Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

AOC is the Hillary replacement that the right wanted Pelosi to become, but couldn't quite manufacture in time for the midterms.

They're really grasping at straws now. "CROOKED AOC USES TRANSPORTATION TO GET TO WORK!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i heard that aoc exhales co2, and is the source of global warming itself

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i heard that aoc exhales co2, and is the source of global warming itself

I heard she speaks English at work instead of Spanish. Is she really the daughter of an immigrant?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

That’s what decent winter coats cost though? If you want something that’ll last more than a couple winter anyway.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

FrozenVent posted:

That’s what decent winter coats cost though? If you want something that’ll last more than a couple winter anyway.

Not that it's even relevant, but it was gifted to him by his son who works for the manufacturer.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
accepting corporate bribes! :downs:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Extremely dark but likely true :ohno:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

FrozenVent posted:

Canada Goose has a lifetime warranty and are super warm but are pretty expensive. They also make me look sexy

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Re: Trump voters, I really enjoyed Pete Buttigieg's take on this during his Pod Save America interview last week. Basically that people weren't fooled or tricked by Trump, but felt the system had failed them and with open eyes and clear understanding voted to burn the house down. That's exactly the attitude some members of my family had going in to 2016.

I don't think that plays out the same way this time around with those voters. Still, there's plenty of racist assholes who will pull the lever for Republicans anyway

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

egyptian rat race posted:

Re: Trump voters, I really enjoyed Pete Buttigieg's take on this during his Pod Save America interview last week. Basically that people weren't fooled or tricked by Trump, but felt the system had failed them and with open eyes and clear understanding voted to burn the house down. That's exactly the attitude some members of my family had going in to 2016.

I don't have the book but what's that quote by Thompson about the angels and total retaliation

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

I don't think that plays out the same way this time around with those voters. Still, there's plenty of racist assholes who will pull the lever for Republicans anyway

It reminds me of paradoxical undressing, or sugar-seeking during diabetic ketoacidosis - the (voting) body is fundamentally misunderstanding what's killing it, and hastening the process in a panic.

Niton fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 3, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

And while they love to brag about what they're doing they get furious if someone else points it out.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

tfw you're not on 100mg of dexedrine

https://i.imgur.com/Eu9lTTS.mp4

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hot Karl Marx posted:

tfw you're not on 100mg of dexedrine

https://i.imgur.com/Eu9lTTS.mp4

:stare:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

This explanation isn't inconsistent with racism though. Yeah, the system has failed them, but for a lot of people that carries the implication that it failed me because we had to create opportunities for them. And some of that does reflect a certain reality. The suburban white male boomer voter has basically seen his income go nowhere while women and minorities have become an entrenched part of the workforce. He no longer has (as much of) an automatic advantage just for showing up. And the people who have really profited from holding down the working class have made every effort reinforce his perception that these outsiders are to blame.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
People that think civil rights/liberties/whatever are zero sum represent a colossal failure in the education system. Unfortunately there's a considerable number of them and they're of prime voting age.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Vasudus posted:

People that think civil rights/liberties/whatever are zero sum represent a colossal failure in the education system. Unfortunately there's a considerable number of them and they're of prime voting age.

Well when you have history books that downplay slavery and the native genocide its hard to give a truthful education. I wish your teachers made more money so more people would be passionate about really teaching children. It also doesn't help that it seems like most school book companies are owned/controlled by chuds

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

Not that I agree with mega slamming Bernie over this but $700 is absolutely not what it takes to get a coat that lasts more than two years

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

There are still fucks in Congress who talk about slavery having been a necessary good. Isnt sessions one of them?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fallom posted:

Not that I agree with mega slamming Bernie over this but $700 is absolutely not what it takes to get a coat that lasts more than two years

If you want it made in the US it probably is.

Shocking! The senator from Vermont is wearing a coat made in Vermont! :aaa:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holy poo poo a CW5

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Ray Donovan saves 2 million people. Works for DEA

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dea-york-law-enforcement-raid-alleged-ny-drug/story?id=61422878

That's a fuckton of Fentanyl

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Reign Of Pain posted:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dea-york-law-enforcement-raid-alleged-ny-drug/story?id=61422878

or one hell of a weekend

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Life imitates art.

Fresh from half a decade ago:

Soldier Who Said He’d Fight War So ‘Son Wouldn’t Have To’ Feels Like An rear end in a top hat Right Now

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/st...ingawful.com%2F

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is like a nightmare version of those B-52 pilots whose fathers or grandfathers also flew them.

We've got fighters old enough for that to happen, too.

Edit: Actually most of the USAF inventory is old enough.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 3, 2019

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This explanation isn't inconsistent with racism though. Yeah, the system has failed them, but for a lot of people that carries the implication that it failed me because we had to create opportunities for them. And some of that does reflect a certain reality. The suburban white male boomer voter has basically seen his income go nowhere while women and minorities have become an entrenched part of the workforce. He no longer has (as much of) an automatic advantage just for showing up. And the people who have really profited from holding down the working class have made every effort reinforce his perception that these outsiders are to blame.

I realized a while ago that the archetypal trump supporter is Archie Bunker. Everything since then has just been reinforcing it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Reign Of Pain posted:

quote:

Officials said police arrested 31-year-old Braulio Mata, of Ardsley, 44-year-old Jose Garcia, of Ardsley, 47-year-old Ramon Aracena Alfe, of Mount Vernon, 32-year-old Dionell Duarte Hernandez, of New York, and 20-year-old Yarly Mendoza-Delorbe, of Ardsley.

I bet I know what Fox will be shoving down their viewers throats for a bit.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

I really liked that interview and I'm paying much more attention to Buttigieg now.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

What in the gently caress is she on about here?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MA-Horus posted:

Doesn't know that tokenism is an actual word, conflates with someone calling a black person a token, false outrage to whip up her followers and to get people to generate clicks on her content?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dear Candace,

There's been a character named Token on South Park for 20 years and you didn't notice, because you're dumb.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MA-Horus posted:

Candace is confused because AOC didn't write the tweet in German.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

EBB posted:

holy poo poo a CW5

People act like they're super rare but I probably ran into at least a dozen of them in my 6 years, more than one in the same place even. Granted all of them were MI which is a branch heavy with warrant officers.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Is this the same Candace loving Owens that said nationalism is cool and somehow built a Hitler comparison in there?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

She said something along the lines of hitler made Germany great again but was wrong when he tried to make all the neighbors great again as well

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Today is the Blexit rally in Richmond, VA. Earlier this week there was an article that discussed how the field director of TPUSA, the organization that Owens works for, wrote a tweet about how they hate all black people.

I wonder how attendance at the rally is gonna turn out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I saw two CW5s ever. One was a helicopter pilot getting his hours in, the other was on my midtour leave group and got on the plane before the full bird.