Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

stop resisting arrest! stop resisting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Axetrain posted:

Aren't dogs just straight bullshit anyway, I thought they were trained to "alert" on officer signalling.

dogs can smell it and don't lie, this is 100% a handler problem. if you believe that 100% of cops are unprofessional, then dogs are straight bullshit

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

guys they tested my hair in high school and found weed in it and suspended me

a high school that does random hair testing, i'm still mad

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Whos got a good ABV recipe for cannabutter?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Bonzo posted:

just eat it on peanut butter crackers or something, it's ready to go

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Caesar Saladin posted:

That is insane

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Caesar Saladin posted:

that is actually frightening because it can stay in the hair for like 3-6 months or something like that?
shame on them for doing that.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Bonzo posted:

Eh. Put butter, some water and ABV in a pot and cover. heat on low temp for 2-3 hours. Don't let it reach a boiling temp. strain result through cheesecloth, separating the ABV from the liquid butter/water. Refrigerate. Get rid of the excess water once the butter has solidified. remove some of the material that gets naturally attached to the outside of the butter if you want

this is basically the framework for every cannabutter recipe

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i dont understand the concept of flavored blunt wraps and papers who is smoking poop weed that sucks so bad you need to add artificial flavors to it? I haven't seen mids since like 2001

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

if there's no tobacco leaf it's not a blunt, just a joint rolled in smelly brown construction paper

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Entorwellian posted:

that is actually frightening because it can stay in the hair for like 3-6 months or something like that?
shame on them for doing that.

six of my friends were expelled for it by the time I was done, only one of my friends and I actually ended up graduating at that school

it was very stupid. I can't imagine how expensive it was for the school. the justification as that it was in Beijing and drugs were hella illegal there.

evidently it was random but they sure did test me and all my long haired guitar friends and my tattooed girlfriend a lot more than most people

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ive been on tour in a bunch of illegal states lately and noticed that in the last year a ton of fake "cbd dispensaries" have sprung up across the south, in some places like Ybor City in Tampa there is one on like every block.

they all have signs saying WE DONT SELL MEDICAL MARIJUANA and from peering in the windows they mostly seem to sell tshirts and maybe pipes or something?

i havent bothered going in but why do these places exist how are they doing enough business for there to be so many of them? are they fronts?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

poverty goat posted:

dogs can smell it and don't lie, this is 100% a handler problem. if you believe that 100% of cops are unprofessional, then dogs are straight bullshit

you're an idiot. dogs don't lie but they sure do want to please their humans, so when their humans are pleased by the dog alerting on traffic stops with people whom the cop doesn't like -- the dog will know from the cop's behavior even if the cop doesn't intentionally give the "alert for this guy" signal. i believe that 100% of cops are technically human and therefore not actually automatons who behave exactly the same to every person they stop and talk to

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

you're an idiot.

No u

As I said though, dogs are totally capable of doing the job. If the result is flawed it's a handler problem

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the dogs at sorting facilities on the show border security are amazing they just run them along the conveyor belts while they are still running and processing mail

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Earwicker posted:

i havent bothered going in but why do these places exist how are they doing enough business for there to be so many of them? are they fronts?

CBD is ambiguously illegal to the point that no one will viably enforce the law or prosecute and selling CBD stuff, pipes, and dumb weed t-shirts is very popular and profitable. It's all over my huge Midwest college town too.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Earwicker posted:

ive been on tour in a bunch of illegal states lately and noticed that in the last year a ton of fake "cbd dispensaries" have sprung up across the south, in some places like Ybor City in Tampa there is one on like every block.

they all have signs saying WE DONT SELL MEDICAL MARIJUANA and from peering in the windows they mostly seem to sell tshirts and maybe pipes or something?

The correct terminology is called "Head Shops".

I'm kidding.

But really these types of stores have been everywhere. Back in the 80s Kentucky had a chain called "Pep Tab" that sold t-shirts, leather jackets, posters, and black lights. They also sold scales, bongs, pipes, and other items that were "for tobacco use only!" This was back in the 90s so the real reason this store was around was to sell legal speed and test kits to make you piss clean

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I dont ~vape~ or anything but I walked into a vape shop looking for rolling papers a while back and was surprised how it was a headshop in all but name. Wall of glass (definite weed stuff plus traditional hookah and shisha), big displays of cbd and kratom, huge spread of papers and wraps and poo poo, even some Bob marley/blacklight poo poo. Vape poo poo was a tiny proportion of the store. All this in a nice shopping center, in a city that has historically pushed headshops into the seediest areas and then still raided them on paraphernalia charges, and where weed is still illegal. Weed finally has its brown paper bag I guess

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 4, 2019

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

We had the cbd places on every corner before we passed medical mj, most of them pivoted into full on dispensaries as soon as the state started issuing licenses.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

poverty goat posted:

No u

As I said though, dogs are totally capable of doing the job. If the result is flawed it's a handler problem

Which you said only matters if literally 100% of cops are bad so like no u after all

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Drugs have been found on fewer than 15 per cent of South Australians searched after sniffer dogs or electronic tests indicated they were carrying drugs, prompting questions about the legality of the search dogs being used in public areas.

South Australia Police figures show that in 2016-17 police dogs or drug detection systems indicated a person was carrying drugs on 2366 occasions, but drugs were only found on 348 of the people searched.

