Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I think it was the lady in the bathtub from Soft and Wet

Expect My Mom posted:

Josuke finding the lady in the bathtub right before he summons Soft & Wet, comparing it to Jack finding the woman's in the tub in the Shining

Oh. Huh, I expected Damo since Vitamin C is probably one of the most genuinely horrifying stand powers yet (if not the most), but that makes sense too. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Nessus posted:

He was a loving mammoni

Also he broke some dude's neck

for calling him a mammoni

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Something I was thinking about recently with king crimson’s reveal in the anime is: isn’t king crimson a hard counter for the world?

With epitaph, couldn’t king crimson foresee the results of dio’s timestop (no matter how long dio stops time) and leap past it, making him rather immune to whatever dio could throw at him?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Condiv posted:

Something I was thinking about recently with king crimson’s reveal in the anime is: isn’t king crimson a hard counter for the world?

With epitaph, couldn’t king crimson foresee the results of dio’s timestop (no matter how long dio stops time) and leap past it, making him rather immune to whatever dio could throw at him?

This assumes that Diavolo isn't a moron.

Epitaph basically doesn't exist/work whenever Doppio isn't using it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Funky Valentine posted:

This assumes that Diavolo isn't a moron.

Epitaph basically doesn't exist/work whenever Doppio isn't using it.

Seeing 10 seconds into the future is essential for being able to use King Crimson at all, I always figured Epitaph was just that part of King Crimson

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I figure in an ambush King Crimson wins, if they know what's coming and the user is prepared to immediately go for the kill The World (either one) wins. Polnareff managed to bait out the time erase and actually landed a couple of glancing blows on Diavolo inside normal time as a result, either Jotaro or DIO could pull something similar and activate The World at that time and kill (or critically incapacitate) Diavlo inside unerased stopped time.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

If they know how King Crimson works they can win, if they don't they get fisted/chopped. Dio would be fine with this, less so Jotaro.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Condiv posted:

I think that matchup basically comes down to who activates their stand first.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

If they know how King Crimson works they can win, if they don't they get fisted/chopped. Dio would be fine with this, less so Jotaro.

It would really depend how it played out. If Polnareff were there to pass on how King Crimson works like Joseph did with The World I'd give it to Jotaro, who is extremely quick on the pickup and probably the sharpest Stand user in the series.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I'm fairly certain that this is safe for the Anime/Toonami threads but out of an excess of caution, have some DC Douglas goofiness: https://twitter.com/DC_Douglas/status/1096554665490169856

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
there's already so many stupid King Crimson Explainer videos that are full of spoilers. we haven't even seen the broad strokes of how the ability works until this friday's episode. i saw one that said (no spoilers) and i hovered over it and saw diavolo's full design. why are people like this

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

somepartsareme posted:

there's already so many stupid King Crimson Explainer videos that are full of spoilers. we haven't even seen the broad strokes of how the ability works until this friday's episode. i saw one that said (no spoilers) and i hovered over it and saw diavolo's full design. why are people like this

I stumbled across this vid on youtube when I was looking up the kira vs jotaro/koichi fight

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

FirstAidKite posted:

I stumbled across this vid on youtube when I was looking up the kira vs jotaro/koichi fight

geez
Imagine caring this much to do this

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Real dick move too as that's the video with the manga subs, which you now can't link to anime viewers without a variety of major spoilers

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m pretty sure that’s the same one that used to be labeled “Jotaro dies in part 6”

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I’m pretty sure that’s the same one that used to be labeled “Jotaro dies in part 6”

It is, yes. That dude just sucks. Pretty sure he changed it to that the first time some time after the video hit a million views, as well.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i assume there's no new op this episode and it's the ep after the week break that will have it

i'm not really sure at this point because for a time there we thought there was going to be a two week break

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Holy poo poo the scene on the boat

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist posted:

If Giorno made a second Mista would he also have a Stand? Would it be Sex Pistols or something else?

Lol I forgot this actually (sorta) gets answered

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't know if this visualization makes more or less sense.

