Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Funny that I got back into 40k right after I moved back from Northern Virginia. I'll have to time a visit to friends around NOVA some year (read: find a friend's house to crash at for a long weekend)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Went to local game store today. The owner bought a few buckets of minis a few weeks ago. Here's my haul.

They still have a bunch of RT plastic marines and tiny Orks.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

I am a vindicator tank irl. Useless, stubby and gorgeous.

I've a Wave Serpent. Cheap with a big butt, frequently have 12 guys inside of me, and can discharge my shield for D3 mortal wounds to the closest enemy target.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
im an incubi

sexy but never taken :(

NightWonder
Nov 15, 2015

"I Use Psychic To Put Stuff In The Toilet."
I am a Dreadnought. Wise and powerful, yet dead inside.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm a Redemptor Dread - of dubious use and rapidly approaching death.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Some relatively convincing Shadowspear leaks on reddit.

https://reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/awb3l7/rules_for_shadowsword_units/

Nothing super stands out as amazing. Unless Death Guard can take the greater possessed for another S buff.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Harkano posted:

Some relatively convincing Shadowspear leaks on reddit.

https://reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/awb3l7/rules_for_shadowsword_units/

Nothing super stands out as amazing. Unless Death Guard can take the greater possessed for another S buff.

Greater possessed and Obliteratirs being Assualt 6 and the venom crawler are awesome.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Suppressors look neat and will gently caress up Tau Overwatch horseshit. Nervous about the new troop choice - we had a swanky new kid take over from the base troop choice in AoS once already so I'm hoping the same doesn't happen again. I'm gonna see if I can split the box with someone.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Deleter posted:

The Suppressors look neat and will gently caress up Tau Overwatch horseshit. Nervous about the new troop choice - we had a swanky new kid take over from the base troop choice in AoS once already so I'm hoping the same doesn't happen again. I'm gonna see if I can split the box with someone.

My guess is that the Vanguard troops will be good for short range shenanigans while the regular Intercessors maintain a solid role in long range support.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Deleter posted:

Anything that fucks with T'au overwatch bullshit is good in my books.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I am not a Math person; literally I have never mathed. That said those are some wonky numbers. I'm assuming they're giving more than 1 troop choice for each one, and it seems like chaos is going to be way above the Marines in point cost.

I really like the autocannon unit and the sniper unit. It seems like they're trying to get people to stop buying scout boxes with the troops, but my impression is that a big part of what makes Scouts useful is their expendability. I'm not sure these guys are going to have that with the extra special rules you think they'd be more expensive than intercessors.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 2, 2019

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Quote =/= edit

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Eifert Posting posted:

I am not a Math person; literally I have never mathed. That said those are some wonky numbers. I'm assuming they're giving more than 1 troop choice for each one, and it seems like chaos is going to be way above the Marines in point cost.

I really like the autocannon unit and the sniper unit. It seems like they're trying to get people to stop buying scout boxes with the troops, but my impression is that a big part of what makes Scouts useful is their expendability. I'm not sure these guys are going to have that with the extra special rules you think they'd be more expensive than intercessors.

Scouts are cheap. 18/model minium boys arent.

Make them min squads of 3 and they will see the table, otherwise they will sit with the rest of my primaris marines on the shelf (bricks of 10 intercesssors are now ok, and DW aggressor soup squads are cool, never painted my helblasters)

Also going to NOVA, playing in the main event obvs

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

The Deleter posted:

No it won't. T'au overwatch bullshit is all the other units nearby chipping in and this doesn't do anything for that unless you're splitting a lot of fire hoping to get lucky.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My guess is that the Vanguard troops will be good for short range shenanigans while the regular Intercessors maintain a solid role in long range support.

They get pre-game infiltrate and still benefit from bolter beta rules. You can put them in prime dust-up range without a transport from the word go and that's very good.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Came across an issue with a local stockist and GW. Curious if anyone else has seen similar reports with the ‘new GW.’

There is a small store in my area that primarily sells a non-hobby product, but they also started stocking GW, proving gaming tables, and engaging with the local community. Yesterday they announced that due to issue with GW they were selling off everything at a discount and would no longer carry product but would still provide gaming spaces. I went by today and talked to the owner and he reported the following:

1. Hard to reach sales reps, sales reps on vacation with no backup coverage, and other basic communication issues.
2. Increasing push from GW to carry specific products even if they aren’t big sellers or popular in the area. For example, GW was forcing them to stock AOS even though the owner said it wasn’t selling. Or making them stock the ‘best selling’ products which seemed to not really be the best sellers, ie: drop pod.
3. Issues with mischarging their account. If they did an order and something was out of stock, they would get a refund for that product. Then when it came in stock they would get charged again for the big order. This apparently happened multiple times.
4. Shipping costs. For example, to stock magazines they would have to pay for them to be overnighted. So to have 3 issues in stock they would have to pay $40 or whatever.

The owner seems really chill and was trying not to be too critical or burn a bridge with GW so I don’t see him having any reason to be making anything up.

Seems weird since GW is apparently doing great these days from a businsss perspective. Not sure why they would be so difficult to work with. Growing the hobby by helping small stockiest sell their products seems like it would help them more than hurt.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:lol: the best selling 8th Edition drop pod.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My LGS had the debut of new Ork stuff delayed by a week, their relationship with GW seems frosty

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

TheBigAristotle posted:

My LGS had the debut of new Ork stuff delayed by a week, their relationship with GW seems frosty

This happen to my local store with the Gloomspite Gits of AoS and a few of the kill team boxes

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

ToyotaThong posted:

They still have a bunch of RT plastic marines and tiny Orks.
Holy poo poo, Zoats!!!

