Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Vengarr posted:

Maki's "I want to die" expression never gets old.

Nah she doesn't want to die, she just really really likes that milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

Can Of Worms posted:

more Maki bullying

:eng99:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

layers upon layers

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Coaaab posted:

layers upon layers

:perfect:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You can tell how excited the author is about the live action movie just by how the story seems kinda contorted by the inclusion of the references to the actors.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The meta is too strong.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ishigami, what a guy. So this is how a nerd can go alpha.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 1, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pharohman777 posted:

You can tell how excited the author is about the live action movie just by how the story seems kinda contorted by the inclusion of the references to the actors.

Same thing happened when the anime was announced.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I like that despite the confession there's still a battle going on to advance the relationship at all or even acknowledge to one another that they're dating, it's a fun wrinkle that I didn't expect when the confession was so explicit on both sides but I totally buy that they've both been battling for so long that they can't see eye to eye and start dating.

It probably won't last too long since all that's really stopping it is them being alone together while they're both well rested, though I expect some hurdles will come in to delay things even once they're in that situation.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

As a further 'gently caress you' to most Romance anime/manga that end on the confession, go watch Tsurezere Children for a series that handles dating/couple drama/fun.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I just hope that if Kaguya and Shirogane go to Stanford together that we'll still see plenty of the side characters as well. I've grown really attached to them and I'll be disappointed if they fall to the wayside to focus more on the main couple.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

We'll also probably get plenty of new American students there.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It kinda feels like we might be transitioning full-time to the Ishigami Wars, with Kaguya and Prez as side characters.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Maybe it's just me but, I really hope Iino doesn't win the Ishigami bowl. Besides being pretty cliche, I just don't think she deserves him. Maybe if she goes through some serious character development first

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Three months in the manga would probably cover like 40-50 chapters, so that's plenty of time for whatever development.

And yeah, right now they're smack dab in the transition phase from mutual public enmity —> friendship, where both can declare their romantic preferences & intentions, but don't even see the slightest possibility of the other fulfilling them at this point in time (Miko was happy about the pictures but easily disposed of the amulet). This upcoming Christmas party, Valentine's, and White Day are likely to be catalysts for whatever big event will happen at the end of those three months.

I like Iino and want her to find her own happiness, whether or not that's with Ishigami.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
iino's always been incredibly harsh and unpleasant to ishigami. it wasn't tsundere bullshit either; she legitimately thought he was garbage and denied that he has any good points. that's not a great basis for a relationship.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The basis would be the "always secretly helping each other out" bit

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

iino's always been incredibly harsh and unpleasant to ishigami. it wasn't tsundere bullshit either; she legitimately thought he was garbage and denied that he has any good points. that's not a great basis for a relationship.

On the other hand, she was like the one person to stand up for him back in middle school during that whole incident. There's a very real chance her insistence prevented him from being expelled altogether.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Iino does seem to want to keep the heart pendant he picked up for her, by paying close attention to the date when it will become available if unclaimed. And we've seen that she's incredibly susceptible to compliments or other expressions of interest, by anyone.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I would just like to see them become good friends.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Agronox posted:

Same. Not everyone has to date.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Clarste posted:

Iino does seem to want to keep the heart pendant he picked up for her, by paying close attention to the date when it will become available if unclaimed. And we've seen that she's incredibly susceptible to compliments or other expressions of interest, by anyone.

Which reminds me that the date matches the time that Tsubame will respond. EZ drama setup

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Iino is the best and I want her to be happy. Someone is going to hug her

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Namtab posted:

Which of Iino's albums is that from?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Agronox posted:

MagusDraco posted:

Same. Not everyone has to date.

it's a romantic comedy not a platonic comedy

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Namtab posted:

Yes, delinquent boys.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Namtab posted:

If it's Carol, does it count?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Iino and Carol hugging each other might actually cause Namtab to spontaneously tear in two.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

The way I would like to see it is that for some reason Iino develops feelings for Ishigame, maybe she finds out that he was the one who gave her that note in middle school or something. She then decides to confess to him before Tsubame makes her decision and gets rejected hard by Ishigame because why would he go out with her? She's done nothing but treat him like trash the entire time they've known each other.

