Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Monaghan posted:

I am 100% convinced that Fugo was written out since Akarai realized that Fugo's ability made it basically impossible for him to contribute to fights in any meaningful way. His stand does not lend itself to creative uses .

-Fugo! Get angry
-Arrggghhhaaajjj
-Now, Gold Experience has taken one of your viruses DNA and created a horned lizard, which will shoot blood (full of viruses) right into Pomodoro and Basilico's mouths.

I mean, who needs other stands with creative uses when you can force anything with GE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I feel like Fugo is removed because his stand would be a decent counter to Crimson King. The boss would have a hard time avoiding just a general miasma of incurable disease.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mr. Fowl posted:

I feel like Fugo is removed because his stand would be a decent counter to Crimson King. The boss would have a hard time avoiding just a general miasma of incurable disease.

it IS curable though :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Flavahbeast posted:

it IS curable though :colbert:

Not if they fight at night.

That said, all The Boss has to do is make sure Fugo doesn't land his punches on anything.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

esselfortium posted:

Even if we're dead, we want to make our dreams come true
No, even if we're dead, we will make them come true!
Is that despair? Or is it hope?
We'll overcome a harsh fate, and even if we don't have a pulse, we'll press on!
Zipper Man Saga
I just love the fact that in a season that had motherfucking JoJo, a (initially) silly show about idols took the gold for best Opening. :dance:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Mr. Fowl posted:

turning fugo into a doughnut might cure the disease

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I was just rewatching the Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable set of episodes and good lord the the pervert guy in part 2 is just so disgusting. Araki is a pro at writing creepy fucks.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

trucutru posted:

Giorno just did some bullshit with his bullshit stand but it was like half-assed bullshit so Bruno wasn't fixed properly.

I mean Gold Experience can just basically do whatever the gently caress it wants as long as it is tangentially connected to "life".

Obviously Bruno's got an extra life from the life Giorno punched into him in their fight.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

I was just rewatching the Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable set of episodes and good lord the the pervert guy in part 2 is just so disgusting. Araki is a pro at writing creepy fucks.

How was he still talking as a pair of eyeballs?

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
I didn't know Kira was a sports fan.

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1101684407151312896?s=20

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Bruno refuses to die until he's finally brought Trish to a fancy restaurant, like every other troubled teen he's brought under his wing.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Supersonic Shine posted:

Bruno refuses to die until he's finally brought Trish to a fancy restaurant, like every other troubled teen he's brought under his wing.

And her outfit is okay...but not ridiculous enough to fit Bruno's aesthetic yet. It's like with each of the wayward youths he met he took a little inspiration from their outfits and went "Now...ten times as bizarre. Voilą! You are now a cheese, Fugo."

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

No wonder he went along with Giorno, his outfit was already crazy when they met

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bruno will not rest until all of his children have a set of ridiculous clothes in even more ridiculous colors.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Funky Valentine posted:

Bruno will not rest until all of his children have a set of ridiculous clothes in even more ridiculous colors.

To blend in

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I just love the idea that Bruno is this mother hen who constantly adopts these wayward children into his murderous crime family.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The family that kills together, uh, thrills together? Is still(s) together? I keep wondering how long Bruno's been in business because he seems well known but once again, everyone on the team is between 15-21 years old.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

YggiDee posted:

The family that kills together, uh, thrills together? Is still(s) together? I keep wondering how long Bruno's been in business because he seems well known but once again, everyone on the team is between 15-21 years old.

According to the last or penultimate episode, he's been in the mob since he was like 12 or 13.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Alright just so to be clear this coming Friday we're getting no GioGio, right?

Also of course Fugo's coming back. It's prime material for a dramatic save with some kinda "Did you miss me?" I also only partially agree Fugo's stand sucks in that there's not a whole lot of wacky or original powers going on there, but I like the idea of something hard to control so that when it's used right, it feels like that much more of a reward.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No (new) GioGio on Friday. Another recap or something similar.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

YggiDee posted:

The family that slays together stays together

I can't take any credit for that. It's an episode title from The Venture Bros.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Gruckles posted:

Everyone's so concerned with understanding King Crimson that they missed Giorno's latest bullshit of implanting turtle cells in his brooch, and creating a clone of the turtle that had the same stand.

