Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Accretionist posted:

The two episodes I saw looked like the anxieties of a Tokyoite

Humanity is islanded off in a dollop of city, beset on all sides by giant lumbering white people that can't stop eating

It's like a slightly racist Japanese man doodled out his id

That concept goes away a lot quicker than you would think. It’s more about what a military society does to people and how hosed up they tend to be. You get the heroes or protagonists slowly becoming harsher and cruel while also seeing what the Nazi analogues have done to their society with the hatred bred by their very harsh class system. It’s rather neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Accretionist posted:

It's like a slightly racist Japanese man doodled out his id

bike tory posted:

the creator of attack on titan is a far right Japanese nationalist/imperialist/war crimes denier
You mean a very racist japanese man

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I forgot AoT was still ongoing. Meanwhile, Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun still has just the one season.

and nichijou

and worst of all that Fist of the North Star ended after only ~150 episodes

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

No plus the titans hiding among them is probably propaganda used by the Nazi analogue. They can’t actually transform on their own and are used as a military resource by the Nazi analogue. It’s actually the opposite of fash really.

The main character is a person who can become a titan at will, its not propaganda in universe that anyone could be a titan in disguise, the special titans that bring down the walls are traitors hidden inside Germany/Japan and the titans are literally just wasteful and evil in their natural form

Also the only thing keeping them out are big beautiful walls, just the best walls

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Attack on Titan was dope until they revealed the Titans were Jews

I thought the japanese loved jews

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This is absolutely disgusting. That is a CHILD you're alluding to the murder of.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

CharlestheHammer posted:

That concept goes away a lot quicker than you would think. It’s more about what a military society does to people and how hosed up they tend to be. You get the heroes or protagonists slowly becoming harsher and cruel while also seeing what the Nazi analogues have done to their society with the hatred bred by their very harsh class system. It’s rather neat.

So you're saying the real titan was man.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

It's not opera, it's operetta. You philistine.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Scholtz posted:

This is absolutely disgusting. That is a CHILD you're alluding to the murder of.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

G&S are the Sousa of musical theater. Overrated/played. Modern Major General slaps though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Sousa, of phone fame?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why is Nuusckmuicker "jaa"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF8W_2TJsKw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbD1_HbcVqs

It's a Finnish YTP thing, apparently.

Suleman has a new favorite as of 08:10 on Mar 3, 2019

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

well now you've done it :rip:

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012
I’m always late to the game.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 09:42 on Mar 3, 2019

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
DEVASTATED

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

:drat:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Shoulda gone with ligma ya fuckin virgin lmao

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

So Dharma took the divorce and Greg getting a job with the FBI quite hard then?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Thump! posted:

Shoulda gone with ligma ya fuckin virgin lmao

What's lmao?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
deez nuts

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh no I have been gotted :(

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Less debating attack on titan's potential analogy to world war two, more memes

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

McSpergin posted:

thanks for that handy suggestion mod

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I watched some of the early episodes, if the creator is a far right Japanese nationalist, then why are all the people and architecture essentially European. I mean I'm sure they love eating noodles at noodle stands and other conspicuously Japanese things, but it still doesn't make much sense

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Phlegmish posted:

I watched some of the early episodes, if the creator is a far right Japanese nationalist, then why are all the people and architecture essentially European. I mean I'm sure they love eating noodles at noodle stands and other conspicuously Japanese things, but it still doesn't make much sense

Now why would an artist and storyteller use allegory and metaphors? Golly gee that's a real humdinger!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Emmy OK posted:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Now why would an artist and storyteller use allegory and metaphors? Golly gee that's a real humdinger!

lol ok nerd

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm out of the country and paid for roaming data so I could read the last two days of this thread

I'm gonna collect on you motherfuckers

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Data Graham posted:

I'm out of the country and paid for roaming data so I could read the last two days of this thread

Imemun Kassei.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Data Graham posted:

Nice post/username

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

Phlegmish posted:

If you haven't noticed the one type of people Japanese hate the most are the Japanese

Defenistrator has a new favorite as of 16:26 on Mar 3, 2019

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Defenistrator posted:

If you haven't noticed the one type of people Japanese hate the most are the Japanese

This is, however, only because the Japanese don't consider Koreans to be people.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Or the Chinese

Gokuweed420
Feb 1, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Now this is freaking epic my dude

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Somfin posted:

The main character is a person who can become a titan at will, its not propaganda in universe that anyone could be a titan in disguise, the special titans that bring down the walls are traitors hidden inside Germany/Japan and the titans are literally just wasteful and evil in their natural form

Also the only thing keeping them out are big beautiful walls, just the best walls

At least the titans paid for the walls.