Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Fayez Butts posted:

Yes.

This is what the interior looks like:

I actually don't have a problem with this at all. It's not super attractive, but it's got physical controls for all the things that matter and it's not actively unpleasant or grating to look at like some really busy modern interiors. As long as the materials all feel decently high quality and it's put together well then I'm down.

I think the only thing that bugs me is how impractical that flat expanse of wood trim is. You can't actually put stuff on it because it'll just roll off, so it's just like having a big, pointless desk in your car. A little lip or a divot on the passenger side like work vehicles have would have been cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

You're overlooking the cloth seats. See? Goons yell that they want something and then nit pick it when they get it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Considering it's probably never gonna be sold in America, most goons will never have opportunity to get it, so therefore, it does not exist. :science:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Nonsense, they can pick one up used in 25 years. Which is what would have happened anyway.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Cross postin'

Blind Rasputin posted:

This makes your car go faster, right?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
if that was a sentra it would own

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

BlackMK4 posted:

mmm, toaster oven hot pockets while driving

Reminds me of that idiot in a GTR on the track video, "checking the kabob" haha.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Fayez Butts posted:

Yes.

This is what the interior looks like:

I unironically love the poo poo out of this.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Hope you don’t need those controls on the right side of the screen while driving.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Funzo posted:

Hope you don’t need those controls on the right side of the screen while driving.

It looks like it's just powertrain/charging info, so, yeah, you probably won't.

I really, really like that interior though, Nice and clean.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

ExplodingSims posted:

It looks like it's just powertrain/charging info, so, yeah, you probably won't.

I really, really like that interior though, Nice and clean.

I'm pretty sure the radio is something you'd want to be able to actually control.

Incidentally, the volume knob is all the way to the right on the top of the dash, along with whatever those other buttons are for. Seems like it would be a bit of a stretch, unless you normally drive with the steering wheel against your ribcage.

If that was a production car, it would absolutely be worse than tesla's stupid central tablet thing.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Zenostein posted:

I'm pretty sure the radio is something you'd want to be able to actually control.

Incidentally, the volume knob is all the way to the right on the top of the dash, along with whatever those other buttons are for. Seems like it would be a bit of a stretch, unless you normally drive with the steering wheel against your ribcage.

If that was a production car, it would absolutely be worse than tesla's stupid central tablet thing.

Look at the steering wheel.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

BlackMK4 posted:

Look at the steering wheel.

Can you turn your radio on by pushing the volume + button on the steering wheel? I suppose it's possible you could turn it on with the voice control, but that seems like a worse solution than "put the power button and volume knobs where they normally are."

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
You mute the radio by turning it down all the way. You can navigate the modes there too.

I have not touched a radio button in years between my two Hondas, on one the radio face is hidden behind a cover 100% of the time

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Since the steering rack is electric and there is no physical connection to the wheels, you just press "mode" once to select radio volume, and turn the steering wheel to control volume - counter for down and clockwise for up.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

angryrobots posted:

Since the steering rack is electric and there is no physical connection to the wheels, you just press "mode" once to select radio volume, and turn the steering wheel to control volume - counter for down and clockwise for up.

Holy gently caress, the Japanese beat games are gonna be sick in this thing

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

BlackMK4 posted:

You mute the radio by turning it down all the way. You can navigate the modes there too.

I have not touched a radio button in years between my two Hondas, on one the radio face is hidden behind a cover 100% of the time

I don't think there is any way of switching the audio system in my Mazda off (it can of course be muted but there is no power switch)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Zenostein posted:

It's the size of a Honda Fit/Jazz so it won't be that much of a stretch. Also that probably isn't the final production interior, so it could be a RHD/LHD thing, despite them showing the LHD model. Whether they swap the volume knob and Audi buttons for LHD regions is anyone's guess, but that layout makes more sense if the steering wheel is on the right.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Memento posted:

Cross postin'

Sorry but turning a luxury box into bosozoku is totally the wrong thread.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I still don't get why they don't hide the access ports behind some panel, or at least distribute them more neatly. Like come on that's obvious right :staredog: ? Or maybe I'm just obsessing here. It is real neat otherwise.

Re volume knob, now the passenger can fight back

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Funzo posted:

Both touch screens have an "All Apps" button, so probably you have the radio controls available on the driver side screen too.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

Sorry but turning a luxury box into bosozoku is totally the wrong thread.

That's not bosozuku, that's not even half assed bosozuku. Literal zero effort "lol I put long silly pipes on my Volvo, such boso, much trend kekeke!".

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Has anyone said bosovolvu yet?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Finger Prince posted:

That's not bosozuku, that's not even half assed bosozuku. Literal zero effort "lol I put long silly pipes on my Volvo, such boso, much trend kekeke!".

What is 'fun' ??

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

What the hell

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I kinda like it as a sheer gently caress you to style and common sense.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Minus the hood scoop, wrong thread.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Some parts of that car look like a graphics glitch, like when you get normals wrong.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

If it was a joke, it's would be pretty good one, but the only way someone builds something like that is in earnest.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I just found out that the Chevrolet SSR Pickup Cab exists.

I'm scared.. :ohdear:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

No lie, possibly gonna be the new commuter when it comes out. First one at CarMax is mine.

It’s not coming to America, sorry.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Good morning! On my drive to work today I was passed by a Tesla Model 3 with the license plate 'FRIOSA'.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

FBS posted:

Good morning! On my drive to work today I was passed by a Tesla Model 3 with the license plate 'FRIOSA'.

Given its owner is risking their lives everyday by their car deciding that its a wonderful day to set itself on fire

it kinda fits?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

FBS posted:

Ok, I'm dumb as hell and I've had a hell of a morning but explain this one to me. Think of me as your old man.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

Ok, I'm dumb as hell and I've had a hell of a morning but explain this one to me. Think of me as your old man.

A deaf person watched fury road

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Combat Theory posted:

What the hell

Accident damage.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MrOnBicycle posted:

I just found out that the Chevrolet SSR Pickup Cab exists.

I'm scared.. :ohdear:

Not sure what you mean. The SSR exists, and it was a (hardtop convertible) pickup, but “SSR Pickup Cab”?

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Darchangel posted:

Not sure what you mean. The SSR exists, and it was a (hardtop convertible) pickup, but “SSR Pickup Cab”?

It's how the ad was presented. Frankly I didn't want to research it any further because it's just so horrid.

Why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MrOnBicycle posted:

It's how the ad was presented. Frankly I didn't want to research it any further because it's just so horrid.

Why

Firmly belongs itt