Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I mean, free speech, journalistische Freiheit and all, but how in the gently caress do you go along with publishing a Meinungs-Piece like that. Does the Online-Redaktion of the Welt have some incredibly off-kilter, weichgespülter Eindruck of MeToo being about "Gentlemen" not being allowed to comment on a co-worker's outfit as a compliment or something equally stupid?

Yeesh.

If I had a nickel every time I have to listen to some lame dad joke about MeToo from 50y olds ... I would be doing very well in that aspect of the scenario.

Truth is, nothing will get better after boomers gently caress off to hell. Their replacement is already getting their brain rot going, getting ready to take the reins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Opferwurst posted:

Truth is, nothing will get better after boomers gently caress off to hell. Their replacement is already getting their brain rot going, getting ready to take the reins

Once the boomers are gone, generation X will rise again!

(And they will fight with Millenials over the Fleischtöpfe, because the Boomers and boomer-equivalent cohorts have held on for longer and harder than one would expect based on prior generations.)

az
Dec 2, 2005

the boomers are so poo poo I don't even want them to die because that way they'll just weasel out of participating in the climate change thunderdome

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
oh dont worry, the boomers arent going to go first. theyre going to make sure they take us out with them

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

:thunk:

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Opferwurst posted:

You can say whatever you want about Amerika, but I really admire the progressive attitude toward self expression. Outside the Großstädte of Berlin and Munich you still often collect judgemental looks if you appear +- 10% out of normal range. It can feel outright oppressive sometimes. (I guess that's one of the reasons why I often feel so uncomfortable around >40y old bougies)

I think that Germans are a bit too nonchalant about garbage people. In Amerika or the UK, at least you have acknowledgement. In Germany, somehow Gymnasiasten always think that everyone shared their supreme humanistic education, spent ten years regretting the holocaust and read tons of post-war literature about Generationenschuld.

In reality, there is a lot of institutional or overt racism towards Turkish/Arab people. Also, visiting a village as a black person (or with a black friend, for that matter), is always an adventure of looks you'll get.
Case in point, our academic elite being so gosh darn surprised about people voting AfD...

And don't get me started on the people expecting a gold star smiley face for treating Muslims as human beings.
I think Germany is the number #1 country where I have experienced overtly liberal and right minded people just pull out that one retarded, oblivious but racist side comment.

That's not saying it is worse here than elsewhere. Just somehow this attitude that common problems don't exist here, because no one really, deeply gives a drat about Minderheiten.

Haramstufe Rot fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 1, 2019

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Randler posted:

Am 1. Mai hat #Artikel14GG Pause. :kheldragar:

#SpringerEnteignen
:hai:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

caps on caps on caps posted:

I think that Germans are a bit too nonchalant about garbage people. In Amerika or the UK, at least you have acknowledgement. In Germany, somehow Gymnasiasten always think that everyone shared their supreme humanistic education, spent ten years regretting the holocaust and read tons of post-war literature about Generationenschuld.

In reality, there is a lot of institutional or overt racism towards Turkish/Arab people. Also, visiting a village as a black person (or with a black friend, for that matter), is always an adventure of looks you'll get.
Case in point, our academic elite being so gosh darn surprised about people voting AfD...

And don't get me started on the people expecting a gold star smiley face for treating Muslims as human beings.
I think Germany is the number #1 country where I have experienced overtly liberal and right minded people just pull out that one retarded, oblivious but racist side comment.

That's not saying it is worse here than elsewhere. Just somehow this attitude that common problems don't exist here, because no one really, deeply gives a drat about Minderheiten.

Check out this very good song and video op:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnP4w8eTAxU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Looks like my thoughts and prayers approach to Karneval seems to be working out.

Thanks, based Susanoo-o!

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Ha, one of my chillies is sprouting, finally :agesilaus:

I was getting ready to tell them I'd :blastu: them and replace them with some vegetables, but it seems they sensed my mood.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

FAZ doing their thing again
https://uebermedien.de/36090/haben-us-konzerne-mit-twitter-bots-die-eu-urheberrechtsdebatte-beeinflusst/

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Being right? What are you talking about, that's the first article I can wholeheartedly agree with. Rieck is an idiot and should be put into idiot jail, the FAZ demolishing his "study" and "arguments" is the first truly good thing they've done in a long time.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Libluini posted:

Being right? What are you talking about, that's the first article I can wholeheartedly agree with. Rieck is an idiot and should be put into idiot jail, the FAZ demolishing his "study" and "arguments" is the first truly good thing they've done in a long time.

