Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

Isn't that what they mean when they say it displays the relative tier?

Is that not what is shown in the screenshot?

They don't show any crafted mods in the screenshot, so it's unknown if it applies to them as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

I see what you mean, but nobody is really going to care to sell something if it's like sub relative-tier-4.

I think you've misunderstood, for crafts tier 1 is the lowest and it goes up from there, it's the reverse of normal affixes.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

I think the 32k build is real, if you turn off Aspect of the Avian in PoB then he has exactly 4 mana unreserved, and the ES values stay the same.

Oh hey you're right. I guess he bought the ring just for the stats on it. So, this build gets mana by stacking both strength and intelligence. You'd think that this build would want Zealot's Oath but apparently not?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

32K build is real, and it's why Guardian has always been broken and deserved a nerf since day 1. But no one actually cares about how broken a support can get.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ubachung posted:

I think you've misunderstood, for crafts tier 1 is the lowest and it goes up from there, it's the reverse of normal affixes.

Yeah I thought he was talking about "crafts" in general and not master crafts.

It is kinda troubling that there is no master craft in the screenshot.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

hawowanlawow posted:

Yeah I thought he was talking about "crafts" in general and not master crafts.

It is kinda troubling that there is no master craft in the screenshot.

it would be nice to see it, but can't cram any more graham in that item

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MMF Freeway posted:

Man, China gets the guild buffs and this poo poo:

Thanks Tencent!!

Like I called a long while ago, this is how Tencent acquisitions go:

* Everyone, rightfully so if they've followed history, gets mad. Not knowing that Tencent specifically avoids forcing their own changes to the original NA servers.
* Everyone then sees the changes that Tencent does on their own client.
* Everyone loving begs the devs to copy them. Auto-currency pick? Extra stash? Please GGG give us that.

And so on.

Gaardean
May 28, 2012

McFrugal posted:

Oh hey you're right. I guess he bought the ring just for the stats on it. So, this build gets mana by stacking both strength and intelligence. You'd think that this build would want Zealot's Oath but apparently not?

It's only "real" in that someone decided to see exactly how high they could get their ES. No damage nodes anywhere and dies instantly to chaos damage, it's just an end-of-league art project.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gaardean posted:

It's only "real" in that someone decided to see exactly how high they could get their ES. No damage nodes anywhere and dies instantly to chaos damage, it's just an end-of-league art project.

Oh yeah, that would explain why the only gems in the build are the auras.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I don't understand these league mechanics, but I guess it makes sense once you have access to end game.

:)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
You touch sulphite and get feul for an infinite dungeon. You already have all the information you need to succeed with it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Karen just press the delve button

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I kinda got that part, I was just amused that I got all 3 spawns within one screen of each other and wanted to share. I still don't know how to get upgrades since I lose all my gem links and I've been wearing the same junk for 30 levels.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Asproigerosis posted:

I kinda got that part, I was just amused that I got all 3 spawns within one screen of each other and wanted to share. I still don't know how to get upgrades since I lose all my gem links and I've been wearing the same junk for 30 levels.

Don't worry about that until you hit like act 8 or 9. A lot of builds can complete the acts with garbage gear, just aik to keep your resistances capped or whatever.

Like, a terribad magic item with 5 links is better than a really nice rare item with only 4, each subsequent link is basically a damage multiplier. There's a lot of power creep going on right now; Resistances are important because the game is built around having them maxed.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

While leveling I try to get a 4link body, helm, or gloves early and basically consider that piece of gear locked until I buy a 5 or 6link for maps. I also look for one heavily offensive ring with flat damage rolls if I'm leveling with weapons, since with a fast weapon it can carry you. You can also buy a cheap abyss jewel with life and flat damage. Then move speed boots, and life/res on everything else which get traded out fast and I don't worry too much about sockets.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

pork never goes bad posted:

While leveling I try to get a 4link body, helm, or gloves early and basically consider that piece of gear locked until I buy a 5 or 6link for maps. I also look for one heavily offensive ring with flat damage rolls if I'm leveling with weapons, since with a fast weapon it can carry you. You can also buy a cheap abyss jewel with life and flat damage. Then move speed boots, and life/res on everything else which get traded out fast and I don't worry too much about sockets.

