Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tag urself I'm the fucker who blows up your Inbox with five emails in a row, none of which matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'm the fucker who remembers the actual thing he meant to email you about 30 seconds after he hits send.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm the one that leaves voicemails outside of work hours and then sends emails at 8.50am complaining that I called yesterday and nobody was there so I left a message and nobody has responded to me yet.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
gently caress all work culture

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

MikeCrotch posted:

I will only play 4e and am willing to split the UKMT over this

this is the worst thing anyone has ever posted in these threads.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm the one who sends an email at 4pm telling you about a call with the American branch at 6pm that you have to be on

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm the one entering the purchase order after having received the goods.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm the one who looks at simple yes/no questions that would let IT work out what is actually wrong with your laptop and responds to every single one with "it's broken, when am I getting a replacement?!".

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'm the one who sends an email 10 seconds later with the actual attachment attached

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

namesake posted:

Hi I'm the gently caress who emails you something and then appears by your desk 5 minutes later hoping to talk to you about it.

"I just sent you an email... :D"

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Pochoclo posted:

gently caress all work culture

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
My folk punk band is opening for punk icons Toxik Ephex tonight and I'm so goddamn pumped, the whole show is sold out as well.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm the fucker who remembers the actual thing he meant to email you about 30 seconds after he hits send.

In case this is helpful, you can set your gmail account to provide an "undo" button for sent emails.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Coohoolin posted:

My folk punk band is opening for punk icons Toxik Ephex tonight and I'm so goddamn pumped, the whole show is sold out as well.

Congrats mate, hope it goes well!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'm the one who sends an email at 4pm telling you about a call with the American branch at 6pm that you have to be on

I'm the instantly copied-and-pasted excerpt from my contract that defines my working hours.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

namesake posted:

Hi I'm the gently caress who emails you something and then appears by your desk 5 minutes later hoping to talk to you about it.

I actually do that one quite a lot but it's normally because it's almost always quicker to work things out in person but you still want to give them a dump of information and also want proof that you did actually send them that information.

(Also I make a point of ensuring just about every last thing I do in my job has an extensive paper trail just in case)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Coohoolin posted:

In case this is helpful, you can set your gmail account to provide an "undo" button for sent emails.

Most places, if you are doing corporate email, you aren't using gmail.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

feedmegin posted:

LOL like he's ever had a real job

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I'm the one who when I want to ask you a question on slack I just message you "hey" and wait until you reply before actually asking the loving question I wanted.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
I'm the one who emails the team's stats on the daily and calculates their commission so when payday comes, anyone with a problem (and there are always problems) at least has a leg to stand on.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

Gmail does so pretty good email services for small businesses; unlimited space, multiple address handling, IMAP, free. I assume they're aggregating all the emails for technically-not-corporate-espionage but lol if they're going to do anything to Bob's Electrical that austerity and brexit hasn't (while also spying on them).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm the one who only goes through my emails once a week meaning you'll be waiting days for a business critical response

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Im the one who opens a helpdesk ticket demanding IT fix my problem and include a screenshot with the error message that says exactly what the problem is and how I could fix it myself in a matter of seconds.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Guavanaut posted:

Gmail does so pretty good email services for small businesses; unlimited space, multiple address handling, IMAP, free. I assume they're aggregating all the emails for technically-not-corporate-espionage but lol if they're going to do anything to Bob's Electrical that austerity and brexit hasn't (while also spying on them).

Yeah a lot of places use gsuite including some large corporates

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

If you use outlook you can alway set a rule looking for "contains words 'attached' AND does not have an attachment" and then tell it to delay sending by 30 seconds to give you time to realise.

I delay all my outlook emails by 30 seconds anyway (use the 'defer delivery' action)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
^^ yeah that

I send many of my emails with a delay that means they actually get sent at 16:45, too late for the recipients to ask me anything about them

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

Red Oktober posted:

If you use outlook you can alway set a rule looking for "contains words 'attached' AND does not have an attachment" and then tell it to delay sending by 30 seconds to give you time to realise.

