of Goonswarm is an issue. I have had countless posts be deleted with zero explanation for the mods. Coincidentally these posts all highlighted the issues with the rampant botting in Goonswarm among other things. In fact I'd be willing to bet 20 billion ISK that this post is pulled down within 30 minutes of posting.

4) They made way too big of an alliance. In almost any fight against Goonswarm you are going to be severely outnumbered. This is because they alone are an alliance with 35,000 members (according to DOTLAN). Out of the top 11 alliances by population, 6 are allied with Goonswarm. By adding up the numbers on DOTLAN you can see that between 2/3 to 3/4 of the Sov controlling alliance population belongs to Goonswarm. While this does include alts, you would be a fool to believe that anybody has the numbers to contend.

TLDR: Goon leadership supports botting, CSM privileges are abused by Goonswarm members, mods of this subreddit who are also in Goonswarm defend their practices, and they outnumber pretty much everyone else in the game combined in null. Not much to brag about now, is it?

Did olmeca somehow manage to get unbanned from r/eve?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

We are literally Bob.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

dragonshardz posted:

Did olmeca somehow manage to get unbanned from r/eve?

olmeca wasn't banned

also

quote:

Olmeca_Gold [score hidden] 32 minutes ago
I have never shied away from posting controversial stuff from my main acc.
which I have to give credit

no matter how hard his attempts at rabble-rousing on reddit fall on their face, he continues to :justpost:

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

DrDork posted:

I almost felt bad today:

I was dicking around with exploring in an Astero, and found a neutral trying to explore in the same system. There was no one else in the system. I found him in his dinky Heron trying to hack a can and...I killed him. As I locked him up he drops in local "no, plz." "why?" "last monies. my boat ;_;" He then didn't even bother to try to save his pod, and instead actually got a little annoyed when I didn't pod him immediately.

The killmail showed he was, indeed, rocking a half-fit pure T1 boat. All the way down in Period Basis, somehow.

Last time I tried to sealclub a heron, the little fucker had T2 rockets and ripped into me like a pissy honeybadger. I was in structure and mentally prepared for humiliation before I got him.

Never know what you are gonna get.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DrDork posted:

I almost felt bad today:

Wow your a monster.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
So if I take my free account and pay for a month of time, what happens after that month ends? Cannot play that character until I pay more?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

You can play for free, but your character has limitations on what it can do.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Hasselblad posted:

So if I take my free account and pay for a month of time, what happens after that month ends? Cannot play that character until I pay more?

During the month you get twice the train speed you are currently getting, you also gain access to skills you do not normally have access to (t2 ships, t2 large weapons, etc). Then when you go back to an alpha (F2P) you go back to half training speed. If you trained a skill during those 30d which is retricted from f2p, let's say Cloaking, you do not unlearn that cloaking skill but you will not be able to utilize it. If you pay for month again, you will regain access to Cloaking.

I hope I explained that well enough.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

FranktheBank posted:

During the month you get twice the train speed you are currently getting, you also gain access to skills you do not normally have access to (t2 ships, t2 large weapons, etc). Then when you go back to an alpha (F2P) you go back to half training speed. If you trained a skill during those 30d which is retricted from f2p, let's say Cloaking, you do not unlearn that cloaking skill but you will not be able to utilize it. If you pay for month again, you will regain access to Cloaking.

I hope I explained that well enough.

No, that explained it well. For now I have not really been playing beyond the tutorial missions and logging in every so often to toss things in my queue.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
A lot of players at the "endgame" who have titan or super pilots or so on will drop their subs unless they are using them, this is pretty common practice.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Paramemetic posted:

A lot of players at the "endgame" who have titan or super pilots or so on will drop their subs unless they are using them, this is pretty common practice.

Yeah, when you have a perfect titan/super-dedicated pilot you can unsub it during non-war times. Or you can drops on gangs that roam delve if you want to make use of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i give olmeca props, he's actually done trillions of damage and made easily a trillion in profit