So what're the odds of Giorno using this power as part of his normal repertoire and collecting skin samples of all his friends (and any available enemies) so he can produce new stands at will?

He's totally going to forget he can do this and it'll be like the damage-reflecting power isn't he?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
The truth is that all turtles can access that dimensional room, but Coco Jumbo and it's clones are the only ones chill enough to let anyone into the turtle club.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

So what're the odds of Giorno using this power as part of his normal repertoire and collecting skin samples of all his friends (and any available enemies) so he can produce new stands at will?

He's totally going to forget he can do this and it'll be like the damage-reflecting power isn't he?

Giorno's friends might not be OK with being cloned.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Silver2195 posted:

Giorno's friends might not be OK with being cloned.

Mista will be fine so long as there aren't four of him running around.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
All of the Sex Pistols would get into fights with the other Sex Pistols and at least one would end up going with the wrong Mista.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

That whole scene felt really cliche except for Fugo staying so I really like that he did.

I still choked up.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/qosicart/status/1101457973526720512

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

This is definitely my least favourite part so far as an anime only watcher just because of how much random bullshit Gold Experience is doing that has very little tentative explanation even in the handwavy realm of Jojo.

Like yeah, I get it, Star Platinum could stop time and Crazy Diamond could "imperfectly" repair things but Gold Experience seems an order of magnitude further in terms of crazy stuff it can do for no clear reason beyond plot contrivance.

It's introduced as "Giorno can make objects into living things (and those things sometimes home in on their owner/origin but sometimes don't)" and its turned into "I can heal wounds (maybe even death) and clone a turtle from a few cells and can remotely track where any thing I've given life is with startling accuracy even in a building I've never visited before with only some rough 2D blueprints and also sometimes can control the life GE has created"???

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
They tracked the turtle and the boss with narancia's stand I thought, but golden experience is definitely some bullshit

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Clever and internally consistent solutions to problems is a big draw of Jojo's, but it's not the only one, thankfully.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Speaking of curing death, how did Giorno's heal Bruno? He made a big deal to Mista how his ability wasn't strictly healing and that he needed replacement bits.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Bruno is the Captain of his Squad. That's all he needs. :colbert:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Conot posted:

This is definitely my least favourite part so far as an anime only watcher just because of how much random bullshit Gold Experience is doing that has very little tentative explanation even in the handwavy realm of Jojo.

Like yeah, I get it, Star Platinum could stop time and Crazy Diamond could "imperfectly" repair things but Gold Experience seems an order of magnitude further in terms of crazy stuff it can do for no clear reason beyond plot contrivance.

It's introduced as "Giorno can make objects into living things (and those things sometimes home in on their owner/origin but sometimes don't)" and its turned into "I can heal wounds (maybe even death) and clone a turtle from a few cells and can remotely track where any thing I've given life is with startling accuracy even in a building I've never visited before with only some rough 2D blueprints and also sometimes can control the life GE has created"???

Well, Giorno is Joseph's Uncle so obviously the bullshit just runs in the family

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
All stand users seem to have a really, really good sense of spatial awareness and can feel where their stand is and even know the specific units of distance.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Speaking of curing death, how did Giorno's heal Bruno? He made a big deal to Mista how his ability wasn't strictly healing and that he needed replacement bits.

Wasn't the entire point of that the fact that the healing would sting like hell, setting up the blowjob gag?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Did anyone else bust a gut when the boss got sucked into the turtle Looney Tunes style?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

https://twitter.com/giornogayovanna/status/1102346843386593280?s=09

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Did anyone else bust a gut when the boss got sucked into the turtle Looney Tunes style?

That and his loving look of despair/anger when Bruno just hosed off to the next floor were some A+ face moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Stink Terios posted:

Wasn't the entire point of that the fact that the healing would sting like hell, setting up the blowjob gag?

Yeah! But he turned the bullets into the parts of Mista's body that were damaged. Here, he just touched Bruno and instantly healed the hole in his gut, the tear through his left side, and restored all of his blood.