I delay all my outlook emails by 30 seconds anyway (use the 'defer delivery' action)

I’d start playing Brutal and Career-Ending Honesty Chicken if I ever did that. Very dangerous button.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Also i will absolutely fill your calendar with meetings even if it's just for me to have a chat with you about something

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Interesting Twitter thread where people claim to be cancelling their Momentum memberships because of that vid they did just recently about debunking antisemitic conspiracies.

https://twitter.com/redrobshaitan/status/1101230852565012480?s=21

Seems a really bizarre thing to get riled up about to me but there you go.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

I did say most, my current workplace uses them actually, but it's the first place I've ever worked to do so.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

WhatEvil posted:

Interesting Twitter thread where people claim to be cancelling their Momentum memberships because of that vid they did just recently about debunking antisemitic conspiracies.

https://twitter.com/redrobshaitan/status/1101230852565012480?s=21

Seems a really bizarre thing to get riled up about to me but there you go.

This is peak #notallmen. Yes, we know it's not literally ALL MEN but it's a useful thing to have out there and the video actually says 'SEND THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS IF THIS IS WHAT THEY THINK' at the end.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Cerv posted:

Why’s SNP in the key but not any of the results?
You let YouGov know which way you intend to vote when you sign up and can then filter the results by intention, and I don't particularly give a poo poo about the SDP.

thespaceinvader posted:

Presumably it was an option for affiliation that no-one actually picked.

I'm assumign this has a very small sample size tbh, given that one which clearly only a single lib dem respondent picked.
YouGov daily opinions. I've been ignoring the paid surveys recently because they're constant, and they've been biased as hell, asking a ton of prep questions like "Were you aware a no deal Brexit could mean a shortage of food and medicine" etc, and then asking "Bearing in mind the previous questions, would you choose Theresa May's deal for Brexit or no deal?" Presumably so the papers can then quote that x% of the public would back the PM's deal.

Do not wander into the yougov opinions section. Or do, but take screenshots.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
loving sign on this door telling me to push, you think I don't know how to open a door? UNSUBSCRIBED

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Telling me to register to vote like I already bleeding haven't like some kind of idiot. MEMBERSHIP CANCELLED

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Labour’s deputy leader Tom Watson, who has led the recent internal criticism of Jeremy Corbyn, had dinner with a key strategist behind the plan for a new centrist party on Thursday night.

Watson met with Philip Collins, a former adviser to Tony Blair who has been leading talks about a breakaway movement from Labour, at the upmarket Smith and Wollensky steakhouse in Covent Garden

http://flip.it/qZ2lFT

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Miftan posted:

This is peak #notallmen. Yes, we know it's not literally ALL MEN but it's a useful thing to have out there and the video actually says 'SEND THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS IF THIS IS WHAT THEY THINK' at the end.

Yes I felt quite pissed off receiving a momentum email with this video (I'm not in Momentum) but then when I reflect on some of the pro-Corbyn groups I was in on FB - same thing happens with most posts on I/P and decent threads on I/P and anti-semitism would inevitably start getting Rothschild comments at some point.

The group admins did their best to delete such comments but when there's 15000 in a group and only a handful of admins with lives to lead, it's a devil to keep up with.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Just got an email telling me that my doctor's appointment is tomorrow and punched the screen in anger because I already knew, but then I remembered I forgot what time it was but the screen's broken so now I don't know

bet the loving jews did this

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://mobile.twitter.com/guardian/status/1101549784534532098

quote:

”If truth be told, certainly culturally, I never felt totally comfortable in the Labour party, because I’ve never really been a massively tribal politician,” he told the Guardian, as he reflected on what he called the “roller-coaster ride” of the past fortnight, in his Westminster office.

“I have quite a different background from a lot of people in the Labour party – I’m of mixed heritage,” he said. “My father was a black, working-class man who arrived here with no money in his pocket from Nigeria; my mum came from more of a middle-class background, whose father had prosecuted the Nazis at Nuremberg. We have a really rich and diverse heritage in my family – but I sometimes felt it was a bit of a chain round my neck in the Labour party if truth be told.”

He added that when he briefly stood for the party leadership in 2015, before withdrawing, he was warned that being of BAME background could count against him.

“The team who were helping me organise, were told by quite a few MPs that they weren’t going to support me, because they didn’t think their working-class constituents would ever vote for a black man – and I was quite taken aback by it,” he says, adding that his new TIG colleagues are more representative of modern Britain.
oh my god, gently caress off Chukka

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Just got an email telling me that my doctor's appointment is tomorrow and punched the screen in anger because I already knew, but then I remembered I forgot what time it was but the screen's broken so now I don't know

bet the loving jews did this

I did it for your own good Tess, now you won't be able to afford any more anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Coohoolin posted:

Lol how many offices have you worked in that use gmail?