Fun fact: in the original Rogue Trader, Tyranids were an attack-animal bio-engineered by the Zoats.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Chucat posted:

I've a Wave Serpent. Cheap with a big butt, frequently have 12 guys inside of me, and can discharge my shield for D3 mortal wounds to the closest enemy target.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Came across an issue with a local stockist and GW. Curious if anyone else has seen similar reports with the ‘new GW.’

There is a small store in my area that primarily sells a non-hobby product, but they also started stocking GW, proving gaming tables, and engaging with the local community. Yesterday they announced that due to issue with GW they were selling off everything at a discount and would no longer carry product but would still provide gaming spaces. I went by today and talked to the owner and he reported the following:

1. Hard to reach sales reps, sales reps on vacation with no backup coverage, and other basic communication issues.
2. Increasing push from GW to carry specific products even if they aren’t big sellers or popular in the area. For example, GW was forcing them to stock AOS even though the owner said it wasn’t selling. Or making them stock the ‘best selling’ products which seemed to not really be the best sellers, ie: drop pod.
3. Issues with mischarging their account. If they did an order and something was out of stock, they would get a refund for that product. Then when it came in stock they would get charged again for the big order. This apparently happened multiple times.
4. Shipping costs. For example, to stock magazines they would have to pay for them to be overnighted. So to have 3 issues in stock they would have to pay $40 or whatever.

The owner seems really chill and was trying not to be too critical or burn a bridge with GW so I don’t see him having any reason to be making anything up.

Seems weird since GW is apparently doing great these days from a businsss perspective. Not sure why they would be so difficult to work with. Growing the hobby by helping small stockiest sell their products seems like it would help them more than hurt.

Sounds about right - the guy at my local store complained about similar stuff.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Rules for all the new Shadowspear units

The fixed wargear options makes me think these are all just temporary 'out of the box' rules and multi-part kits will be coming later on for a lot of this stuff.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

xtothez posted:

The fixed wargear options makes me think these are all just temporary 'out of the box' rules and multi-part kits will be coming later on for a lot of this stuff.

I'm inclined to agree. For example it would make sense if the Lieutenant could also carry an Instigator bolt carbine.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

xtothez posted:

If the infiltrators are points-effective, goodbye scouts?

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe
Loving new Greater possessed, will work well with balls of normal possessed and venom crawlers.

NightWonder
Nov 15, 2015

Strobe posted:

No it won't. T'au overwatch bullshit is all the other units nearby chipping in and this doesn't do anything for that unless you're splitting a lot of fire hoping to get lucky.

My bad for not knowing my rules as best as should, but I thought that T'au could only use For the Greater Good if the unit being charged can overwatch.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheBigAristotle posted:

If the infiltrators are points-effective, goodbye scouts?

They're still based on the Primaris line so I don't see them competing cost wise for filling out battalions, but that 12" denial range is pretty compelling.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

NightWonder posted:

My bad for not knowing my rules as best as should, but I thought that T'au could only use For the Greater Good if the unit being charged can overwatch.

Nope. Just have to be in 6" of a unit being charged. So even charging a unit already locked in combat can be a risky move.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Obfuscator Psychic Discipline? New spells for marines!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Master Twig posted:

Nope. Just have to be in 6" of a unit being charged. So even charging a unit already locked in combat can be a risky move.

So you gotta kill em' all.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Master Twig posted:

I'd read it as still being unable to fire.

The quote is "may fire overwatch as if they were also targeted."

If the unit was targeted, it wouldn't be able to overwatch if it was wounded by the autocannon. Since it can't fire overwatch of it was targeted, it can't contribute to fftg.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Obfuscator Psychic Discipline? New spells for marines!

For Chaos too. The Master of possessions gets spells from the Malefic discipline.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

xtothez posted:

I hope so because those chaos rules are pretty unremarkable.

NightWonder
Nov 15, 2015

Master Twig posted:

So it seems like the better plan is to take 2 squads and target the units you don't want shooting you. I think Raven Guard and Blood Angels have a similar Relic that denys Overwatch, so there could be something there to work on.

If anything these Suppressor Squads will be a nice addition to Marine Armies that want to focus on melee like Blood Angels and Space Wolves.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MinistryofLard posted:

I'd read it as still being unable to fire.

The quote is "may fire overwatch as if they were also targeted."

If the unit was targeted, it wouldn't be able to overwatch if it was wounded by the autocannon. Since it can't fire overwatch of it was targeted, it can't contribute to fftg.

Autocannons kill a model from unit A.

Unit A is charged.

Unit B within 6" of Unit A.

Can Unit B fire OW per FTTG?

I read it as yes.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
This is yet another reason why FTGG needs to go tbh.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Loving new Greater possessed, will work well with balls of normal possessed and venom crawlers.

Won't it just make Possessed S6 rather than S5. Which while not nothing is rather situational. It'll help vs T3/8 but it's still 5+ against most vehicles and 3+ against MEQ's

I still don't think it makes Possessed worth their points. It does nothing for their roll d3 for attacks and hope you don't roll a 1.

Now if it's aura buffed them to 3 attacks, that would have been worth thinking about taking them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
If they do a spot faq for possessed to set their attacks could be worth looking.

Seven in a raider to get them across the field, a greater possessed, exalted champion an dark apostle could maybe do something.

Its not great bit something compared to what they were before.