Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

SpikeMcclane posted:

I love everything about that.

I call this the "officially correct opinion."

Thanks, friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005
Does anyone have any experience with Shieldwolf Miniatures? I've never heard of them but they seem to have done some kickstarters in the past and their style looks great to me. I don't need the goblins they're kickstarting but their human warbands look fantastic and the price is on par with Mantic.

I found one review of their miniatures that looks promising but there just isn't a lot of online presence or discussion and I'm leery of buying a bunch of miniatures that might be really frustrating to paint.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

slap me and kiss me posted:

I just launched my LIFTS: Ultimate Pump Edition ZineQuest kickstarter.

In LIFTS, the strongest person of your group takes on the role of Muscle Master - the person responsible for running the game. Everyone else creates a character represented by personality traits, skills, and a profession.

LIFTS includes a base game, Roboflex, which provides exercise-based rules for social, combat, pursuit, and technical challenges, as well as character advancement and adventure prompts. LIFTS also includes a number of hacks that modify the base Roboflex game, including Deadlifts & Dragons, Shadowrunning, Muscle of the Week, and a few more - each hack introduces new rules that focus on a different type of exercise and healthy living.

This is good and you should feel good.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

homullus posted:

This is good and you should feel good.

Thanks! I feel great - it's all those exercise endorphins. Some massive genius on the internet pointed out that I should be calling them "supplements" and not "hacks," and now here we are.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

Does anyone have any experience with Shieldwolf Miniatures? I've never heard of them but they seem to have done some kickstarters in the past and their style looks great to me. I don't need the goblins they're kickstarting but their human warbands look fantastic and the price is on par with Mantic.

I found one review of their miniatures that looks promising but there just isn't a lot of online presence or discussion and I'm leery of buying a bunch of miniatures that might be really frustrating to paint.

How do you mean "frustrating to paint"?

I brought a box of their rangers a while ago. Haven't got around to doing anything with them as yet. On the thin side compared with the 'heroic' proportions of GW stuff.

Was weighing up getting some of their space paladins - although I would end up getting a bunch of stuff from Anvil Industries to go along with them, weapons and such.

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005

LashLightning posted:

How do you mean "frustrating to paint"?

I'm thinking of early mantic stuff where the two dollars I saved not buying a GW dude was in no way worth trying to scrub mold lines off the center of a cape or trying to paint the weird lumpy thing a figure was prominently holding up. It taught me to be wary of cheaper minis.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I just launched my LIFTS: Ultimate Pump Edition ZineQuest kickstarter.

In LIFTS, the strongest person of your group takes on the role of Muscle Master - the person responsible for running the game. Everyone else creates a character represented by personality traits, skills, and a profession.

LIFTS includes a base game, Roboflex, which provides exercise-based rules for social, combat, pursuit, and technical challenges, as well as character advancement and adventure prompts. LIFTS also includes a number of hacks that modify the base Roboflex game, including Deadlifts & Dragons, Shadowrunning, Muscle of the Week, and a few more - each hack introduces new rules that focus on a different type of exercise and healthy living.

Excellent. I’ve always wanted to play a muscle wizard.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Chill la Chill posted:

Excellent. I’ve always wanted to play a muscle wizard.

You'll be stoked to learn that Muscle Wizard is indeed a class in Deadlifts & Dragons (so is Muscle Warlord).

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Thanks! I feel great - it's all those exercise endorphins. Some massive genius on the internet pointed out that I should be calling them "supplements" and not "hacks," and now here we are.

The main downside is the usual RPG one: "I sure wish I had four other people to play this with regularly"

That downside never stops me from buying/backing.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

homullus posted:

The main downside is the usual RPG one: "I sure wish I had four other people to play this with regularly"

That downside never stops me from buying/backing.

A couple people have mentioned that they'd love a solo thing. I think that's a great idea, and have wasted the last three hours at work trying to figure out how that would work.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

A couple people have mentioned that they'd love a solo thing. I think that's a great idea, and have wasted the last three hours at work trying to figure out how that would work.

Not having seen your system, maybe like the (otherwise bad) board game TIME Stories, but with rock-hard abs at the end of a mission rather than unmitigated frustration at the repetition.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Bargles and Barbells, a rewrite of the old basic set solo adventure.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I hope someone who is a trainer at a gym starts running this game in place of a Spin Class or whatever. I would be down to get healthier to power up my Muscle Wizard.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
The basic, basic, fundamental building block of the system came from this 200-word rpg submission I wrote back in 2017. Jon and Jef covered it (briefly) in System Mastery episode 95 (~42:25). What I'm kickstarting now is significantly more robust.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I hope someone who is a trainer at a gym starts running this game in place of a Spin Class or whatever. I would be down to get healthier to power up my Muscle Wizard.

That would be amazing. I'd love to see it.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

I'm thinking of early mantic stuff where the two dollars I saved not buying a GW dude was in no way worth trying to scrub mold lines off the center of a cape or trying to paint the weird lumpy thing a figure was prominently holding up. It taught me to be wary of cheaper minis.

No, the stuff I have is good quality.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I’m thinking of a choose your own adventure kind of thing with difficulty checks you have to pass (like 20 pushups to steal the ogre’s battle axe) I guess?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lord_Hambrose posted:

But then you lift something and immediately become as weak as you were before you began.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Doctor Zero posted:

I’m thinking of a choose your own adventure kind of thing with difficulty checks you have to pass (like 20 pushups to steal the ogre’s battle axe) I guess?

Yeah, that's kinda where my head's landing too.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That’s cool as hell and I backed it despite not really caring about RPGs. Good luck!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, that's kinda where my head's landing too.