Of course, criticism of sniffer dogs isn’t fresh. It’s been bubbling away for decades. In 2001 a NSW Ombudsman's report found that drugs were only found in a quarter of searches after a dog had flagged an individual. 13 years later, NSW Greens MP David Shoebridge obtained figures from the NSW Police Minister showing that of the 17,746 people searched by police after being indicated by dogs, 64 to 72 percent were false indications in which no drugs were found.

quote:

a 2011 Chicago Tribune investigation of suburban Chicago police dogs that found a success rate of just 44 percent. That review also found that with Latino drivers, the accuracy rate plunged to just 27 percent, more evidence that the dogs are merely reflecting the biases and presuppositions of their handlers. Other studies have shown false positive rates of up to 80 percent. With success rates that low, it’s hard not to conclude that drug dogs aren’t tools to determine probably cause, but basically a “search warrant on a leash.”

Lol

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 4, 2019

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

InediblePenguin posted:

Which you said only matters if literally 100% of cops are bad so like no u after all

They are hth

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Bonzo posted:

But really these types of stores have been everywhere. Back in the 80s Kentucky had a chain called "Pep Tab" that sold t-shirts, leather jackets, posters, and black lights. They also sold scales, bongs, pipes, and other items that were "for tobacco use only!" This was back in the 90s so the real reason this store was around was to sell legal speed and test kits to make you piss clean

yeah i know those kinds of stores they have been around forever, these fake cbd dispensaries seem like kind a different thing

i mean we still have head shops in california, because dispensaries mostly just have weed and vape pens and maybe one kind of papers, they dont carry pipes or bongs or tie-dyed tshirts or bob marley posters and what have you

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

poverty goat posted:

I dont ~vape~ or anything but I walked into a vape shop looking for rolling papers a while back and was surprised how it was a headshop in all but name. Wall of glass (definite weed stuff plus traditional hookah and shisha), big displays of cbd and kratom, huge spread of papers and wraps and poo poo, even some Bob marley/blacklight poo poo. Vape poo poo was a tiny proportion of the store. All this in a nice shopping center, in a city that has historically pushed headshops into the seediest areas and then still raided them on paraphernalia charges, and where weed is still illegal. Weed finally has its brown paper bag I guess

That's how almost every single smoke shop in Michigan is now. There used to be legit tobacco shops in the nice areas of town, but now they are mostly head shops with a nicer name. However, I live in the part of town where I have three really good head shops within like two miles of me and none of them are trying to be discrete at all.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

poverty goat posted:

if you believe that 100% of cops are unprofessional, then dogs are straight bullshit

so yes then

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Hell Yeah posted:

i dont understand the concept of flavored blunt wraps and papers who is smoking poop weed that sucks so bad you need to add artificial flavors to it? I haven't seen mids since like 2001

Also lol at this bougie gently caress not understanding the appeal of gas station blunt wraps.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Back in my day we had to crack open Swisher Sweets by hand and dump the tobacco in the ocean.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Axetrain posted:

Also lol at this bougie gently caress not understanding the appeal of gas station blunt wraps.

Nah, gas station blunt wraps are gross as hell and we can do better. I'm a man with decent means in his 30s, not a teenager anymore who doesn't have the cash and resources for a much more enjoyable weed experience. Like, my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend is a weird, grimy dude who regularly wraps cheap blunts and I shake my head whenever he does it.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Axetrain posted:

do you not know how to roll an actual blunt

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

poverty goat posted:

I've heard the redman song and I still don't know how

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I was gonna roll this blunt
But then I got high

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That's a surprisingly anti weed song honestly. Dude fucks literally his entire life just from smoking weed. I think Nancy Reagan cowrote it or something

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

poverty goat posted:

As far as I was aware swishers and white owls are actual tobacco, but apparently not. So no please enlighten me.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

purple death ray posted:

That's a surprisingly anti weed song honestly. Dude fucks literally his entire life just from smoking weed. I think Nancy Reagan cowrote it or something

Idk if you take it as satirical it's very pro weed

The better song is Colt 45 or Palmdale though

Come back to meee

yek_no_mpoysp
Mar 6, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
I prefer dabs, but I like flower too.

Weed is nifty stuff and im a big fan.

I like the raw rolling papers, but Im looking for a different brand that does king size. Any recommendations?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Man I'm in Portland Oregon for a week and I'm so pissed at how cheap weed is here. I bought a 1 gram cartridge for 30 bucks and it came with a free battery. Pre rolls are like 5 bucks. Coming from California this is some real bullshit.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

The_Rob posted:

Man I'm in Portland Oregon for a week and I'm so pissed at how cheap weed is here. I bought a 1 gram cartridge for 30 bucks and it came with a free battery. Pre rolls are like 5 bucks. Coming from California this is some real bullshit.

i have a gig there in a few days what are some good places?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Earwicker posted:

i have a gig there in a few days what are some good places?

I literally got in yesterday so I have no idea really. I just walked into a dispensary that was right next to my air Bnb. But keep in mind that there is no tax on the weed and everything seems to just be cheaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
It's sunny and warm today at the Arctic circle (only -15c after a week of -40c, and no windchill).

Lookin forward to starting the weekend off with some good weed on the balcony while watching the sky for northern lights.

:canada: