Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I love how people keep using the less eye‐searing purple edits to illustrate general issues with the design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I finally finished reading all of the dunks and now I'm sad there aren't any more

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I got a quick question for ol' BeAmMoLeStOrJ: Have you shown this bathroom to your parents and or whomever raised you?
Follow up question: Did they look proud of you?

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

sounds like he ran out of money to remodel the toilet then

All these before photos look perfectly fine. I can't believe he thought he could improve on this and spent thousands and thousands on this result.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

voting third party posted:

All these before photos look perfectly fine. I can't believe he thought he could improve on this and spent thousands and thousands on this result.

It just needed tile and new sinks

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
He would have been fine with new countertops and a fresh coat of paint. Maybe re-tile the jacuzzi. Would have cost 1/10th of what he paid and increased his sale price.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Yes but when climate change finally brings down society, he’ll have the perfect keep for WarBoss Lowtax to soak his robo-spine and command the goonhorde from

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It just needed tile and new sinks

Well even if he just retiled, it would be impossible to predict where the tiles would have ended up. They'd be uneven like a motherfucker. And that wouldn't attract the :females:.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
basic builder grade bitches up in this thread, we have seen magnificence and simply cant comprehend its majesty

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

sneakyfrog posted:

basic builder grade bitches up in this thread, we have seen magnificence and simply cant comprehend its majesty

The Emperor's New Bathroom

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
resplendence simply cancels out our basic smooth peasant brains

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery

Grand Fromage posted:

Not gonna lie the idea of a huge shower with like 20 shower heads all around sounds pretty awesome if you have the pressure and heater to handle it.

There is one in a spa in Salt Lake City and it is AMAZING. It was probably 9-10 feet wide on all four sides and there were three showerheads stacked vertically in every corner at about chest height, a rain showerhead above and four normal showerheads (IIRC) in the center of each wall.

I went to the spa mid-week when no one else was around and was able to go in that shower for about 20 minutes without anyone waiting on me to get out...it was glorious. Spent at least ten minutes just slowly spinning in circles in the middle of it all, wishing I could teleport the whole thing into my own home.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Vortex Street posted:

There is one in a spa in Salt Lake City and it is AMAZING. It was probably 9-10 feet wide on all four sides and there were three showerheads stacked vertically in every corner at about chest height, a rain showerhead above and four normal showerheads (IIRC) in the center of each wall.

I went to the spa mid-week when no one else was around and was able to go in that shower for about 20 minutes without anyone waiting on me to get out...it was glorious. Spent at least ten minutes just slowly spinning in circles in the middle of it all, wishing I could teleport the whole thing into my own home.

Where? I want to go.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Did the guy ever post the toilet

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
smash mouth post the toilet

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
its like the bathroom a videogame villain would have. beatmstrj is gonna invade earth with his hellspawns (after a nice shower)

Castle Wolfenstein WC

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Not gonna lie the idea of a huge shower with like 20 shower heads all around sounds pretty awesome if you have the pressure and heater to handle it.

a shower for entertaining

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Anne Whateley posted:

The neon purple is equally terrible, you dinguses. It would also be terrible if it were orange or teal or you name it, because there is just way too much poo poo going on. Red is not the fatal flaw of the original bathroom

There is basically no color that can help it because the tile is SO dark and covering so much. Also that horrible wall in the bathroom which again as a woman I would never want to deal with.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

YamiNoSenshi posted:

The Emperor's New Bathroom

Not being able to see the bathroom would be a significant improvement

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Apparently tubs/showers on rocks is actually A Thing that people do? Do these become dirt and mold havens or is there an underfloor drain that I guarantee bEatmstrJ hasn't put in?

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

TheMadMilkman posted:

Where? I want to go.