Yeah pretty much. Unless they butcher storm brand you probably don't need much more than a 4-link, move speed boots, and life based on how good you are at dodging things. Now that I think I really understand the game I'm gonna do it again and see how far I can actually progress.

One question - the basic idea for Elemental Overload with something like storm brand is that you can expect to get crits through sheer number of hits so it gives your non-crit damage a mostly permanent buff without needing to worry about % crit or multiplier numbers, right?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

One question - the basic idea for Elemental Overload with something like storm brand is that you can expect to get crits through sheer number of hits so it gives your non-crit damage a mostly permanent buff without needing to worry about % crit or multiplier numbers, right?

Right

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Don't forget purity of elements exists if you don't have the gear to cap your resists.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dance Officer posted:

Don't forget purity of elements exists if you don't have the gear to cap your resists.

also save all your bad unique rings until you have a literal inventory full of them and sell them all at once to get a loreweave

hahahaha it sucks doing it so much

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Yeah pretty much. Unless they butcher storm brand you probably don't need much more than a 4-link, move speed boots, and life based on how good you are at dodging things. Now that I think I really understand the game I'm gonna do it again and see how far I can actually progress.

Yes and use controlled destruction too.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

EVIL Gibson posted:

also save all your bad unique rings until you have a literal inventory full of them and sell them all at once to get a loreweave

hahahaha it sucks doing it so much

I tried doing that this league and I found like 10 unique rings in the first week so I got all excited about getting a loreweave, I found maybe 10 more the entire rest of the league

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

For me it was lots more likely to get three exalt drops (about what a low-end 6L loreweave was going for) than 60 unique rings.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have picked up about a dozen exalts thus far since starting play midway through Betrayal, and have had fewer unique rings drop.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think I found about 40 rings.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I just bought 50 rings to finish my first loreweave.

Then I bought a 120 more. Don't do this to yourself. Friends don't let friends buy rings.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What ways are there to get mob explosions on a cyclone phys build ? Haemophilia, gladiator ascendency?

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

That's it really. I did Scion slayer raider cyclone with haemophilia. You can get a +1 frenzy charge corrupted one for something reasonable or self corrupt

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vuln on hit maybe.

Do you still have a link to that character ?

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

yea!

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cheeseNcrak/characters

I had a lot of fun. I could have pushed the damage higher and life higher (better jewels, and slightly better gear). I think loreweave was fine, but perhaps a 6L starforge and using kaom's heart might have been better for defense and sacrificed only like 5% of my damage. slapping on +1 unarmed/melee range on every slot possible is the one thing I implore everyone to do with cyclone .

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

What ways are there to get mob explosions on a cyclone phys build ? Haemophilia, gladiator ascendency?

Inpulsa + starforge also works

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Slayer raider is so boss.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
is it a fools errand to try to orb of chance a unique you want?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

Depends on the rarity of the unique. Chancing a quill rain is something like a few hundred on avg. Chancing a headhunter is more like 8-10k

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Lvl 95, 80ish unique rings, zero exalts all league :v:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

unless you're ssf, yes

barring possible obscure exceptions, you can buy any unique cheaper than the theoretical average number of chances you would need to generate it, and when you trade you can specifically buy high roll uniques instead of being stuck with random rolls

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I chanced an inpulsas this league so if it can happen to me it can happen to you. I usually just choose one unique a league to chance and when it's convenient I'll pick up that base. This league was sadist garbs. I remember skyforths used to be the big thing to try for, my filter even highlighted sorcerer boots for me. What happened to make skyforths not as sought after?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

BobbyK posted:

I chanced an inpulsas this league so if it can happen to me it can happen to you. I usually just choose one unique a league to chance and when it's convenient I'll pick up that base. This league was sadist garbs. I remember skyforths used to be the big thing to try for, my filter even highlighted sorcerer boots for me. What happened to make skyforths not as sought after?

the es/ci nerfs put it in the dumpster for like 5 leagues and now the unique mods just aren't that valuable compared to the power creep

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Lvl 96 here, 130ish unique rings, 14 exalts.

Good thing I got enough for a second Loreweave, because my first one went *poof* in the Altar of Corruption.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

wow that may the unluckiest ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tons of ex drop in delve. In my experience this league.