This forces her to look into a mirror and seriously reflect on herself and we finally get some great character development as she mellows out. Maybe the two find out how much the other helped them out in secret or whatever and they become friends.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Oh man, Ishigame is absolutely his new nickname.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Kaguya and Shirogane are going to graduate, Iino wins the election and decides to appoint Ishigami as her VP and the cycle starts all over again.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

LostRook posted:

Kaguya and Shirogane are going to graduate, Iino wins the election and decides to appoint Ishigami as her VP and the cycle starts all over again.

This tbh

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Shinomiya and Shirogane run the student government at Stanford with their new American friends Chica Fujiwater, Joey Shaggimi and Mickey Uno.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

LostRook posted:

I'm pretty down for that, it'll make for either a cute little ending to the manga or a setup for the manga to jump at will to either the OG couple in America or the new couple at war in Japan. Shifting focuses between the characters like that isn't far at all from what it's been doing so far, so that seems doable.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's gonna turn out that Stanford has a special Satellite campus in America and so the cast can remain in relatively close proximity to each other even after graduation.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Iinos character is perfect already, she doesn't need any character development, just appreciation.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So at some point after Fans stopped paying attention the official doujin went completely off the rails. Chapters 15 and 16 are floating around the kaguya subreddit, 16 is translated, 15 is pretty obvious what's going on in it.

Chapter 15 is a retelling of Cinderella with Maki as Cinderella, Kashiwagi as the stepsister and Kaguya as the stepmother, with Tsubasa as the prince. She's visited by Ishigami the wizard, who does the fairy godmother thing, she goes to the ball, you know the story, then when it's time to try on the glass slipper, Maki's foot doesn't fit for some reason, Kashiwagi's does. Ends with Maki and Ishigami in a pub drowning their sorrows.

Chapter 16 is an alternate future universe or something where Shirogane and Hayasaka are teachers at an elementary school. After work, they go out drinking and have a chat, Hayasaka asks him why he likes working with kids and Shirogane brings up the baseball team thing. Hayasaka points out he'd need a partner for that. Then she says she's not sure if she even likes kids after working with them - but if they were his then she'd love them! It's basically a confession! But he's already fallen asleep at the table. The next day, Shirogane's approached by Kaguya at work. But wait, it's Kaguya-chan, because she's one of the kids he supervises. He tells her he's worried that he's upset one of his friends and she goes "it's ok teacher I love you". How cute.

Not that I'm complaining given the author's track record, but neither of these chapters of this "ero spinoff" have even a slight amount of nudity or sexy situations in them. What the heck is going on over there?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Dabir posted:

So at some point after Fans stopped paying attention the official doujin went completely off the rails. Chapters 15 and 16 are floating around the kaguya subreddit, 16 is translated, 15 is pretty obvious what's going on in it.

Chapter 15 is a retelling of Cinderella with Maki as Cinderella, Kashiwagi as the stepsister and Kaguya as the stepmother, with Tsubasa as the prince. She's visited by Ishigami the wizard, who does the fairy godmother thing, she goes to the ball, you know the story, then when it's time to try on the glass slipper, Maki's foot doesn't fit for some reason, Kashiwagi's does. Ends with Maki and Ishigami in a pub drowning their sorrows.

Chapter 16 is an alternate future universe or something where Shirogane and Hayasaka are teachers at an elementary school. After work, they go out drinking and have a chat, Hayasaka asks him why he likes working with kids and Shirogane brings up the baseball team thing. Hayasaka points out he'd need a partner for that. Then she says she's not sure if she even likes kids after working with them - but if they were his then she'd love them! It's basically a confession! But he's already fallen asleep at the table. The next day, Shirogane's approached by Kaguya at work. But wait, it's Kaguya-chan, because she's one of the kids he supervises. He tells her he's worried that he's upset one of his friends and she goes "it's ok teacher I love you". How cute.

Not that I'm complaining given the author's track record, but neither of these chapters of this "ero spinoff" have even a slight amount of nudity or sexy situations in them. What the heck is going on over there?

Chapter 16 is actually a sequel to a previous doujin chapter.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah it’s not a some alternate future, just an AU where everyone is kindergartener and Hayasaka and Shirogane are their teachers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Xelkelvos posted:

It's gonna turn out that Stanford has a special Satellite campus in America and so the cast can remain in relatively close proximity to each other even after graduation.

And since it's a junior college they can still have uniforms.