Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Corgi Eevee

Corgee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Winklebottom posted:

if he cannot maintain his good boy status when evolving that's his problem

so, what are your bets on the new Eeveelution? I'm thinking steel to go with the sword/shield motif

Normal.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I love Grookey and I really hope they don't evolve into a Grass/Dark rudeboy. :ohdear:

It seems Grookey has a drummer theme going on, so I hope that they evolve into a taiko drum monkey.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Grookey will be Grass/Ice

Cause he's an Arctic Monkey

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Something something Gorillaz

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Grookey will be Grass/Ice

Cause he's an Arctic Monkey

Okay this would actually be cool.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They seem to have for the most part sworn off adding proper new evolutions to old Pokemon in recent gens, Sylveon is iirc the only one, not counting Mega Evolutions or alternate forms. Remains to be seen if they stick to that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Scottish Trainer is big mood

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Kurieg posted:

My favorite thing is how Game Freak loves giving pokemon in the Field egg group these completely random egg moves that no pokemon in the egg group learns.

But Smeargle exists so it's technically possible.

Then you have moves that a Pokémon can only learn as an egg move purely for flavor reasons.

Onix can get Rototiller as an egg move. Where can Onix get it? Dwebble. Where did Dwebble get it? Paras. Where did Paras get it? Cacnea. Where did Cacnea get it? Lopunny (who learns the move via Heart Scale).

And what does Rototiller do? Increases the Attack and Special Attack of all Grass types on the field when used. All this does for Onix is to make it die more easily to Grass types.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Both Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are $29.99 at Meijer stores in the Midwest.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I want Sword and Shield to have a pokeball changer machine that lets me put my mons' in matching ball types without having to go through breeding shenanigans. I hate that my Fossil mons' can't be in the right colors instead of the standard red & white.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

galagazombie posted:

I want Sword and Shield to have a pokeball changer machine that lets me put my mons' in matching ball types without having to go through breeding shenanigans. I hate that my Fossil mons' can't be in the right colors instead of the standard red & white.

Yes, except I wouldn’t have six normal balls because that’s boring. You gotta type each ball to its mon.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Yes, except I wouldn’t have six normal balls because that’s boring. You gotta type each ball to its mon.

That's what I meant. I want my Carracosta in a Net Ball and my Aurorus in a Dive Ball etc.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Winklebottom posted:

so, what are your bets on the new Eeveelution? I'm thinking steel to go with the sword/shield motif

I think flying would be cool, but for some reason I think dragon is more likely.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
We're getting ???-type eevee

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Or Bird type

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Eevee gets a Flying evolution but it's Flying-Normal.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's going to be a dragon type called albeon

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Steel Eevee and Dragon Eevee. The knight vs the monster!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

it's going to be a dragon type called albeon

Targareon

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

This is unrelated to the current conversation, but I wanted to weigh in on something. Why are people hoping that the water starter evolves into the Loch Ness Monster? The game's are set in Poke-UK! Wouldn't it be cooler if the Loch Ness Monster were a real Legendary monster you could go catch in a big lake that is in the same spot as Loch Ness?!

NPCs in the area could tell you about the rumors of a monster that lives in [totally-not-Loch-Nesss] and tourists come from all over for a chance to catch a glimpse of it. Only because it's an RPG, the rumors are actually true and you can go catch fukkin' Nessie!

That'd be way cooler than the Pokemon you can have from the beginning of the game turning into it.

Also Lapras live in the same lake, too, because Lapras looks like the Loch Ness Monster too.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

This is unrelated to the current conversation, but I wanted to weigh in on something. Why are people hoping that the water starter evolves into the Loch Ness Monster? The game's are set in Poke-UK! Wouldn't it be cooler if the Loch Ness Monster were a real Legendary monster you could go catch in a big lake that is in the same spot as Loch Ness?!

NPCs in the area could tell you about the rumors of a monster that lives in [totally-not-Loch-Nesss] and tourists come from all over for a chance to catch a glimpse of it. Only because it's an RPG, the rumors are actually true and you can go catch fukkin' Nessie!

That'd be way cooler than the Pokemon you can have from the beginning of the game turning into it.

Also Lapras live in the same lake, too, because Lapras looks like the Loch Ness Monster too.
Honestly I'd be satisfied with it being Mega Lapras, but a legendary does seem more fitting.

Just as long as I can have the Welsh Dragon too.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Silver Falcon posted:

Honestly, no, that sounds like a much more obvious (read: boring) way of going about it.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 3, 2019

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't get it but this one doesn't seem to be a joke about england like mine. so it's worse sorry

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Silver Falcon posted:

Legendary pokemon are bad and dumb sorry.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I like the legends that are just kinda powerful Pokemon and not creator gods

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/nasiijau/status/1102196450870493184

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It’ll be a mysterious and majestic creatu... oh, it’s another red Gyarados, nevermind.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we might have to live with the horror of one of the starters staying monotype

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

Don't say cursed things.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Winklebottom posted:

Steel's not a bad guess, and as others have said Dragon would make sense, too. I think Poison would also make sense, given the Industrial-Revolution-vibe they've shown off with some of the towns.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

galagazombie posted:

Flying Eevee so we can get a pure flying type that isn't some Legendary or weird alternate form.

While I'd love to see a weird winged possibly bird Eeveelution, pure Flying is such a boring typing. I'd rather have a Dragon or Bug Eeveelution, which are actually interesting. Poison or Ground Eevee would own too... or Normal Eeveelution that turns into the cutest, largest dog. :3:

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 3, 2019

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Johnny Joestar posted:

I really want to see a full starter trio that gains the fire-grass-water effectiveness relationship in reverse as final Evo secondary type. I haven't recently scanned the type chart to see if it's possible but I've always thought it would be cool to have the tables turned like that.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

fire/grass soccer rabbit
grass/water sea monkey
water/fire uh... steamy chameleon

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Gruckles posted:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Gruckles posted:

fire/grass soccer rabbit
grass/water sea monkey

I was thinking of types not already represented in the starters prevos but you got me.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Nth Doctor posted:

I was thinking of types not already represented in the starters prevos but you got me.

Something like Grass/Fight, Fire/Rock, Water/Flying?

I can't think of any clever names for these

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
My bet: Grass or Grass/Fairy, Fire/Steel, and Water/Ghost

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Same body as Scorbunny, but now with a huge pair of steel cleats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Winklebottom posted:

Something like Grass/Fight, Fire/Rock, Water/Flying?

I can't think of any clever names for these

Yeah more like this.

Winklebottom posted:

Same body as Scorbunny, but now with a huge pair of steel cleats

A bigger beefier body, Rugbunny.