Oh poo poo Doppio!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 1, 2019

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Does "King Crimson has the ability to lock in the fates of others while exempting the user from it during a span of about five seconds" make any more or less sense than the usual spiel? I feel like it's a pretty decent way to tie it to the sleeping slaves of fate theme

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

That's not really a good spoiler to put in the anime thread with no context. There's no reason to assume Fugo doesn't show back up in the series from this point, so saying he's gone or survives after are all bad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I got a bit ahead of myself.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Arist posted:

Lol I forgot this actually (sorta) gets answered

Yeah, I forgot that Gold Experience just straight up cloned a stand user, complete with the same exact stand ability. Only Soft and Wet can potentially rival this stand in terms of shenanigans since its power-set is so broad.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, I got a bit ahead of myself.

No prob; just making sure it's caught :)

On this episode, I understood how King Crimson worked before, and then got immediately confused by the long winded explanation and the animation about how it works. All the zippers all over the place just made me visually go o_O

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
king crimson makes sense on a broad level, if you dont think about it too hard, but falls apart when you get into the little details. much like dozens of other things in jojos.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

King Crimson is thematically appropriate, it makes a lot of sense when you start explaining it poetically but if you're trying to explain its minutiae it's tough. So maybe it's worth considering it might not really matter how its specifics work

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So how much of this episode was anime original? I can’t really remember anything about this part from the manga between Bucciarati getting fisted and them leaving Fugi behind.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh poo poo Doppio!

But did he call them on an actual phone, or on a "phone"

I don't think I can make this emote any better, if someone wants to buy it they might need to clean up the edges.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 1, 2019

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't know if this visualization makes more or less sense.

Oh poo poo Doppio!

Was that actually him? Couldn't it have been Squalo's partner?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
good lord guys how are a lot of you bad at not saying things the show hasn't said

spoiling epitaph and what it does directly spoils who doppio is and why he can see the future in the metallica fight.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 1, 2019

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, saying it has two separate abilities is kind of a thing that shouldn't be known yet. Right now, it just seems like he has a ridiculously OP power on his own (he does, but, yeah).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He also appears to be in no mood to edit it out, which is annoying.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wonder if they'll do something with the ED in the future to add Spice Girl/remove Fugo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

good lord guys how are a lot of you bad at not saying things the show hasn't said

spoiling epitaph and what it does directly spoils who doppio is and why he can see the future in the metallica fight.

It's amazing how bad people are at it

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
- drat, going into the anime I had forgotten just how little Fugo gets to do. One and done for Purple Haze.

- Interesting how Diavolo's "everlasting climax" spiel is echoed in later parts. Diavolo believes that Epitaph makes him unique in being able to avoid all the lows of life. Johnny is set on returning from a "negative" to "zero". Jobin thinks that everyone, regardless of the circumstances of their birth, begins at "zero", and uses that to justify the rich getting richer.

- Diavolo's always been one of my least favorite main villains, and I've realized that one of the major reasons is that it seems nothing makes him happy. I can't get any kind of handle on what his ideal future looks like. Even if DIO isn't the deepest character ever, it's pretty easy to visualize his ideal future of lording around in a castle taking whatever victims and lovers he feels like. That's not something I really get with Diavolo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Diavolo's ideal future seems to be, gathering the gently caress-all he tells us about his motivations, a future where he rules the world but also no one knows he exists.

Diavolo is kind of a moron.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Diavolo is a bundle of anxiety and neuroses somehow by fluke having built a criminal empire. I don’t think he really has a sane vision for his future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baron La Croix posted:

- drat, going into the anime I had forgotten just how little Fugo gets to do. One and done for Purple Haze.
I would have loved to see the scenes Araki has talked about where he wanted Fugo to have fight Passione, I think maybe on assignment, which would end in his death, but things in Araki's personal life at the time made the idea of friends betraying and killing each other too hard for him to write

I'll def re-read Purple Haze Feedback soon and maybe Golden Heart, Golden Ring for the first time. As it stands now, Fugo just kinda looks like a coward who doesnt even try to understand or respect his friends decisions