Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Then the gf told me to turn it off so we could watch tv :shrug:

Should've played it remotely on your Vita, then. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Then the gf told me to turn it off so we could watch tv :shrug:

:sever:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Idk The Expanse is pretty fun to watch in 4k

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Going away for a few days and I miss Kiryu already

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

Going away for a few days and I miss Kiryu already
Only somewhat related but I thought I was jaded to weird Japanese food after about 8 years of living here but in Don Quixote today I saw something that shocked me.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Only somewhat related but I thought I was jaded to weird Japanese food but in Don Quixote today I saw something that shocked me.

Don Quixote is an amazingly weird store, I'm still waiting for a Yakuza game to let you browse one fully so you can properly take in just how weirdly varied their available products are.

I went to the one in Sapporo all the time. Had to walk past the cosplay outfits and goth clothes, take the escalator, walk past the claw machines which had stress balls shaped like boobs, past the Billy Blanks DVD display to get to the proper video sales section filled with bootleg-but-legal-in-Japan Disney DVDs and Parapara compilations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

univbee posted:

Don Quixote is an amazingly weird store, I'm still waiting for a Yakuza game to let you browse one fully so you can properly take in just how weirdly varied their available products are.

I went to the one in Sapporo all the time. Had to walk past the cosplay outfits and goth clothes, take the escalator, walk past the claw machines which had stress balls shaped like boobs, past the Billy Blanks DVD display to get to the proper video sales section filled with bootleg-but-legal-in-Japan Disney DVDs and Parapara compilations.
You forgot the Tenga section.

At least the new one here has one. Either way, I mostly buy shochu, Halloween costumes, microwave popcorn, undershirts, breakfast cereals, Tim Tams and USB cables there.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

You forgot the Tenga section.

At least the new one here has one. Either way, I mostly buy shochu, Halloween costumes, microwave popcorn, undershirts, breakfast cereals, Tim Tams and USB cables there.

Probably, the last time I was there was over a decade ago, I miss it. :smith:

There were also the Halloween costumes (the ones that come in plastic bags). I don't think they had the Adolf Hitler costume they sold at Tokyu Hands, though.

Chargrilled Face
Nov 4, 2008
I never owned a PS3 and have only recently bought a PS4 (pro!), I'm about to play TLOU.

Does anyone have any recommendations about which difficulty to play it on? I seem to remember at the time people were advocating for playing it on a difficulty above normal?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

univbee posted:

Probably, the last time I was there was over a decade ago, I miss it. :smith:

There were also the Halloween costumes (the ones that come in plastic bags). I don't think they had the Adolf Hitler costume they sold at Tokyu Hands, though.
The Sapporo one was the very first one I went to, about sixteen years ago. I live three blocks away from one now. I keep wondering if my neighborhood will ever end up in a Yakuza game. It's a little small compared to Susukino though.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 1, 2019

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I would do anything to portal into a Don Quixote with like $200.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I would love to have a meal with Kiryu and be his friend.

Also join him in the pocket racing circuit!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

And what happened then? Well in this thread they say, that fridge corn's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

VideoGames posted:

I would love to have a meal with Kiryu and be his friend.

Also join him in the pocket racing circuit!
Sadly I don't feel the same way about Yagami in Judge Eyes but mostly because he's a super famous actor and singer and probably cares not for the little people.

I like Judge Eyes just fine but I still think that casting someone so famous in the lead role was a mistake.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Chargrilled Face posted:

I never owned a PS3 and have only recently bought a PS4 (pro!), I'm about to play TLOU.

Does anyone have any recommendations about which difficulty to play it on? I seem to remember at the time people were advocating for playing it on a difficulty above normal?

Normal is fine, hard makes resources more scarce so you have to be a little more careful about how you tackle encounters. I would recommend normal unless you are seeking a challenge; TLOU has a good narrative and getting pissed off because you've run out of shivs and bandages only detracts from that.

It's a good game, jump in and enjoy.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Hard is also fine but anything beyond that is just boring. You'll be finding nothing but empty drawers and your most reliable weapon is a brick

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think the harder difficulties are best left for repeat runs as there are a lot of gotcha monster closets and ambush sequences in TLOU that can get pretty frustrating if you don't know what's coming and are low on resources.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope TLOU2 capitalizes on the lack of New Game + in the first game. Only being able to use the assualt rifle in the last section of the game sucked.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I need another resident evil sale on PSN soon. I have skipped buying 5, CV, and REvelations each time, but after beating RE2R and RE4, I'm itching for more.

tensai fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 1, 2019

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RE goes on sale about once every 5 minutes on PC and the older games are not very demanding, so that's another option.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

tensai posted:

I need another resident evil sale on PSN soon. I have skipped buying 4, CV, and REvelations each time, but after beating RE2R and RE4, I'm itching for more.