I don't know if you're aware, but darebee.com has a couple of things that sound similar to this: Hero's Journey and Age of Pandora

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

DigitalRaven posted:

I don't know if you're aware, but darebee.com has a couple of things that sound similar to this: Hero's Journey and Age of Pandora

Oh man, that's some cool stuff!

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Hey, a friend of mine is doing a wee zine on Kickstarter -its all about the 90s sci fi horror game, SLA Industries; specifically why people have remained fans of this rad wee setting over 30 years, what people are passionate about, what people still find exciting.

Are you a SLA fan? Are you wondering what the deal is? Are you curious how a fan community for a relatively small, weird horror game to has lasted so long? Do you like stickers? Check it out and consider backing!
Time & Tide

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 28, 2019

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
More zines -

A Rasp of Sand is a super cool roguelite with legacy mechanics built on Knave (which I understand to be an osr engine of some sort). It funded in nine hours, is clocking in at like 900% of its target, and closes in 50 minutes.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dastardlydave/a-rasp-of-sand-a-roguelike-tabletop-rpg-experience

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Knave is by Ben Milton (also known as The Questing Beast) who is one of the very very good eggs in the OSR community who pays attention to inclusivity and good game design: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/250888/Knave

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Knave desperately needs a functional setting piece on top of it, and this is certainly that. I regret having missed it.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Belatedly got around to looking at the demonstration video and Quickstart for Unspeakable: Sigil & Sign and was perturbed to note that C.A. Suleiman is extensively credited in the Quickstart, despite having been kicked off the team substantially before the Quickstart was published due to the harassment stuff.

Specifically, he's credited among the writers, credited as a team member, and gets an "Unspeakable created by C.A. Suleiman" credit. The first is fair enough if his writing is still in there, though it'd be preferable if it were gone. The second is misleading since he was kicked off the team. The third seems like redundant praise, because what's he created there, exactly? The idea of the system? No, it's a riff on Mark Rein-Hagen's stuff. The setting? No, it's the Cthulhu Mythos. Crediting him with being the "creator" of the whole shebang seems to be solely on the basis that he led the writing team, but given that, again, he got kicked off the team it seems misleading to tout him for that, unfair to whoever took over from him as team lead not to give them an equivalent credit, and altogether unnecessary for the credit to be there. The overall effect is that the credits page seems to present the whole project as being very much The C.A. Suleiman Show, which makes something of a mockery of the gesture of removing him.

Also the system looks like it's generally Not For Me. It's a riff on Mark Rein-Hagen's I Am Zombie system and I should really have picked up on that sooner, oh well. Am getting a refund sorted out.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Who would’ve guessed that cartel is late? I mean, anyone who knew it was a magpie game. How long does it take to put 90 extraneous cabròns into a rulebook?

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Arivia posted:

Knave is by Ben Milton (also known as The Questing Beast) who is one of the very very good eggs in the OSR community who pays attention to inclusivity and good game design: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/250888/Knave

Thanks for this; I hadn't heard of it, and it's pretty darn cool. I want to use it for something soon.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Something like 13 hours left and my campaign kind of deflated, but hey, I gave it a shot.

https://igg.me/at/30bookcovers

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

ravenkult posted:

Something like 13 hours left and my campaign kind of deflated, but hey, I gave it a shot.

https://igg.me/at/30bookcovers

That's a shame. I dearly love Day 4 and Day 7, but I don't have a book to go with them! Do you have anything else like 7 in the pipeline? Really gives me a Chris Foss vibe.

Maybe I should write a couple of novels to go with them! :unsmith:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Last couple hours for Millennium Blades!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/millennium-blades-collusion

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
LIFTS: Ultimate Pump Edition is at 98.5%. Next up is a stretch goal for a professional editor, and after that, doubling pay for that same editor, the contributing author, and the artist.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/196463444/lifts-ultimate-pump-edition-the-rpg-for-your-muscl?ref=1tpyoa

e: 100%

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 4, 2019

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Congratulations on your successful Kickstarter

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

If anyone is mad enough to want it, Petersen Games are doing a 70-hour Kickstarter for their giant Cthulhu the Harbinger figure. $49 plus shipping gets you the figure, rules for using it in six separate games, and an 11x17 art print.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Am I blind or did they not actually tell you how tall it is until the updates? 230mm, apparently.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Critical Role's kickstarter to do an animated short has made nearly $4 million already, and it's not even 24 hours since they kicked it off.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/criticalrole/critical-role-the-legend-of-vox-machina-animated-s

At this point, with it being 45 days long as well I think they're going to run out of anything to add to the stretch goals, be interesting to see if the typical 'how dare we not get more stuff or free' comments come out from the abundance of entitled customers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/criticalrole/critical-role-the-legend-of-vox-machina-animated-s

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Am I blind or did they not actually tell you how tall it is until the updates? 230mm, apparently.

Yep. It's slightly taller than the CW Cthulhu, but about twice as bulky. It is a considerable thing.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Just got my final email for Crusader Kings. I'm looking forward to annoying my friends by trying to play an 8 hour board game!!!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Jarvisi posted:

Just got my final email for Crusader Kings. I'm looking forward to annoying my friends by trying to play an 8 hour board game!!!

You could read yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

PST posted:

Critical Role's kickstarter to do an animated short has made nearly $4 million already, and it's not even 24 hours since they kicked it off.

At this point, with it being 45 days long as well I think they're going to run out of anything to add to the stretch goals, be interesting to see if the typical 'how dare we not get more stuff or free' comments come out from the abundance of entitled customers.

None of these pledge levels are actually for the animated shorts right? It’s just all exclusive branded merchandise?