Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1101713237597409281

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

cargo cult posted:

both my south indian and north indian grand parents and grand uncles and aunts were hardcore tankies lmao

#SayYesToPeoplesWar #JaiNaxal

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Jaldi kar bhai

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

#SayYesToPeoplesWar

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

cargo cult posted:

maybe i'm exaggerating but my dad's dad was a sincere stalinist

joseph or MK stalin from tamil nadu?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
lmao i just remembered this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin_(2006_film)

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
im gay

cargo cult has issued a correction as of 06:50 on Mar 2, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

sometimes it seems like all of history just ends up being about a contest of strength. It's easy for posters like me to complain about human rights abuses and democracy and stuff but I kinda get where tankies are coming from. Your enemies will have no mercy so why should you?

So basically, should I just shed all of my ideology and get super into Indian nationalism, or Pakistani nationalism, or I guess Chinese nationalism?I'm open minded if anyone has better ideas.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

sometimes it seems like all of history just ends up being about a contest of strength. It's easy for posters like me to complain about human rights abuses and democracy and stuff but I kinda get where tankies are coming from. Your enemies will have no mercy so why should you?

So basically, should I just shed all of my ideology and get super into Indian nationalism, or Pakistani nationalism, or I guess Chinese nationalism?I'm open minded if anyone has better ideas.

thai royalism

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smirking_Serpent posted:

How can you list off every nationalism but National Bolshevism?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
im not a tankie but the world was a lot better when the USSR was still around. the liberals felt compelled to put a man on the loving moon. thats as good as its going to get :rip:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

mila kunis posted:

thai royalism

does this mean i have to give up the thai thread because it's kinda good

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Smirking_Serpent posted:

juche

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

TURMP

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
one-nation world communism

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

#SayYesToPeoplesWar

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the pakistani strategy for kashmir all the way up until the 1980s was the people's war

then they just changed leftist rhetoric with islamist ones and did the exact same thing

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Smirking_Serpent posted:

yes

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
TFW CPI Kerala has the highest HDI scoreI in the subcotinent :jihad:

cargo cult has issued a correction as of 10:19 on Mar 2, 2019

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

that just makes you sound like a fubpee

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

cargo cult posted:

The CPI(m), at least in Kerala, are no joke one of the best communist parties in non-revolutionary situations rn

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Turing cops, bad heat

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

cargo cult posted:

Not even that. Lowest homicide rate. Highest literacy rate. Lowest infant mortality rate. Lowest rate of homelessness. 4th lowest poverty rate in India behind 2 island states & Goa. It's a remarkable success story.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The USSR was unironically good.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

The USSR was unironically good.

I was reading about the 1971 India Pakistan war the other day and this really seemed to come through. The USSR seemed to be the voice of reason and industrial development for both sides whilst the Kissinger-Nixon U.S was baying for millions of corpses and doing everything they could to prolong and intensify the conflict.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's the other way around; the US needed the war to end immediately (because Pakistan would lose and was their ally in the region) and the Soviets wanted to see it through to completion (because they would dominate the region due to their close ties to India).

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's easy to get 1971 confused, because at the same time Pakistan was carrying out a genocide in Bengal.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Grapplejack posted:

It's the other way around; the US needed the war to end immediately (because Pakistan would lose and was their ally in the region) and the Soviets wanted to see it through to completion (because they would dominate the region due to their close ties to India).

They didn't seem ready to accept how outmatched Pakistan was for some time, and were pressuring anyone they could to donate arms and equipment to the Pakistanis, even dispatching a carrier group that arrived too late. If the Pakistani military hadn't completely collapsed the Nixon administration likely would have pushed for a longer conflict in the hopes of preserving Pakistan and weakening India.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's easy to get 1971 confused, because at the same time Pakistan was carrying out a genocide in Bengal.

you mean occupied east pakistan #zindabad

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Often Abbreviated posted:

They didn't seem ready to accept how outmatched Pakistan was for some time, and were pressuring anyone they could to donate arms and equipment to the Pakistanis, even dispatching a carrier group that arrived too late. If the Pakistani military hadn't completely collapsed the Nixon administration likely would have pushed for a longer conflict in the hopes of preserving Pakistan and weakening India.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Task_Force_74

quote:

On 6 and 13 December 1971, the Soviet Navy dispatched two groups of cruisers and destroyers and a submarine armed with nuclear missiles from Vladivostok; they trailed US Task Force 74 into the Indian Ocean from 18 December 1971 until 7 January 1972. The Soviets also had a nuclear submarine to help ward off the threat posed by USS Enterprise task force in the Indian Ocean.

Which wouldn't have done any good anyway as the Soviet Navy was sent as a counterbalance.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
If you can speak Bengali in Bangladesh today, thank a Russian.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Smirking_Serpent posted:

When our turn comes we shall not make excuses for the terror

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

at that point what exactly are you fighting for

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

cargo cult posted:

the first two provinces that'd voluntarily secede that come to mind are assam and punjab neither of which are southern and hindu but honestly im not like educated on the subject either

I'm guessing Nagaland would be the third

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Dreylad posted:

I'm guessing Nagaland would be the third

The northeast would probably just secede together since India's military with reserves is bigger than Nagaland's entire population

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Is there a decent book about the history of communism in India? It seems weird that no big communist movement sprang up in western India seeing that places like Rajasthan are very industrial and Punjab is very agricultural.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

so wtf, did they not say yes to war

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

#say:shrug:towar

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Cowards