Same, I had the original Remake through PS+ but I haven't subbed up in a while. It's coming out on Switch soon but.... €30 :negative:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
They should put the all the Survivor/Chronicles games on PS4 along with Gaiden just so that the entire series can be on one platform. I mean I guess they sort of are with PSNow but still.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
so kingdom hearts 2 is way too easy even though I suck at blocking as a dodge roll devotee in 1. I thought 1 was pretty close to perfect difficulty or normal, I was a bit underlevelled for Ansem in the tree and it took me a good 15 tries, but felt very satisfying to beat. for the later games, bbs, 3, etc, am I going to run into any major road blocks playing on Hard?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The Walrus posted:

so kingdom hearts 2 is way too easy even though I suck at blocking as a dodge roll devotee in 1. I thought 1 was pretty close to perfect difficulty or normal, I was a bit underlevelled for Ansem in the tree and it took me a good 15 tries, but felt very satisfying to beat. for the later games, bbs, 3, etc, am I going to run into any major road blocks playing on Hard?

3 is probably an easier game than 2 so you should be fine on proud mode. BBS is maybe a little tougher particularly early on in each character’s story but not too bad. Dream Drop Distance is pretty easy on standard mode but that game has some tedious systems I prefer not to spend a lot of time engaging with so I don’t see myself playing it on a harder difficulty.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Is there no autosave in Yakuza 0?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Is there no autosave in Yakuza 0?

Only between chapters

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I'm pretty sure they have a fat tooltip telling you to save your game yourself.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

So I made it through chapter 1 and idk this game is still mostly just talking. The combat does not seem particularly interesting, does it get more in depth later on? Though I have been playing it on easy cuz this definitely seems like the kind of game that I would probably just shelve if I had to redo a fight and lose a bunch of progress or whatever. I'm gonna try and get to the point where they introduce majima before making a judgement about this game but there honestly doesn't seem to be a lot going on here

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

if you don't like talking you're probably not gonna like the crime drama narrative game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its sooo good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

I'm gonna try and get to the point where they introduce majima before making a judgement about this game

smart move

(note: that is also a really long cutscene. but it’s a fuckin awesome one)

acksplode
May 17, 2004

fridge corn posted:

So I made it through chapter 1 and idk this game is still mostly just talking. The combat does not seem particularly interesting, does it get more in depth later on? Though I have been playing it on easy cuz this definitely seems like the kind of game that I would probably just shelve if I had to redo a fight and lose a bunch of progress or whatever. I'm gonna try and get to the point where they introduce majima before making a judgement about this game but there honestly doesn't seem to be a lot going on here

The combat starts shallow and bad and ends broad, shallow, and bad. You don't play Yakuza for the satisfying combat. Just play on easy and enjoy the brutality of the animations and heat actions, they're legit entertaining. Finding new heat actions is always a delight.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Yakuza always takes a chapter or 2 of serious Japanese men talking seriously before you get to the proper goon-suplexing and silly side stories.

Speaking of Yakuza 0, I love the Cabaret Club minigame, there's something weirdly riveting about it. Way more interesting then the real estate stuff even though it's so much less profitable.

Also the fever time music is fuckin' rad. :dance: :dance:

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

RareAcumen posted:

I hope TLOU2 capitalizes on the lack of New Game + in the first game. Only being able to use the assualt rifle in the last section of the game sucked.

The Last of Us has New Game+, all of the upgrades to Joel and the weapons carry over, but you just don’t get the weapons until you find them in the course of the game. When you reach the point where Joel gets a particular gun, it’ll have all the upgrades you gave it on your previous playthrough.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Spalec posted:

Yakuza always takes a chapter or 2 of serious Japanese men talking seriously before you get to the proper goon-suplexing and silly side stories.

Speaking of Yakuza 0, I love the Cabaret Club minigame, there's something weirdly riveting about it. Way more interesting then the real estate stuff even though it's so much less profitable.

Also the fever time music is fuckin' rad. :dance: :dance:

Big facts. If they sold Cabaret Club as a separate game on mobile or Switch I would buy it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ace Attorney Trilogy HD is releasing April 9th for PS4.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

univbee posted:

remind me, is that the one with the shoddy traced art?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

univbee posted:

I never played any of the Ace Attorney games. Would this be good to pick up for a newbie to the series?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Morby posted:

I never played any of the Ace Attorney games. Would this be good to pick up for a newbie to the series?

Yes, since it gives you the first three titles in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rinkles posted:

remind me, is that the one with the shoddy traced art?