I am insanely loving pissed off right now because of poor life choices I made, so I'm not gonna pull any punches:

You clicked on a link to uebermedien.de, not a link to faz.net. The FAZ did not demolish his study, Über Medien did. The only person who should be put in idiot jail is all of us, by virtue of being alive. Seriously though (not that I was kidding about how everyone should kill themselves), you just pulled a big ol' boner

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

I am insanely loving pissed off right now because of poor life choices I made, so I'm not gonna pull any punches:

You clicked on a link to uebermedien.de, not a link to faz.net. The FAZ did not demolish his study, Über Medien did. The only person who should be put in idiot jail is all of us, by virtue of being alive. Seriously though (not that I was kidding about how everyone should kill themselves), you just pulled a big ol' boner

Ah poo poo, that's what I get for never reading FAZ, didn't notice I was on another website. After going back, there was even a "FAZ-expert being wrong" as part of the headline, just really tiny. If I had noticed that I may have started wondering why the FAZ was slamming their own guys

So I can only conclude it's haldolium's fault for posting a link right after saying FAZ and so confusing my poor dumb brain

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Smirr posted:

Living in Köln during Karneval?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Kölsche Frohnatur claims another victim :(

I'm sorry man, maybe take a time out in Berlin& reevaluate poo poo in a more comforting environment. make some plans how to get somewhere better and get some goals and dates to look forward to. (Or start killing people, I dunno I'm not your mother)

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

oliwan posted:

Check out this very good song and video op:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnP4w8eTAxU

thanks that is a very good song and a very good video

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I just read that a former professor of mine whom I respected a great deal is a (former) AfDler who regularly writes dogwhistle stuff about why immigration is bad and Sozialabbau good on Tichys Einblick :eng99: Never look too closely at your heroes, I guess

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

System Metternich posted:

Never look too closely at your heroes, I guess

How didn't you learn that already from all your church stuff? :thunk:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Randler posted:

How didn't you learn that already from all your church stuff? :thunk:

... I'm not a clever man? :sweatdrop:

But as long as I see you here: Said professor was/is one of Germany's preeminent scholars on early modern Britain, which just goes to prove your oft-stated claim that prolonged association with the English rots your brain :v:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Hello you little rascals 😍

5/30, ich hoffe die anderen kommen auch noch durch :3:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yay :neckbeard:

Mine are perpetually stuck at the two leaf stage. Hmm. Look healthy tho.

I’ve lost count, how many chili growing goons are in the spreadsheet, Randler?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

System Metternich posted:

I just read that a former professor of mine whom I respected a great deal is a (former) AfDler who regularly writes dogwhistle stuff about why immigration is bad and Sozialabbau good on Tichys Einblick :eng99: Never look too closely at your heroes, I guess

Something something a foreigner once erschleiched themselves €23.76 worth of Sozialleistungen?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Zwille posted:

Mine are perpetually stuck at the two leaf stage. Hmm. Look healthy tho.

Same for mine. I have three jalapeño plants that are all quite tall but still only with their first two leaves, and another three plants (lemon drop, serrano, and another jalapeño) that have just poked up out of their Quelltabs :neckbeard:

Waiting on the big ones to start developing another pair of leaves before I move them over into their first umtopfing.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

suck my woke dick posted:

Something something a foreigner once erschleiched themselves €23.76 worth of Sozialleistungen?

I just skimmed one of his columns for a bit because gently caress that noise, but from what I gathered it's that Germany needs to maintain its Leitkultur (?) which can only be done by keeping out immigrants (??) and if you absolutely have to let some in then cutting social welfare has been proven to speed up their integration into said Leitkultur (???)

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Drone posted:

Same for mine. I have three jalapeño plants that are all quite tall but still only with their first two leaves, and another three plants (lemon drop, serrano, and another jalapeño) that have just poked up out of their Quelltabs :neckbeard:

Waiting on the big ones to start developing another pair of leaves before I move them over into their first umtopfing.

Asking for no secret reason of secretly joining you guys here, did you buy some ready to go all-in-one plant box, or did you just get some precious seeds and see where it goes?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Friedrich der Große war pro-Immigration und fùr religiõse Toleranz. #Leitkultur

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Goons Are Great posted:

Asking for no secret reason of secretly joining you guys here, did you buy some ready to go all-in-one plant box, or did you just get some precious seeds and see where it goes?