The Grand America Hotel. It’s called an experience shower and I looked it up to check my memory, it has the 12 body sprayers, four overhead showerheads and one wall showerhead. Still awesome :)

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Vortex Street posted:

The Grand America Hotel. It’s called an experience shower and I looked it up to checj my memory, it has the 12 body sprayers, four overhead showerheads and one wall showerhead. Still awesome :)

Not pictured: the massively specced plumbing to provide all that water. Which 100% did not happen in beamsterJO's abandoned sex hovel.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Ah, the unfilmed-yet-built set for the entrance to Wallace's office in Blade Runner 2049

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

This is a cannibal cookpot from a racist old cartoon. All it needs is a mustached man in a pith helmet sitting in it fully dressed and sweating.

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

Not pictured: the massively specced plumbing to provide all that water. Which 100% did not happen in beamsterJO's abandoned sex hovel.

Correct...at that hotel’s spa and room rates, they can afford it. IIRC they might even sell socks in the spa’s boutique.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Vortex Street posted:

I don't even remember where I saw this, it was years ago, but there was a profile on a crazy rich person's custom house and how he had a custom built shower that needed to commercial water connection to create a like 3 foot wide waterfall simulator.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Youth Decay posted:

Apparently tubs/showers on rocks is actually A Thing that people do? Do these become dirt and mold havens or is there an underfloor drain that I guarantee bEatmstrJ hasn't put in?

It's a spa thing, carried over from saunas where the rock tray serves a practical function of making steam. Now it's just an esthetic created by and for the kind of people that don't really care about how hard it is to clean mildew off river rocks because that's what they pay Enrique for.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Three Olives posted:

I don't even remember where I saw this, it was years ago, but there was a profile on a crazy rich person's custom house and how he had a custom built shower that needed to commercial water connection to create a like 3 foot wide waterfall simulator.

that’s loving gross

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Thread, rate this bathtub:

Rick Owens’ Tomb Bathroom

On one hand I know it's spose to be arty and minimalist, but on the other hand that wall and sink looks like a british public bathroom from the 80s where then[now?] illegal homosexual hook ups happened.

But the faucet looks like it can actually pour water into the tub which is a step up from Beejmaster's tub.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Youth Decay posted:

Check out the one with a toilet. SOMEONE'S putting on airs.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

value-brand cereal posted:

On one hand I know it's spose to be arty and minimalist, but on the other hand that wall and sink looks like a british public bathroom from the 80s where then[now?] illegal homosexual hook ups happened.

But the faucet looks like it can actually pour water into the tub which is a step up from Beejmaster's tub.

Rick Owens can't do anything wrong. 10/10

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Uh...I prefer BeastmasterJJ’s bathroom. That genuinely looks like a serial killer’s basement with an acid vat to dissolve the bones.

And real talk, what is with this new bathtub trend of having right corners along the rims? How are you supposed to lie back and relax with a sharp edge digging into your neck?

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
hey serious question I don't know if anyone else asked, but what's the heating situation in that ginormous bathroom? like...I don't see any hvac vents/registers in that entire tiled bathroom. is the floor heated?

edit: I just read the job list breakdown thing and apparently the floor IS heated? over what area? and is that how you're heating the bathroom?

ghosthorse fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 3, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ghosthorse posted:

hey serious question I don't know if anyone else asked, but what's the heating situation in that ginormous bathroom? like...I don't see any hvac vents/registers in that entire tiled bathroom. is the floor heated?

edit: I just read the job list breakdown thing and apparently the floor IS heated? over what area? and is that how you're heating the bathroom?

Once the :females: come in, the heating takes care of itself

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

This looks like something animals are supposed to drink from.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Vortex Street posted:

The Grand America Hotel. It’s called an experience shower and I looked it up to check my memory, it has the 12 body sprayers, four overhead showerheads and one wall showerhead. Still awesome :)

That’s only like 20 minutes away. Definitely going to check that out.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

there wolf posted:

It's a spa thing, carried over from saunas where the rock tray serves a practical function of making steam. Now it's just an esthetic created by and for the kind of people that don't really care about how hard it is to clean mildew off river rocks because that's what they pay Enrique for.

Uhhh couldn't you just spray some bleach on it?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

I sincerely love it. That looks like a lot of real stone which has a different vibe than tile or something. I bet the audio resonance in that room is incredibly soothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

power botton posted:

Rick Owens can't do anything wrong. 10/10