There’s an all in one kit with pots and tabs and a Gewächshaus (which has 20 tabs for 28 Vertiefungen so plan accordingly) but you gotta pick your seeds yourself. Check out chilishop.de (I think). Carolina Reaper is a very mild variety, good for beginners.

lol „mild“

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Goons Are Great posted:

This is pretty much the set I got (except I bought the components separately since the Heizmatte is waaaaaaaaay cheaper on Amazon): https://www.pepperworldhotshop.com/de/chili-anzuchtstation-a/

Then I bought the seeds from a mix of that shop and Chilishop.de.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Randler posted:

Friedrich der Große war pro-Immigration und fùr religiõse Toleranz. #Leitkultur
"Never look too close at your heroes" cuts both ways, huh? :v:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Drone posted:

Oh, you sneaky, sneaky, growing-light-having devil, you. :)

Quick Fensterbank-Update for my own situation:

Super happy with the turnout so far. A lot of ungleichmäßig growth due to the lighting, but I'm "graduating" the bigger plants to the other Fensterbank once outside sunlight becomes a little more consistent.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

The (still single) sprout which I wrote about grew like 3cm in the next day. The rest still needs a good talking to though.
In other news the Majoran I seeded from some blooms from my parents is also growing, the pot has a green fuzz.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh, you sneaky, sneaky, growing-light-having devil, you. :)

It's pretty necessary unfortunately, since we're in the middle of cloudy weather for the foreseeable future :(

Just hope the grow lamp is enough for the little guys.

Did the white fantasy Oliwan make it though? :ohdear:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Hey, I found live footage of Smirr rn:

https://twitter.com/sibelschick/status/1101502379629965312?s=20

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
lol, I've rarely seen someone not wanting to be there that obviously.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol I came here to post this

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Wer hat uns verraten? – Die Sozialdemokraten.

https://correctiv.org/top-stories/2019/02/28/augen-zu-und-durch/ # on how Katarina Barley is very willingly loving up the press

Having read the entire thing now: Bundesjustizministerium writes a law implementing an EU guideline, and in opposition to the guideline's wording also makes it strip whistleblower protections from journalists and whistleblowers in what would effectively destroy investigative reporting about companies. Literally everyone who reads it and isn't from BMJV goes: This is bonkers and you need to loving fix it. BMJV goes the entire time: No gently caress you, this poo poo is done, put it in. This goes for almost two years and now the thing is in the Bundestag and everyone hates it and it'll hopefully be rewritten sanely.

Interesting question remains: Why would the BMJV do this and more: Why did Bundesjustizministerin Katarina Barley never comment on it other than to cite things that some Beamten told her to say?

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 3, 2019

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Stelter: AKK lol :xd:

AKK: hold my saarländisches Signaturgetränk (? (coal juice?))

AKK posted:

"Guckt euch doch mal die Männer von heute an", sagte die "angeklagte" Parteichefin in der Karnevals-"Verhandlung". "Wer war denn von euch vor kurzem mal in Berlin, da seht ihr doch die Latte-Macchiato-Fraktion, die die Toiletten für das dritte Geschlecht einführen." AKK weiter: "Das ist für die Männer, die noch nicht wissen, ob sie noch stehen dürfen beim Pinkeln oder schon sitzen müssen. Dafür – dazwischen – ist diese Toilette."
https://www.queer.de/detail.php?article_id=33098

The second video on that page is also :discourse: for the crowd reactions

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Hmm almost got it in one

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viez posted:

Mit Viez bezeichnet man im moselfränkischen Sprachraum (westliches Rheinland-Pfalz und Saarland) den meist stark säurehaltigen Apfelwein oder Birnenwein. 

Dazu muss jedoch oft in höherem Maße Schwefel zugesetzt werden um die Gärung aufzuhalten, was die industriell abgefüllten milderen Viezsorten oft unbekömmlicher macht als der gegorene Apfelwein.

Wenn der neue Viez zu gären anfängt, lässt man ihn halt gären und trinkt ihn in den verschiedenen Reifestufen, was den Überraschungseffekt beim Genuss vergrößert. 

Biertrinker galten damals als Angeber.

Hierzu sollte jedoch gesagt sein, dass man den Apfelwein auf Dauer nicht mit einem gewöhnlichen Bierzapfhahn zapfen sollte. Der Apfelwein ist so aggressiv, dass er den Edelstahl-Bierhahn schädigt, weshalb man sich mit der Variante aus Plastik begnügen muss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Overloading articles with minute details on topics relevant only to a triangle of three villages in Südhessen is the German wikipedia equivalent to writing verbatim line-by-line plot summaries in pop culture articles in the US.